Port of Tampa fog this morning....

manders175

575f90690c59bde449a6699b790d1538.jpg

Here was one of the panoramic photos I took of the other ships out on the horizon as we started moving. It was nice to see all those we have heard for the last 30 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have the pilot onboard and we are making a slow approach to the bridge. Estimating 2-3 hours to dock.

Keep rowing.......T2B2........keep rowing!!!!! :D

And thanks again for keeping us informed!!!LL

Delay - Brilliance of the Seas

February 24, 2015

2:30 p.m. E.S.T

Due to foggy conditions that have delayed Brilliance of the Seas' previous cruise – and are forecast to continue for the next few days -- we have made a decision to cancel the February 23 sailing.

We understand that this was not what our guests were expecting, and not what we said last night, and we share in their disappointment.

Royal Caribbean International will provide each guest with a full refund of the cruise fare paid. Cruise fare refunds will automatically be processed back to original form of payment. Please allow four to six weeks for all transactions to be processed.

Royal Caribbean would also like to provide these guests with the opportunity to sail with us again. We will be providing each guest with a future cruise certificate for 25% of the cruise fare paid for their February 23, 2015, Brilliance of the Seas sailing. This certificate may be used for a future cruise on any Royal Caribbean ship within the next year. Future cruise certificates will be mailed to your home address or travel agent within six to eight weeks.

Again, we thank our guests for their ongoing patience and understanding throughout this unfortunate situation.

Keep rowing.......T2B2........keep rowing!!!!! :D

And thanks again for keeping us informed!!!LL

Good luck GTO-Girl! Let us know what happens.

I hope to see all of you on Saturday with smiles on your faces!!!

ETA: Ugh. Scratch that. Just saw the post above me. I'm so sorry!!!

Edited by bluegirlum

Diane, are you able to watch the webcam?? Here is the site.

http://porttampawebcam.com/

If you go to the map at the bottom of the screen, and zoom out. The blue arrow is the Brilliance

To anyone watching this radar view. If you click on the blue arrow for the boat you get a popup window. Bottom right of that window is a link SHOW VESSEL TRACK. Adds a pretty line to the map :)

To anyone watching this radar view. If you click on the blue arrow for the boat you get a popup window. Bottom right of that window is a link SHOW VESSEL TRACK. Adds a pretty line to the map :)

If any can't see that map. I'll do a few updates. The ship is passing Fort De Soto park and approaching the bridge now

February 24, 2015

Due to foggy conditions that have delayed Brilliance of the Seas' previous cruise – and are forecast to continue for the next few days -- we have made a decision to cancel the February 23 sailing.

We understand that this was not what our guests were expecting, and not what we said last night, and we share in their disappointment.

Royal Caribbean International will provide each guest with a full refund of the cruise fare paid. Cruise fare refunds will automatically be processed back to original form of payment. Please allow four to six weeks for all transactions to be processed.

Royal Caribbean would also like to provide these guests with the opportunity to sail with us again. We will be providing each guest with a future cruise certificate for 25% of the cruise fare paid for their February 23, 2015, Brilliance of the Seas sailing. This certificate may be used for a future cruise on any Royal Caribbean ship within the next year. Future cruise certificates will be mailed to your home address or travel agent within six to eight weeks.

Again, we thank our guests for their ongoing patience and understanding throughout this unfortunate situation.

WOW, very nice considering mother nature was at fault. I do feel for those who have waited patiently in port as well as the ones "stuck" on the ship. Safe travels for all heading home, the folks on the ship as well as the ones that were waiting in port.

I am so sorry for those who trip was just cancelled. We really wanted you to get out and still have some chance of vacation. Most of us getting off will be stuck in Tampa as we will be too late for flights. Maybe we can have one big block party to commiserate together on what shouldn't have been.

February 24, 2015

I know weather is so unpredictable and this is a case where you can't fix broken, but it's possible some families are going to experience a big hit if they flew in for the cruise. Unless I'm missing something, their airfare is going to be a loss. It's not like the airlines are going to let a family rebook their flights free of charge. In fact, they've already flown half their trip. Now it will cost extra to return early. And then another fare to get back to Tampa for their discounted cruise. I have a question... if you purchase insurance through RCCL, does it cover any of the extra costs incurred or must you have purchased a special policy through the airline?

I'm so sorry for all those who were waiting to board who will be going home today. :(

February 24, 2015

That's not the ending I was hoping to see. So sorry to all of you who missed your cruise. :(:(:(:(

I have a question... if you purchase insurance through RCCL, does it cover any of the extra costs incurred or must you have purchased a special policy through the airline?

Royal Caribbean recently changed their CruiseCare coverage so that it does not cover independently purchased air travel.

Travel insurance from a third-party would be a better option to include the air portion of the trip as well as the cruise itself.

I cancelling my cruise out of Tampa for 2016. That may sound crazy to some of you but IMHO, there are too many other options to risk wasting a vacation. Ill pick a port that doesnt have these issues. Could something else come up elsewhere? Of course but Im gonna take that chance. While a nice gesture that they didnt have to do, a Future Cruise Credit that has to be used within a year is worthless to most people. :(

So sorry for those that were looking forward to their cruise. :(

Edited by ryano