Freestyle Coke machine question

palaemon

We just boarded and we are about to sail. I got a drink package and went to the Wind Jammer to fill my cup, but 60% of the flavors were greyed out, and unavailable.

Is this normal for departure day?

I'd really hate to think they'd have them shown at all if they were not going to be available.

We just boarded and we are about to sail. I got a drink package and went to the Wind Jammer to fill my cup, but 60% of the flavors were greyed out, and unavailable.

I'd really hate to think they'd have them shown at all if they were not going to be available.

No that's not normal.

Have you tried another machine, are they all like that?

From my experience once in a while a few of the flavours would be out, But normally the machine next to it would have it. So i guess its hit or miss. But i never had any major problems the time i have used them.

It was like that on and off all week last week...at every machine.

It was like that on and off all week last week...at every machine.

After finding most of the flavors greyed out at 11pm at the machines near Sorrento's , I immediately went to Guest Services and after the woman got ahold of whoever - there was a man over there within 3 minutes.

ImageUploadedByForums1424151718.783196.jpg.3ef1cc1471f8a1cdc6f4cfa78b2b24d4.jpg

I'll keep them informed if it keeps happening.

On my Oasis December 2015 trip I found some flavors out from time to time. I was usually able to find a backup that suited me.

It got the chance to see how the insides work at least a little. The size of the syrup containers is really rather small when compared to the size of a standard "bag in a box" you see in a normal fountain drink machine.

It makes sense given the number of flavors they have to accommodate and they don't have any sort of TARDIS technology going on there.

The machines have always dispensed a perfectly flavored drink (e.g. Diet Coke) whereas from the bars I have frequently gotten odd flavored stuff. And I'm not talking about the vile international formula of Diet Coke. I can always spot that now and it's just terrible.

On my Oasis December 2015 trip I found some flavors out from time to time. I was usually able to find a backup that suited me.

I got the chance to see how the insides work at least a little. The size of the syrup containers is really rather small when compared to the size of a standard "bag in a box" you see in a normal fountain drink machine.

It makes sense given the number of flavors they have to accommodate and they don't have any sort of TARDIS technology going on there.

The machines have always dispensed a perfectly flavored drink (e.g. Diet Coke) whereas from the bars I have frequently gotten odd flavored stuff. And I'm not talking about the vile international formula of Diet Coke. I can always spot that now and it's just terrible.

Wow, you DO have a TARDIS, though, apparently.

You can tell us what will happen on a cruise that is 10 months in the future?!?!?!??!?

;) :D

That was not our experience when we had the package on Allure. Just curious, which ship are you on?

I've done the Freestyle 3 times now and the worst was on Allure. I wish I had taken pictures of they gray'd out and non functioning machines. Now, I've heard from others and concluded this was just a bad week.

Hi -

This mite be pretty cool! I have always hauled my own (in suitcases) on board (and I am not sure we can do that anymore?).

Does anybody know if Navigator has these machines and if so, is Caffeine Free Diet Coke an option? It is here at home, but not sure if they all offer the same things.

Thanks! I mite be buying the drink package!

Hi -

This mite be pretty cool! I have always hauled my own (in suitcases) on board (and I am not sure we can do that anymore?).

Does anybody know if Navigator has these machines and if so, is Caffeine Free Diet Coke an option? It is here at home, but not sure if they all offer the same things.

Thanks! I mite be buying the drink package!

Navigator does not have Freestyle Coke machines.

It got the chance to see how the insides work at least a little. The size of the syrup containers is really rather small when compared to the size of a standard "bag in a box" you see in a normal fountain drink machine.

Never seen but I'm picturing the inside of my HP Photosmart printer that had the 5 different color cartridges

From my experience once in a while a few of the flavours would be out, But normally the machine next to it would have it. So i guess its hit or miss. But i never had any major problems the time i have used them.

For me, the Freestyle machine is all about Diet Cherry Ginger Ale or Raspberry Coke Zero. There's just a compulsion to do something I normally can't because now I can.

We have yet to sail on a ship with these machines, and unless Navigator gets one by November it looks like it'll be a while still for us. :rolleyes: