Good news for the lady who was affronted by RC's use of foil-wrapped butter!

Merion_Mom

I do not take offense easily, but you absolutely disgust me. I am a dairy farmer's daughter and was brought up with class and character. I also worked 7 days a week milking cows, along with the making hay, harvesting crops and feeding animals. My family's idea of a vacation when I was growing up was a night away for a ballgame if we could get someone to milk. We worked Christmas Day and when if you were sick. We also cleaned up well and knew how to behave in public respectfully. I work today with so many people who have no work ethic at all, and no respect.

The rural community where I was raised had more manners, kindness and integrity than I have ever seen in any city where I have worked, visited or lived. We are all different, and I respect our differences. I do not cut down on your heritage, and how dare you cut down on mine. Without the farmers, you would have no food on your table. I would thank heavens before every meal you eat, that farmers are still willing to work hard to make a living. I invite you to spend a day on the farm and learn some manners yourself!!!!!!!!

Just consider the source, if you know what I mean.

I think having the foil wrapped butter helps with waste as well. If the foils are not unwrapped they could technically be used for another time or repurposed. If open butter is put on a table it likely has to be thrown away afterwards.

Tom

My apologies to the Farmers, Bubba's, & Fellow Cruise Critic Poster's...my poor attempt at humor was grossly misunderstood...my intent was simple...as many unsavory things I have seen happen to food in the WJ by my fellow passenger's I don't find unwrapped butter to be an improvement to the MDR experience...

Again...I do apologize...

Wow! These boards make me realize that I'm slacking in the "being offended" department. If I don't learn to be offended more often, I may actually die happy. That would really suck! lol

I like the foil packets because I can hold them in my hand for 30 seconds before opening them so that they soften up and spread easily.

My apologies to the Farmers, Bubba's, & Fellow Cruise Critic Poster's...my poor attempt at humor was grossly misunderstood...my intent was simple...as many unsavory things I have seen happen to food in the WJ by my fellow passenger's I don't find unwrapped butter to be an improvement to the MDR experience...

Again...I do apologize...

No need for the apology Kc.

Far too many folks on here with issues. They lack a sense of humour.

You certainly can't buy that in Wallmart

I feel I have some basic manners and although the molded pats of butter with designs in them are beautiful, I think the wrapped pats are easier and better. I know there are many times I or a tablemate want a butter, but reaching for the container is long distance. It makes it easier to take a pat and hand it to the person than it does trying to grab and pass the whole container. Emily Post etiquette, probably not, but it works. And it is sanitary.

And I agree with the poster that it probably saves a whole lot of waste.

Erika

Wow! These boards make me realize that I'm slacking in the "being offended" department. If I don't learn to be offended more often, I may actually die happy. That would really suck! lol

I like the foil packets because I can hold them in my hand for 30 seconds before opening them so that they soften up and spread easily.

i'll second that.

if you get offended by tin foil butter packets you should be wearing the tin foil as a hat so people will see you coming, lol...

That made me think of the following Ferris Bueller quote:

"Gummi Bear? It's been in my pocket; they're real warm and soft."

She would take her roll and dip it in the butter after every bite. .

Disgusting type of people, who have no idea of basic manners.

Has cruising come to this ?

Cheap people ruining it for all ?

Shame on the loonies and not RCCL.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn likes to be buttered up

I don't live full time at my ranch, but can honestly say most of the folks I know from out there have far better manners than many of the city folk whom I am surrounded by most of my week. Doubt any of my neighbors out there would stick their bare fingers on the butter.

We do live full time on our dairy farm and we are not "bubbas".

Good manners can be taught wherever you live;)

On another note, my SIL and I love the butter on board. I hope that they do not change it.

Seems to me like someone who lives full time on a dairy farm should be qualified to discuss how to serve butter. I defer to your expertise!

:D

Tom

We do live full time on our dairy farm and we are not "bubbas".

Good manners can be taught wherever you live;)

On another note, my SIL and I love the butter on board. I hope that they do not change it.

So, they put butter in the foil containers for sanitary purposes, but the germ-a-phobes demand that the *outside* has to be sanitized before they will touch them. Good grief - be sure to not touch the silverware that someone has previously put in their mouth...

So, they put butter in the foil containers for sanitary purposes, but the germ-a-phobes demand that the *outside* has to be sanitized before they will touch them. Good grief - be sure to not touch the silverware that someone has previously put in their mouth...

Your correct,

I don't know why they leave there own dust and germ free house.

They are taking a chance.