Back to back cruise questions

We are going on our very first back to back. I read somewhere that we don't have to pack the things hanging in the closet because they will move them as they are. Can anyone confirm that?

Also, may seem like a silly question, but do we have to put luggage tags on, or will our room steward already know where they go?

We will be diamond for the second half, I hope all notifications of that go smoothly. TIA

So you are not staying in the same cabin, correct? The procedure will be explained to you once you board your ship by way of printed information and a meeting; it can be slightly different on each ship. If you are moving then you pack your suitcases with everything EXCEPT the items which are on hangers in your closet. The cabin steward will move your packed suitcases and put your hanging items on a rolling trolley and they will be re-hung in your new room.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy your cruises!!

We are going on our very first back to back. I read somewhere that we don't have to pack the things hanging in the closet because they will move them as they are. Can anyone confirm that?

Also, may seem like a silly question, but do we have to put luggage tags on, or will our room steward already know where they go?

We will be diamond for the second half, I hope all notifications of that go smoothly. TIA

It's a good idea to talk to both stateroom attendants to confirm their procedure for moving your belongings.

I see this question asked often and the answers are sometimes right, sometimes wrong.

Reason? It depends on the ports you have visited and the port where you change "cruises".

We have done this and worked hard to try to get the same cabin for both parts. In the end on one, we were just a few doors down. Talked to stewards and they got our new room done early. We moved ourselves. Another time they were going to move us, but in the end, it was easier to do it ourselves.

We just did our first b2b last week on freedom. that is what we did with our "stuff". We did talk to our first room steward and to our new steward for second week. We did print and put luggage tags on all the "bags" just for peace of mind. We could not go to our new room till 1pm like new cruisers. they had a special lunch for us in dining room, have heard they have to have25 or more to serve lunch.

We just did our first b2b last week on freedom. that is what we did with our "stuff". We did talk to our first room steward and to our new steward for second week. We did print and put luggage tags on all the "bags" just for peace of mind. We could not go to our new room till 1pm like new cruisers. they had a special lunch for us in dining room, have heard they have to have25 or more to serve lunch.

Now THIS is not true.

You can access your cabin before " 1 o'clock" just by opening the fire door and saying,"I'm a B2Ber". No problem. EVER.

Now THIS is not true.

You can access your cabin before " 1 o'clock" just by opening the fire door and saying,"I'm a B2Ber". No problem. EVER.

Don't want to contradict such an experienced cruiser as yourself, but on the Freedom I couldn't. The fire door was guarded and I said I was a B2Ber, but even then he said I had to wait until 1 o'clock.... He was't very nice about it either, maybe it was just a new guy..... No problem on the Mariner in 2010 though... :D

OP, i switched cabin on Freedom. My new cabin steward knew about it and cleaned my new cabin first. They told me (old and new) that my cabin was ready. Since they are so busy that they, I moved my stuff. Of course they wanted to help, but I told them I had packed up everything and I just needed to move my bag. They even thanked'me :)

Cindy

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Thank you so much for all your help. We will be on the Navigator for the 4/19 and 4/26 sailings. We added the second one too late to get the same stateroom...but we only have to move to the opposite side of the same deck...

both inside rooms..

merion....lol...I have to admit, I thought you were kidding about the fire door.

Don't want to contradict such an experienced cruiser as yourself, but on the Freedom I couldn't. The fire door was guarded and I said I was a B2Ber, but even then he said I had to wait until 1 o'clock.... He was't very nice about it either, maybe it was just a new guy..... No problem on the Mariner in 2010 though... :D

OP, i switched cabin on Freedom. My new cabin steward knew about it and cleaned my new cabin first. They told me (old and new) that my cabin was ready. Since they are so busy that they, I moved my stuff. Of course they wanted to help, but I told them I had packed up everything and I just needed to move my bag. They even thanked'me :)

Cindy

Ditto. Security has kept us out of our hall even on REAL b2b's. I forget which ship.

I see this question asked often and the answers are sometimes right, sometimes wrong.

Reason? It depends on the ports you have visited and the port where you change "cruises".

We have done this and worked hard to try to get the same cabin for both parts. In the end on one, we were just a few doors down. Talked to stewards and they got our new room done early. We moved ourselves. Another time they were going to move us, but in the end, it was easier to do it ourselves.

This is so true! We have done 7 B2Bs and I think they've all been handled differently. I've learned to wait & see what the plan is.:D

Sherri:)

We do b2b every January. When we book we tell the agent that we want the same room so that we don't have to move everything. If your room is taken ask to be put on a hold for that room in case that the cruisers in the room pull out But also I would keep looking at RCCL to see if it comes up. Just go in as if you are booking and put your room number in.As for moving to another room we have gone to breakfast and went back to the room Everything was already moved.

Cindy

Go ahead and contradict :D because we had the same experience on one of our B2Bs. We were "allowed" to sit our luggage in our new room before meeting with the other B2Bers. After that process, we tried to go to our room to unpack and were not allowed through the fire doors.

Sherri:)

We only do b2b cruises and have never not been allowed to return to our cabin prior to 1PM on turnaround day. No one has ever stopped us, we just open the fire doors and walk in. :D

I don't know why, but your grin made me grin. I think I can learn a thing or two.... or hundred from you :D

Cindy

We only do b2b cruises and have never not been allowed to return to our cabin prior to 1PM on turnaround day. No one has ever stopped us, we just open the fire doors and walk in. :D

We have been on several B2B's and we were always allowed to return to the room immediately after we came back from Customs. Our experiences are with having the same cabin and different cabins. Guest Services said it was OK and we talked to the existing cabin Attendant and the new Cabin Attendant before turn around day; we were welcomed with open arms. If the fire/watertight doors in the hall is closed, just open them. There will be trash in the hall from the previous cruisers being placed by the attendant.