Confirming Your OBC

keesar

There are definite discrepancies between what the client sees in My Celebrity and what Celebrity sees on their computer system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

There are also discrepancies between what Miami sees and what Guest Relations sees on board!

I am so sick of Celebrity and their incorrect information. My last cruise spent more time at guest relations getting incorrect billing straightened out that I thought I would have everything in place before I left this time. Printed my invoice showing 123 promotion, paid to upgrade drink package, my OBC and my gratiuities. My last invoice looks good. Express pass shows nothing. eDocs show everything but onboard credit. Will have to call again to make sure everything is right. Once you are onboard check you account balance daily via the TV screen, even with drink package they charged for drinks by mistake. Took 3 days for one charge to be removed.

Express pass shows nothing. eDocs show everything but onboard credit.

I've asked this before, but never received an answer. When people mention eDocs, what/where are they? I know what the Express Pass is, but I have never had eDocs to take along. I have my Invoice showing all is paid, however. Is that the same thing?

This happened to me this week too! Paid in full but website shows that I owe gratuities. I called Celebrity and they said on their end it shows as paid and not to worry.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

Same happened to us in August 2014....I also called and was told the same. Happy to report all was fine when we pulled up our in-cabin TV statement. (I believe everything showed up on day two) :)

I've asked this before, but never received an answer. When people mention eDocs, what/where are they? I know what the Express Pass is, but I have never had eDocs to take along. I have my Invoice showing all is paid, however. Is that the same thing?

Xpass is basically your boarding pass, the edocs are a booklet with info on your cruise including your reservation summary etc. The xpass and your passport along with your license are what you need to board. :)

You should receive multiple Confirmation Invoices: when you book, whenever a change is made to your reservation [by you or Celebrity] and when you have made your final payment.

Your Xpress pass is, as another poster said, your boarding document. You need that. You can print this off as sound as you have entered all you information online.

Sometime after 45 days pre-cruise, you should receive an email saying that you eDocs are available. You may then download them from My Celebrity. You will only need to print parts of the eDocs if you have booked hotels and/or transfers through Celebrity. Your eDocs will also contain emergency contact numbers for day of travel.

Once your eDocs are available, there will also be a button on My Celebrity for ordering your luggage tags.

All the above applies if you booked direct with Celebrity. If you booked through a Travel Agent, it is they who may receive your Confirmation Invoices and the email to say that your eDocs are ready. Contact them if you are not receiving everything you should. However, there is nothing to stop you logging onto MyCelebrity even if you have used a TA.

jUST FILE A DISPUTE WITH YOUR CC COMPANY AND LET THEM DEAL WITH IT

We just booked for an April sailing & are paid in full.

Our e-docs state that we have the free gratuities, OBC, & free beverage package.

However, after reading this thread we took a look online to verify that everything still matches our e-docs.

Well, the online info does not reflect the free gratuities we're supposed to receive.

So, yes, we will be sure to bring documentation along.

On a side note, I hope this is not a new trend in the travel industry.

For example: We recently booked a rental car online for a very reasonable price. Read the fine print, and nothing was mentioned about a drop fee at another location.

When the car was dropped off, there was a $200 fee added on.

My husband asked the rental agent about it & she wanted nothing to do with it.

So, he contacted the Customer No Service Dept & was told they would look into it.

It's been a couple weeks now, & no refund has appeared on the cc. So were still working on that one.

We wonder if the attitude is: Put up enough roadblocks & eventually the customer will give in.

Xpass is basically your boarding pass, the edocs are a booklet with info on your cruise including your reservation summary etc. The xpass and your passport along with your license are what you need to board. :)

You should receive multiple Confirmation Invoices: when you book, whenever a change is made to your reservation [by you or Celebrity] and when you have made your final payment.

Your Xpress pass is, as another poster said, your boarding document. You need that. You can print this off as sound as you have entered all you information online.

Sometime after 45 days pre-cruise, you should receive an email saying that you eDocs are available. You may then download them from My Celebrity. You will only need to print parts of the eDocs if you have booked hotels and/or transfers through Celebrity. Your eDocs will also contain emergency contact numbers for day of travel.

Once your eDocs are available, there will also be a button on My Celebrity for ordering your luggage tags.

All the above applies if you booked direct with Celebrity. If you booked through a Travel Agent, it is they who may receive your Confirmation Invoices and the email to say that your eDocs are ready. Contact them if you are not receiving everything you should. However, there is nothing to stop you logging onto MyCelebrity even if you have used a TA.

Thank you for the explanation on what eDocs are. In 30 some odd cruises, once the hard docs became obsolete, I have never seen another document other than the Xpress Pass and the Invoices that I receive by email.

I do receive emails that say your docs are ready, but all I have ever done is do the online check-in and printed out the Xpress Pass. I also order the luggage tags. Usually, by the time that email comes, I have already done the online check-in and ordered the tags.

I have never paid attention to seeing if anything else was attached to the Xpress Pass. I need to go print out an Xpress Pass for an upcoming cruise. I've already checked-in online, but since I have a GTY Stateroom, I wanted to make sure that nothing changes before the deadline (16th) to print it out. ;) This time, I will pay more attention to what the rest of the papers say. Seeing final payment details on the eDocs will be nice to reconfirm what my invoices say. Once final payment was made, I have not been able to see any payment details in MyCelebrity. :rolleyes:

Edited by Iamthesea

After my frustrating experience dealing with Guest Relations and Miami, I joined my new friends who were waiting for me in the Ensemble Lounge. They wanted to know where I had been. After explaining, one member commented that he thought he had more credit due but did not bring supporting information.

Why can't the original Booking be seamlessly transferred from the Miami Office to the computers on the ship? It should be easy to do so.

But the dividend this month was more than I paid for a share when I bought it!

That is way I look at it. I had bought the shares just to get the OBC. Now I am getting a dividend and have price appreciation. It has been a couple of years since I have received OBC.

I just received my official Booking Confirmation from Celebrity for our next cruise. Printing it out and will bring it along. It looks just fine but will it show up on the cruise as is???

It's interesting that this seems to be a pattern.

On our recent cruise our OBC magically changed from the $350 I expected to $300.

We booked the cruise on board . It was 14 days and we sail in Aqua so the OBC had always been $350 (it's $250 now - went down a couple of weeks ago). I had a print out that showed the $350 but they said we really shouldn't have gotten the drink package (which we also always had) so they gave us that and would only honor the $300. I was tired of arguing over $50 so gave up but it really disturbs me to think this might be a calculated patterned way of doing business. :(

Just off RELECTION on Saturday.

Never thought to verify my OBC, but I had the booking record with me from reserving on ship the prior year.

Never received a final bill, so went to GR to get one prior to disembarking.

Of course, no OBC.

Girl at the desk says "too late now, call from home to fix it".

Wait an hour on hold yesterday, very helpful person who finally answers cheerfully agrees to refund my card the $250.

Now just have to hope the credit shows up.......

I had copies of everything with me, even the final payment. Guest Relations on the Reflection said they needed a 'special code' to give me the OBC but it must go thru Miami. Then they said Miami was not opening for 10 minutes and it would be very busy and to come back later. I said I would wait. Eventually it was straightened out after two phone calls. The first agent gave me only $250 out of the $450 on my Confirmation because I got a good price. Then I later got the other $200 as 'an exception' was made. The 'best' solution from Guest Relations was "Call you travel agent". I had booked onboard a Celebrity ship!

There does certainly seem to be a troubling pattern here.

I would not go so far as to imply that Corporate has a policy to try to cheat people out of their OBC, but it appears that those working the GR Desks seem to have little interest or sympathy towards guests actually getting what they were promised when booking.:(

Interesting to see all the responses on here as this happens to us every time we sail with Celebrity. In fact it's become a bit of a joke now when, a couple of days into the cruise, my DH will say I'll just pop down to Guest Relations to have they deny any knowledge of our OBC :rolleyes:

Invariably they claim they know nothing about it, we show them our paperwork, they email Miami, OBC gets added a few days later. Frankly they should be embarrassed that this happens every time and we've often said we wonder how many extra dollars they make from people who don't realise and don't check. :(

Invariably they claim they know nothing about it, we show them our paperwork, they email Miami, OBC gets added a few days later. Frankly they should be embarrassed that this happens every time and we've often said we wonder how many extra dollars they make from people who don't realise and don't check. :(

I was thinking the same thing. When you go down to check in the first couple of days, you was told it takes time to post. Then you get into the activities of the cruise. Then when you go down later in the cruise, you must produce everything and even then, it can be a battle. I cannot see why they just cannot make the adjustment when they see your paperwork. Furthermore, I cannot figure out how it gets messed up in the first place. I would think they share the same computer system.

A similar situation happened to me on a TA. After a week of not having heard from Miami, I went to Guest Relations and they maintained that Miami hadn't even been contacted, as the Internet had been slow. A day later the situation was resolved and my OBC was re-instated, even though it was showing on my invoice.

We shouldn't be spending our vacation running back and fore to GRl

I agree.

We received a gift voucher for a free specialty dining restaurant for 2. I asked Guest Relations how we could handle the redemption. I was told to just go to the restaurant and they will see that one is listed and a credit will be applied. There will be a zero charge per the rep. Next day, I see a charge of $90 and no credit. Had to go down to Guest Relations to settle the charge. It was taken care of but...