Warning…recheck your on line registrations

edgee

Several of us on our upcoming cruise roll call are noticing that upon rechecking the registrations we have completed, the new Oceania website has changed the months of our birthdays and passport expiration…moved it up a month. I phoned Oceania and the agent said that he had never heard of this problem, but would "let folks know." Suggest that everyone recheck and be sure that Oceania computers have not aged you by a month:rolleyes:

I just mentioned on another thread that I had discovered the same problem.

But also that my second passenger's info is also gone and I cannot access it. Does anyone else have that problem? I don't care to set up a separate account for DH when I should be able to have all the same info in one place, as we used to.

Mura

Mura, you are a more experienced Oceania cruiser, so you may have a better feel for how to deal with customer service, but I would certainly call Oceania directly to get your problem fixed, preferably during the day when more senior people may be around. Dates are easy to fix and save, but the system dropping a passenger's registration is a lot bigger deal. Some may think that working with your TA to solve this is a better route.

Thanks for the suggestion ... I'm inclined to give Mike a little time to consider this problem since I don't think I'm the only one who has encountered this (based on previous posts on the thread). I can certainly get my TA involved if necessary.

Mura

I just mentioned on another thread that I had discovered the same problem.

But also that my second passenger's info is also gone and I cannot access it. Does anyone else have that problem? I don't care to set up a separate account for DH when I should be able to have all the same info in one place, as we used to.

Mura

When I looked at my booked cruise the the Guest Registration DH name was on a tab right next to mine at the top of the form

Thank you for the "heads up". Indeed, all months (both for birthdays and passports) were off by 1 month.

I wonder what would happen if I showed up to board with this discrepancy?

Hopefully they have back up files with the correct info

I now have no previous cruises listed :eek:

Lyn

Thank you for the "heads up". Indeed, all months (both for birthdays and passports) were off by 1 month.

I wonder what would happen if I showed up to board with this discrepancy?

I'm not seeing any place to enter passport information. We're still beyond the point when we need to make our final payments. Is that the reason we're not being asked to include passport numbers.

Related question: Does Oceania want/use GOES numbers, too?

I'm not seeing any place to enter passport information. We're still beyond the point when we need to make our final payments. Is that the reason we're not being asked to include passport numbers.

Related question: Does Oceania want/use GOES numbers, too?

Not Paul

but when you look under BOOKED CRUISES on the right side there is GUEST REGISTRATION

that is where you can enter your passport & other info

Not Paul

but when you look under BOOKED CRUISES on the right side there is GUEST REGISTRATION

That ........and all info was correct except the months (i.e. Feb instead of March). The days, years and passport numbers were OK.

Sorry this is so long and rambling but I don't like what I've been reading.

O published their new website but with all the posts of problems in different areas I wonder about the vetting it for usefulness in design and action is on them. But that they are having so much trouble with client information is disconcerting.

That we must supply our passport number to register a cruise is not a choice. But that is at least somewhat protected with being blocked out, at least used to be. I assume that it is kept on a separate server and so the obfuscation is just part of the security.

But reading of the problems with birthdates really hit home. I am concerned about the security of this. I rarely give out my birth date unless there is a legal requirement such as for security. For that I understand. The issue with a simple birth date is that with it, and not too much more an identity can be created.

Yup, I also won't enter a contest that requires a BD ( but will if just age or month and year is wanted).

Paranoid, perhaps. I have three times had a credit card cancelled and replaced as the info was stolen through no activity of mine. Once apparently through an attack on a global transaction processor, once from a merchant and once discovered in a bust where they also found stacks of credit card info waiting to be used. None had yet been used and I knew of none of these until reported to me by my CC providers (thanks for a job well done). I have also been supplied credit monitoring due to an attack on a large merchant and an offer from the attack on another. Now that all our credit cards are chip & pin I feel better protected.

So I feel justified with my concern of how my personal information is protected by others. I know I take care with my info but have no control over others other than to not give it to them, if the impression is that it is not as well protected as I would do for myself.

Just now logged in to check it out.

No past cruises but the page requires my full birth date.

Why? It seems to me that it should be in the same secure place my passport number is saved and not general profile info. From what I have been reading here on CC it sounds like they are using the BD as part of the unique key to recall related records from their database. Convenient, yes.

I'll leave it as it is. Probably will not get a birthday greeting from O but happier. Won't be able manage a booking on-line so have to go old fashioned until my faith is restored.

Edited by YoHoHo

Not Paul

Thanks. I've figured out my problem. When I enter the My Account page, the OVERVIEW page shows, listing our upcoming cruise. That's our only upcoming cruise and I'm still too far out to make any restaurant reservations so I had no reason to go to the page titled BOOKED CRUISES . Once I did that, I found the GUEST REGISTRATION link.

Seeing my booked cruise information on two different pages, but with slightly different links in each of those places caused my problems. I wonder how many other web site users have gotten stuck because of this partial duplication. Perhaps, this organization is necessary or appropriate for cruisers who have many future cruises booked simultaneously.

And now for the real reason for my post: My husband asked if I knew what the new web site design lets cruisers do that the old one did not. I didn't have the answer. Perhaps someone does. Thoughts?

Edited by Pet Nit Noy

I updated the other thread a few minutes ago. The problem causing the date issue was resolve a few days ago, and we are currently doing an audit of all impacted bookings and updating them. But if you update the date yourself now, it will retain the correct information. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

YoHoHo - in order to access your past cruises, we do now require that the first name, last name, and date of birth in your online profile match what we have in our system. This is an added layer of security and has already proven useful to a number of people in helping us identify some missing/incorrect data. I myself have been a victim of credit fraud, so certainly understand your concerns.

Just to answer one of the questions

I seem to recall the old Guest Registration form having all the same requirements

I also think that when your passport was close to expiring ( like under 6 mths ) they would alert you to fill in a new passport number

Now with age this may be wrong but I usually have a good memory ;)

I am sure they have a back up of our information someplace ...maybe Mike can answer this

Lyn

Glad I am away and haven't had time to work with the new site. Hoping by the time I get home the problems will be fixed and my upcoming cruise info, my profile, etc will all be good and i will have been having a great time while it gets fixed! :D Somewhere in the Pacific

I updated the other thread a few minutes ago. The problem causing the date issue was resolve a few days ago, and we are currently doing an audit of all impacted bookings and updating them. But if you update the date yourself now, it will retain the correct information. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you so much for the information, Mike. Glad to know that steps are in place to resolve the issue. I love Oceania and am so looking forward to our upcoming (and first) transatlantic with your company.

However, from a customer service perspective it would have been helpful if your team that interfaces with customers by phone were made aware of this and similar issues so they can address inquiries from concerned passengers. Much better than responding to customers with "I've never heard of such a problem" in a tone of voice which implied that I am some sort of techno-challenged old man. I am not young and I am sometimes techno-challenged, but in this case Oceania is the techno-challenged party.

Edited by edgee
clarity

Followup: Mike, despite assurances that once someone fixes the month problem in registration on their own it will stay fixed, I have found that things are getting messed up even more. My actual birthday is in October. Our passports expire in May. Yesterday when i went into my registration your website had moved birthday month back to September and the passport month had been moved back to April. I then corrected those months.

When I went into the website this evening, I found that the months had been moved ahead to November and June. So apparently the system is not respecting changes made by individuals and you are moving everybody ahead by a month regardless of whether the correction is still needed. I have re-corrected the information. Would appreciate it if you could followup on this thread with an update and any further instructions.

Thanks.

YoHoHo - in order to access your past cruises, we do now require that the first name, last name, and date of birth in your online profile match what we have in our system. This is an added layer of security and has already proven useful to a number of people in helping us identify some missing/incorrect data. I myself have been a victim of credit fraud, so certainly understand your concerns.

Thanks Mike. Would have been more private, and yet unique with an account number or our existing 'Club #' but no matter. As long as O still has the history of our cruises I'm good; no need for me to review them there. If for future cruises if it prevents me from say, making restaurant bookings or buying excursions I'll just phone in. Not a problem as there are alternatives.

Edited by YoHoHo

THANK you to those of you who posted here - which led me to check the Guest Reg. info in my account. Mike Moore had previously said that there was a problem with our birthdates on another thread and that had been corrected but this morning when I checked the passport issue and expiry dates they were off by one day.

I would not have wanted to get to the ship and have some "eager beaver" tell me that my info was not accurate! So I am VERY grateful to all of you who have posted and to Mike and his team for the very hard job they are doing to get it all right.

Yes, we have a record of changes - so we'll be reverting those changes over the next couple of days.

I hope that's true. We've been able to re-enter the proper passport dates for Joe; but when we enter the proper dates for Joan, we get a message that "passport date of issue is invalid". Thus, the guest registration form shows issue and expiration dates one month later than the correct dates.

Edited by Joanandjoe

The site now shows the correct dates for our passports.

Birthdates are off by a month. I went to correct my husband's, and when I tried to save the correct date it told me his passport dates were wrong...

In the meantime, our cruise documents arrived yesterday for the next trip, and everything is correct there.

So I am going to wait and see if Mike says things are changed again, just not gonna sweat it too much.

Donna