Kids sail for $50.00 promo is here

socialsea

another fake from royal...i tried to do a mock booking for my coming cruises april and may..on both of these cruises kid was 399!!!!so the magic word from the ad is from 50!!!maybe there is a sailing or two with this offer!!!lets go back to ncl now for a real ksf offer

Just got an e-mail from RCCL stating that kids can sail for $50.00pp. I did a mock booking but no where did it show the 3rd & 4th was $50.00. Am I doing something wrong??

I see this on their website calling it a 2 day Warm Up sale. Farther up the page it says kids sail for as little as $50 per day. Looks like it's only for certain cruises in March, April & May.

feb2015_warmup_bogoho.png

Edited by nacdcruiser

Yeah, I see three weasel moves here:

- "as little as $50" . . . well, it could be $500/day -- that's "as little as $50"

- and "per day" . . . even if you get the coveted $50, that's still $350 for a whole week

- on top of this they'll still add taxes and port fees

The reality: Ain't nobody of no age sailing for a flat-out $50.

Look into it, but remember that these advertising people are masters of deceit, duck and cover, shadow and shade. They'll get you excited about bringing your two kids for only $100 . . . then once you run up against the reality of their prices, you're already sold and WANT the trip.

Yeah, I see three weasel moves here:

- "as little as $50" . . . well, it could be $500/day -- that's "as little as $50"

- and "per day" . . . even if you get the coveted $50, that's still $350 for a whole week

- on top of this they'll still add taxes and port fees

The reality: Ain't nobody of no age sailing for a flat-out $50.

Look into it, but remember that these advertising people are masters of deceit, duck and cover, shadow and shade. They'll get you excited about bringing your two kids for only $100 . . . then once you run up against the reality of their prices, you're already sold and WANT the trip.

I'm not sure what's weasely about the offer. It clearly states its $50 per day. If one thinks that means $50 total, I don't see how that's RCIs fault.

If I recall, last year around April or May they ran a sale 3rd & 4th sail free. That was one of the real sale. This, I believe, was followed by the 2nd passenger half-off and I booked a Feb. 16 Oasis cruise for less than 800 per for a Central Park balcony.

"FOR AS LOW AS $50 PER DAY" .... Pretty straight forward to me. I doubt you will find that price for anything but a inside cabin, on selected itineraries. No different than "sail for a week in the Caribbean FROM $399" we often see on cruise sites. (that is also in an inside cabin, for selected sailing(s))

The BOGOHO is a bigger problem for me. RCCL raises the price (sometimes double) then gives the second person half off.

I long for the days of regular pricing.

M

I did not see any deception here.

It clearly states that the offer is $50 per day.

And if you book a 7 day cruise that would be $350.

And when you add in all the taxes and fees it would be more.

It's just another way that RCI tries to sell their cruises.

Later

Just got an e-mail from RCCL stating that kids can sail for $50.00pp. I did a mock booking but no where did it show the 3rd & 4th was $50.00. Am I doing something wrong??

$50 a day is NOT the same as $50 a cruise. Some people seem to be seeing what they want to see instead of what is actually being offered. The offer in question is no different from the ads by other lines that say "sail for as little as $100 a day) Do the math and you will see that the $50 a day offer ends up costing at least $350 for a seven night cruise.

Has anyone found a 50.00 a day 3/4 passenger rate? I do not think there are any. Southwest was fined for doing the same thing...

http://www.wsj.com/articles/southwest-air-fined-for-deceptive-advertising-1401381481

Independence of the Seas 5/10/15 (It's actually ~35/pp/day for 3/4 before tax on an interior).

Freedom of the Seas 5/03/15 (Again, around $35/pp/day for the 3/4).

It goes on and on. Just calm down and look. Nothing untoward going on here

If you tend to get that excited about advertising, it truly behooves you to read the WHOLE thing well before getting emotionally attached to it.

Seriously, first page when you go to the site, in decent-size lettering, "/day". Nothing weasely or deceitful or your other words about it. States it right up front.

Some people are cynical about advertising, and they read it all before getting excited. Others get excited and only skim. The latter must become the former.

We are booked on Serenade of the seas for 11 day Balitics cruise.

This morning my son's (3rd guest/child) rate dropped to $330 plus $201 taxes = $531 !!!!!

I am still in shock! But yes the sale does exist :p

Jasmine

Edited by Jazzzy

Kids sail for as little as $50 a day. If you have more than ONE kid. I only have one so these sales are never worth squat to me.

"KID" refers to any person after the 2nd as it always does with these promotions. So your ONE kid would qualify. As stated a few posts ago by another they gave an example of a Triple occupancy room in which their relative obtained the 3rd person sale rate on an 11 night cruise.

Edited by zeridan

We are booked on Serenade of the seas for 11 day Balitics cruise.

This morning my son's (3rd guest/child) rate dropped to $330 plus $201 taxes = $531 !!!!!

I am still in shock! But yes the sale does exist :p

Jasmine

Just make sure of what it does to the 1st and 2nd person fares, the total cabin fare may not be any different than it was before. 3/4+pax pricing is not independent of the 1/2pax pricing for a cabin.

Hopefully for your situation yes you are saving overall.

The average American is exposed to well over 2500 advertisements per day (admittedly, not all of them are in print), but no one reads them all carefully. The idea is to grab people's attention QUICKLY and give them the idea that something is CHEAP.