Is Concierge Level worth it?

Leejnd4

Concierge on R-Class ships is worth it to us because of the cabin location. We like the center aft-facing cabins with the extended veranda. (Directly above "Sirena".) 

On O-Class, regular cabin on deck 7 with extended veranda is perfect for us. We don't care about the extra benefits of Concierge on O-Class.

IMG_3223.thumb.JPG.5618004d8a5e5675ca77da69efd31c03.JPG

Edited by Rob the Cruiser

I just booked a Concierge Class cabin for our 12 day Med cruise on the Marina in November. It was only $100 extra per person and I figured for the laundry and hot breakfast and spa terrace access it was worth it.  Probably won't use early boarding so question if I arrive around 2:00 pm will there be a long wait to board. Ship sails at 9:00 PM?

This will be my first Oceania cruise having cruised on Celebrity previously so any little hints appreciated. 

Can i exchange the bottle of champagne in the room for a bottle of wine in a restaurant?

In terms of included beverages is sparking water and drinks such as non alcoholic Mojitos or Daiquiris included?

15 minutes ago, carlsbadguy said:

I just booked a Concierge Class cabin for our 12 day Med cruise on the Marina in November. It was only $100 extra per person and I figured for the laundry and hot breakfast and spa terrace access it was worth it.  Probably won't use early boarding so question if I arrive around 2:00 pm will there be a long wait to board. Ship sails at 9:00 PM?

Probably not, but there are never guarantees!  With a late sailing you could have other passengers touring until later.  We arrived at the ship in Civitavecchia once upon a time around 4pm with a 10pm departure and there were no lines at all.

15 minutes ago, carlsbadguy said:

This will be my first Oceania cruise having cruised on Celebrity previously so any little hints appreciated. 

Can i exchange the bottle of champagne in the room for a bottle of wine in a restaurant?

YES

In terms of included beverages is sparking water and drinks such as non alcoholic Mojitos or Daiquiris included?

Not sure about that since we don't ask for non-alcoholic cocktails and we rarely go to the bars anyway (DH doesn't drink much more than orange juice-no ice or perhaps a sip of my wine at dinner).  I would think that if they are non-alcoholic there wouldn't be a charge, just as there is no charge for water or sodas.

I have, ORV, but never a bad one.  Well, I'll take that back a bit but I'm also going FAR back.  When we took my mother on a cruise with us in O's early days there were long lines to check in.  But I think that is the only time we ever saw that.  Perhaps they changed their procedures later on.

I could be wrong but I think we were all checking in by alphabet at that time.  Most of our cruises have deal with passengers by cabin class, which does mean shorter lines.  When we've been in PH or above, we've never had much of a wait.

There was one time when we were booked in a top suite and I guess the clerk thought we didn't look like top suite people 🙂 and so he was searching for our reservation elsewhere ... but he finally figured it out and apologized.  Since we were first in line it wasn't a problem.

Most of our cruises had a very short wait ... once time, maybe 5 years ago, the terminal didn't have anyone working the check-in process so we all had to wait a bit, but that wasn't O's fault.

Mura

Nope!!  Never I wear those things.  But I do tend to be a t-shirt, casual slacks kind of person when checking in to the ship. Not sure if he was expecting a fur coat in warm weather, though ... 😉

Mura

I should add that we were in the line for PH and above so that might have given him a hint.

We weren't in a hurry so didn't mind ...

Edited by Mura
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Since my last name starts with W I hate it when things are done in alphabetical order. 

I'm with you.  I always thought the ideal marriage would be to a husband whose last initial was before mine.

Then a "K" married an "M".  Oh dear.  I still uses my maiden name but my passport was in my married name ...

When we were checking in at that cruise with my mother she was in the "K" line and we were next door in the "M" line.  She was already somewhat confused (her Alzheimer's was diagnosed some months later) so I was concerned that she was in a different line and our lines were moving at a different rate.

But it did work out!

Mura

2 hours ago, carlsbadguy said:

Virgin cocktails are included.

If you prefer Perrier to San Pelegríno in your fridge you may want to request it ahead of time to make sure it’s available (it usually is). In restaurants ask for it by name - I do 😊

2 hours ago, ORV said:

Is there ever really a wait to get on Oceania? I really haven't seen one. 

yes   there can be

Last time boarding in Miami  it was chaos  ..we went at 1pm &  there had been a problem   the area was packed  & they were only allowing PH  & above to board ..

There were no seats left & people were blocking the way forward  to the lines

it was the worst embarkation I have seen

Years ago on a Mass Market line we stood in line outside in the 90 degree weather for over 2 hours. That was around the time we swore off all MM lines except Celebrity and Royal(which most cruise lines should take lessons from on embarkation procedures)