Help! I am having a panic attack!

crslover

My DH decided last friday he wanted to cruise with Perry Grant on the 3-15 sailing. The only rooms available were oceanview guarantee. Our TA recommended finishing booking with Celebrity. We were told not to worry, we could upgrade before sail.We were assigned room 3117 today. I do not want to be a snob, but I am not sure I can handle two weeks with this. Can anyone help me?:mad:

Why would you think you'd be upgraded? If there's nothing else open on the ship, there is no reason to think you'd be upgraded. . . no place else to put you. I think the OV rooms on 3 look great, I always book a balcony but wouldn't have any issue with those rooms.

My DH decided last friday he wanted to cruise with Perry Grant on the 3-15 sailing. The only rooms available were oceanview guarantee. Our TA recommended finishing booking with Celebrity. We were told not to worry, we could upgrade before sail.We were assigned room 3117 today. I do not want to be a snob, but I am not sure I can handle two weeks with this. Can anyone help me?:mad:

Plenty of Suites available.

I am sorry. We are willing to pay for any upgrade. Right now the only available is the celebrity suite. Probably above our pay grade. Maybe someone can give me some insight on this level?

It's right outside the Passport Bar and Guest Relations and the Atrium dance floor, and the shore excursion desk. I have walked by and peeked in lots of times, and they are very bright and spacious and have large windows.

According to Celebritys website there are inside, ocean view, veranda and suites still available for the March 15 2015 sailing on the Eclipse.

I disagree, all I see is a Celebrity Suite. . .if you click on the cabins, they're all sold out

Edited by CathyCruises

I disagree, all I see is a Celebrity Suite. . .if you click on the cabins, they're all sold out

Sorry. I stand corrected. Didn't go far enough into the search engine. Sorry to to all and the OP. Now I'm having a panic attack.

Edited by davekathy

Why are you having a panic attack? You booked an oceanview guarantee, and that's what you got.

You were told you could upgrade before sail, and you can. Unfortunately you are saying you can't afford to upgrade to what's left.

You should only book a guarantee cabin if you will be happy sailing IN THAT CATEGORY. You are NEVER guaranteed anything more than the category you booked.

Just go and enjoy your cruise. Seriously.

Hi Crslover,

I've just checked Celebrity's website, and there are only 2 Celebrity Suites available - which I'm certain are significantly higher in price, than what an Oceanview GTY would sell for.

Why are you so concerned ? Is it the lack of a veranda ? Is it the cabin size ? The cabin size difference of your cabin versus a veranda, is 19 square feet, plus the veranda. I've been in both types of cabins, and the difference is minimal. I've also stayed in Deck 3 oceanview cabins on Eclipse many times, and find the cabins to be very comfortable, and, in a very good location too. Frankly, I'd be ok with your cabin in a heartbeat !

Please let us know your concerns. I'd be happy to try and walk you through it. If you require additional assistance, I'm here to help. Please feel free to email me, by clicking on the link below. Hope to hear from you, and enjoy your cruise !

Edited by Host Andy

I am sorry. We are willing to pay for any upgrade. Right now the only available is the celebrity suite. Probably above our pay grade. Maybe someone can give me some insight on this level?

A Celebrity Suite is going to cost A LOT more than an oceanview, particularly if that's the only thing left. Relax. Breathe. You'll be fine in an oceanview. Get out and about and enjoy the rest of the ship. It's all about sailing with Perry, right?

... there's an inside, cabin 8169, available right this minute for a cabin total price of $3438.40.

That alone will probably help you feel better now, crslover.

The last outside cabin we chose was on deck two and we ended up loving it, although it was on the Connie, not an S class.

Be sure to come back and report to us on how it was.

You are a last minute Booker over Spring break so - you pays your money and you takes your choice and if you want better you're going to have to pay more

Sorry but I'm still not clear what is so awful about the room you have been allocated? For many, to be able to cruise at all that is the room they have and they are very very happy to be onboard at all

Keep checking availability every day. Maybe someone on a balcony upgrades to the suite and you can grab their room. Try to search for websites that alert you about room categories available on your cruise. You will receive an email every time there is a change in the category you want. Hope this helps & happy cruising!!

I believe he is back on board this month.

We're getting off topic here, but to answer the question, Perry returned to Eclipse from vacation yesterday (Feb 16th).