Not adios San Diego after after all.

Ineke

and where did you find that information? and what cruises are you seeing?

Hi Melodie😄😄

Is had this on the other thread #25.

I hope that the Mariners Society was truthful. I called reservations yesterday and they said as far as they were concerned, they had no knowledge of any changes. I decided to call Mariners. This is what they told me. My husband said only top management knows for sure, and with all the changes he would not be surprised that HAL leaves. I have my fingers crossed.

Just got off the phone with Mariners. We live in San Diego and and love cruising out of here. Explained comments from CC to them and said they know for a fact that San Diego is their major hub to HAL and they are using San Diego port. They put me on hold to do research and to find out if for a fact HAL was going to be dropping San Diego. Well guess what the Mariner Society got back on and said to me that no they are still not finished with 2016 and that it upper management said we are not even finished with our 2016 schedule. Also said that inca empire cruises, 10 day Mexican Riviera cruises, South Pacific, and Asia, and New Zealand, Sydney cruises will all go out of both Vancover and San Diego.

Sailing on B2B Western/Eastern Carribean Cruise on Nieuw Amsterdam 3/15/2015

Becoming 4 STAR MARINER

Deeniencinitas

Hi Melodie😄😄

Is had this on the other thread #25.

I hope that the Mariners Society was truthful. I called reservations yesterday and they said as far as they were concerned, they had no knowledge of any changes. I decided to call Mariners. This is what they told me. My husband said only top management knows for sure, and with all the changes he would not be surprised that HAL leaves. I have my fingers crossed.

Just got off the phone with Mariners. We live in San Diego and and love cruising out of here. Explained comments from CC to them and said they know for a fact that San Diego is their major hub to HAL and they are using San Diego port. They put me on hold to do research and to find out if for a fact HAL was going to be dropping San Diego. Well guess what the Mariner Society got back on and said to me that no they are still not finished with 2016 and that it upper management said we are not even finished with our 2016 schedule. Also said that inca empire cruises, 10 day Mexican Riviera cruises, South Pacific, and Asia, and New Zealand, Sydney cruises will all go out of both Vancover and San Diego.

Sailing on B2B Western/Eastern Carribean Cruise on Nieuw Amsterdam 3/15/2015

Becoming 4 STAR MARINER

Deeniencinitas

I'm not doubting your words, but will wait until there is some corrections to the cruise planner for 2016, which is listing no spring Mexico cruises. It will be interesting what ship they might be using as the Veendam is going to Tampa to replace the Ryndam who goes to P&O this fall. Did they happen to mention which ship and when these cruise will be?

I'm not doubting your words, but will wait until there is some corrections to the cruise planner for 2016, which is listing no spring Mexico cruises. It will be interesting what ship they might be using as the Veendam is going to Tampa to replace the Ryndam who goes to P&O this fall. Did they happen to mention which ship and when these cruise will be?

You know when I asked the question in regards to what ship or ships will take the place on the west coast for Mexico,Panama, etc they told me that since the rest of the 2016 calendar for the remaining season is not complete yet that it is a wait and see, hope to know soon. Well we will see. We so want to do the 30 day round trip Inca Empires.

You know when I asked the question in regards to what ship or ships will take the place on the west coast for Mexico,Panama, etc they told me that since the rest of the 2016 calendar for the remaining season is not complete yet that it is a wait and see, hope to know soon. Well we will see. We so want to do the 30 day round trip Inca Empires.

We did that cruise several years ago and loved it. We did it on the Statendam and it was one of the best cruise we have ever done. According to the planner they do have one Incan Empire cruise in the fall of 2016 on the Amsterdam. I personally just want to do a stand alone Mexico cruise in 2016.

• 1 month later...

Another vote for continued San Diego departures. SD is much closer to us than San Pedro, and a nicer port.

We often sail Princess out of San Pedro as their coastal cruises appeal to us. We would much prefer sailing HAL if they offered an occasional 7 night SD roundtrip California coastal like Princess does out of L.A. Perhaps HAL could try one out in place of one of their Mexican Riviera cruises that many of us have taken many times?

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78

There have been significant improvements to the Embarcadero in San Diego. Here is a link:

http://www.sandiegostreets.com/2014/07/25/north-embarcadero-visionary-plan-improvements/

Much of the work has been completed and the baricades are mostly gone. There is also a new park/playground across the street by the county administration building. There is some new construction across the street, but it has little or no impact on the cruise passengers.

igraf

San Diego

Edited by igraf

Another vote for continued San Diego departures. SD is much closer to us than San Pedro, and a nicer port.

We often sail Princess out of San Pedro as their coastal cruises appeal to us. We would much prefer sailing HAL if they offered an occasional 7 night SD roundtrip California coastal like Princess does out of L.A. Perhaps HAL could try one out in place of one of their Mexican Riviera cruises that many of us have taken many times?

Yet another vote for continued San Diego departures. So much better for us than any other departure port.:)

Love your idea of a 7 day California coastal leaving from San Diego, especially if one could be combined with a 15 to 18 day Hawaii cruise. ;)

Edited by lazey1

Was just in my old home town last week...we drove by the new port and there was a big Princess..I think..ship there...San Diego is one of my favorite ports to sail out of and would love more choices even though it means a cross country flight for us:):):)

Being loacted in the center of the country, its about the same distance to San Diego as FLL. However, it is so much easier to deal with the airport at SD that I would much rather depart from there. There are several close by (walking distance) hotels near the SD port as well, so that is another plus.

Hope they keep SD going.

I can't imagine anywhere I'd rather spend a few pre or post cruise nights than San Diego.

Unless it's Vancouver :)

Shrimp56! You're welcome to come to Vancouver anytime, cruise or not!!

Princess has quite an array of Pacific Coastals. Quite impressive! We know people who are doing multiple ones. The business must be there for Princess for this area.

If only HAL did these, we would be booking a lot more often! San Diego, SF, Vancouver all work for us. We are looking at the future and see Princess, not HAL. What a bummer!