"Chair Hogs"? Just Find a White Uniform :)

monicakm

For the first few cruises i thought the items left on chairs were actually gifts from the cruiselines. I had quite a collection of goodies before i realized those abandoned items were actually chair hog leavin's. I kinda knew something was off when one time i scored an ipad and wallet under a towel. Oh well, a gifts a gift.

For the first few cruises i thought the items left on chairs were actually gifts from the cruiselines. I had quite a collection of goodies before i realized those abandoned items were actually chair hog leavin's. I kinda knew something was off when one time i scored an ipad and wallet under a towel. Oh well, a gifts a gift.

Love your rationale.....:):):)

Bob

I geuss in my getting older years I don't worry about things as much anymore, I would never take someone's chair. But if I saw just a towel sitting there for a time I would move the towel and use the chair and just not worry if the person came back. If they did apologize and inform them there was no drink or book or anything thought it was empty.:)

I geuss in my getting older years I don't worry about things as much anymore, I would never take someone's chair. But if I saw just a towel sitting there for a time I would move the towel and use the chair and just not worry if the person came back. If they did apologize and inform them there was no drink or book or anything thought it was empty.:)

I totally agree with you!! How about the people that just get up and leave and don't take there towels. So now you don't know if the chair is occupied or not.

Some people are just inconsiderate and just don't care. :eek:

Tony

I totally agree with you!! How about the people that just get up and leave and don't take there towels. So now you don't know if the chair is occupied or not.

Some people are just inconsiderate and just don't care. :eek:

Tony

I'm usually a resort pool person (vacation wise). We do cruises as a family because it's a good way to get us all doing the same thing together. I have not been one to hang out at the pool during a cruise. Perhaps, the lingering towels are a reason. Plus, I hate waking up to save a spot (by sleeping in my lounger instead of my room) lol

I agree, people who leave towels indefinitely are rude. Plus, it stresses me out when people who have left their towels, and return hours later to make a fuss over people who "took their spot". Just not the uncomfortable feeling I want during vacation.

I do not take their stuff as that is stealing although stealing from chair hogs may actually be socially acceptable. I just move their stuff to a different location on the ship - different deck and different side of the ship. Another solution is to take their stuff to lost and found and tell them that you found the stuff abandoned on a lounge.

DON