Lawn Club lunch?

SeaCBear

We will be on the Silhouette TA next month (woohoo!) and I'm just wondering if the Lawn Club is ever open for lunch and if so, what the charge is?

We had dinner at the Lawn Club on the Reflection and we were very underwhelmed. It was our only disappointment on that ship. But if the price was right, we might give it another try!

Thanks everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Depends on the cruise. I have eaten lunch there on a Caribbean cruise

before and it was 25.00. I would guess they will probably offer it on yours since a TA crossing is at least 2 weeks, right?

We will be on the Silhouette TA next month (woohoo!) and I'm just wondering if the Lawn Club is ever open for lunch and if so, what the charge is?

We had dinner at the Lawn Club on the Reflection and we were very underwhelmed. It was our only disappointment on that ship. But if the price was right, we might give it another try!

We have had lunch at the Lawn Club and I believe it was $20 or $25. Same menu and as I recall, same amount of food, as dinner.

Why were you underwhelmed? Just curious as to what you expected and what you got that didn't jive. We've always found it to be very good, with great service.

Thanks everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sorry to hear about that disappointing dinner on Reflection. We were on the Silhouette westbound TA this past fall, and our dinner at the LCG was terrific (food and service), so I would urge you to give them a try on that ship. I don't recall lunch there being an option on our crossing, but I can't say I was looking out for it either.

We had a wonderful time on the Silhouette, and I hope you do as well.

Edited by Turtles06

I am really surprised that you were underwhelmed with LCG. Most of us rave about it and I wish it were on every ship. I have not been on Reflection but dined there on Silhouette and it was so good we went back again to find it just as good the second time. Have never been there for lunch but I believe it is $25.

Well, it was a lot of things.

Our server was pleasant, but seemed more interested in chatting and kidding around than actually getting our orders correct. The service was either quite slow, or too fast. Our server, for example, appeared at our table quickly after we arrived, and immediately wanted to take our food orders. We said we would like to order a drink first, while taking a look at the menu. So we ordered drinks, and they took forever to arrive.

We thought the food was just OK, but really quite plain. Our flatbreads were undercooked and bland. None of our steaks were cooked the way we had requested - I think all were overdone, if I recall correctly.

I will say the lobster mac & cheese was pretty good, and the chocolate chip cookie dessert was fantastic. In contrast we LOVED our dinner at the Tuscan Grille.

Except for the fact that you can eat a lot of meat, we just didn't think it offered good value for $45 each.

Perhaps we just hit an off night, so we might try it again for lunch.

We have had lunch at the Lawn Club and I believe it was $20 or $25. Same menu and as I recall, same amount of food, as dinner.

Why were you underwhelmed? Just curious as to what you expected and what you got that didn't jive. We've always found it to be very good, with great service.

Edited by SeaCBear

We just had lunch at the Lawn Club Grill on Reflection. Cost was $25 and it was NOT the same menu this time around. No shrimp, scallops or filet mignon on the menu. No baked cookie and ice cream either. I ordered the Red Snapper and it was not prepared well. Lamb was good. Not many patrons having lunch there.

Well, it was a lot of things.

Our server was pleasant, but seemed more interested in chatting and kidding around than actually getting our orders correct. The service was either quite slow, or too fast. Our server, for example, appeared at our table quickly after we arrived, and immediately wanted to take our food orders. We said we would like to order a drink first, while taking a look at the menu. So we ordered drinks, and they took forever to arrive.

We thought the food was just OK, but really quite plain. Our flatbreads were undercooked and bland. None of our steaks were cooked the way we had requested - I think all were overdone, if I recall correctly.

I will say the lobster mac & cheese was pretty good, and the chocolate chip cookie dessert was fantastic. In contrast we LOVED our dinner at the Tuscan Grille.

Except for the fact that you can eat a lot of meat, we just didn't think it offered good value for $45 each.

Perhaps we just hit an off night, so we might try it again for lunch.

Just an idea for you. When we were on Silhouette, they had a demo there one day. I think it was around lunch time. It was standing room only and the samples were HUGE. I saw people with whole lamb chops and others with several shrimp. They had the steaks too. I would keep my eye peeled for a demo like this and maybe you could get a second try without having to pay anything.;)

Thanks TeaBag - great idea! I'll look out for that. :)

If the lunch menu is a lot different than dinner, AND it doesn't include the Chocolate Chip cookie, I think we may pass.

Just an idea for you. When we were on Silhouette, they had a demo there one day. I think it was around lunch time. It was standing room only and the samples were HUGE. I saw people with whole lamb chops and others with several shrimp. They had the steaks too. I would keep my eye peeled for a demo like this and maybe you could get a second try without having to pay anything.;)

We just had lunch at the Lawn Club Grill on Reflection. Cost was $25 and it was NOT the same menu this time around. No shrimp, scallops or filet mignon on the menu. No baked cookie and ice cream either. I ordered the Red Snapper and it was not prepared well. Lamb was good. Not many patrons having lunch there.

I hope this is just a lunch thing. :eek:

When we were on Silhouette, they had a demo there one day.

Was this advertised in the Daily?

Edited by Iamthesea

Was this advertised in the Daily?

Yes, it was in the daily. I believe the title was "How to grill the perfect steak" and it was at 11AM. We got there at least 30 mins early and the front seats were already taken (guess those were the guys who got the whole lamb chops!:D) We did get a seat near the front. I kept some of the dailies and I see on one of them there was a flatbread demo as well. We did not attend that one.

I'll have to look out for that. :) Was it all inside the Lawn Club, or outside on the lawn? Unless the weather is bad, I may not attend. ;)

All inside the Lawn Club. It was the TA in Nov. However, there were so many people who showed up there were some outside near the door. I don't know how much they saw. Many people were standing inside, around the perimeter of the dining area.

Perhaps the function is not even offered during a regular 7 day Caribbean cruise. I'll look out for it, and make an effort to arrive early. :)

There were samples of foods from the various specialty restaurants on the second day during a recent Reflection cruise. Some items were prepared on site and there were plates of evening offerings for viewing. It took place around 11 am outside of the Tuscan Grill on Deck 5.

Thank you! Although 11:00 is a little early for me to be thinking lunch, if we have nothing else to do, we may try to attend. It certainly would give us a chance to sample the different offerings. We plan to eat at Lawn Club the first evening after sailaway. ;)

There were samples of foods from the various specialty restaurants on the second day during a recent Reflection cruise. Some items were prepared on site and there were plates of evening offerings for viewing. It took place around 11 am outside of the Tuscan Grill on Deck 5.

We had that on Silhouette also. The LCG was separate, held in the actual restaurant with no other specialty restaurants represented.