Running out of food provisions

kruisey

>Wound up having to order 2 cups of hot tea and a glass with ice and a lemon every time I wanted some ice tea. <

My very first cruise was on Cunards The Queen of Bermuda. After a pleasant night on the island, I returned to the ship in the mood for a ham sandwich and a glass of iced tea.

I put in the order to Room Service.

About an hour later, I called again. They were working on it.

It came about a 1/2 hr after that.

The next day I discovered that, the concept of "iced tea" being beyond the ken of nearly all British at that time, they had made up a pot of hot tea and allowed it to cool in the kitchen before adding ice to it.

Ira

On my first visit to London. I ordered iced tea at lunch and the waiter brought me a pot of hot tea, a glass and 2 ice cubes.

I waited a while for the tea to cool some, put the ice cubes in the glass and poured the tea over them. Since they immediately melted, I asked the waiter for more ice. He came with an ice cube tray and gave me one more cube. I loved the whole experience. Made me feel like I really had left home.

On my first visit to London. I ordered iced tea at lunch and the waiter brought me a pot of hot tea, a glass and 2 ice cubes.

I waited a while for the tea to cool some, put the ice cubes in the glass and poured the tea over them. Since they immediately melted, I asked the waiter for more ice. He came with an ice cube tray and gave me one more cube. I loved the whole experience. Made me feel like I really had left home.

The English, god love 'em, just don't "get" ice. I blame my American upbringing warring with my English ancestry for my ice obsession -- I have a huge bowl of cubes in my freezer at all times, plus two completely filled ice trays in reserve.

That said, given how unpalatably strong Princess's iced tea mix is, having to make one's own with brewed tea is actually a bonus. I keep intending to do so, then when I actually am standing there in the buffet, I find myself too lazy to follow through.

The English, god love 'em, just don't "get" ice.

When we (as Americans) would eat in a mainland Europe restaurant, the waitstaff often thought we were British until we asked for one of two things.

o Water

o Ketchup

Then they would say "Oh, you are from America."

When we (as Americans) would eat in a mainland Europe restaurant, the waitstaff often thought we were British until we asked for one of two things.

o Water

o Ketchup

Methinks they have played Catchup to Ketchup these days over there;):D

A few years ago during gfc star decided to reposition one of their ships in

sydney

apparently they ran out of beer in 3 days being asian based nobody toldvthem about aussies beer drinking abilities

Aussies drink beer.

If they replenished then the table went and resupplied they will stop. That said, at a certain point, an officer should have a word with that table.

What word? I thought it was an 'all you can eat' buffet.

Based on the size of many passengers I see on ships, some

take it literally.

But seriously, what word would an officer have with them

-- don't be a rude pig?

Why just there? Why not when they are saving pool loungers,

or show lounge seats?

The English, god love 'em, just don't "get" ice. I blame my American upbringing warring with my English ancestry for my ice obsession -- I have a huge bowl of cubes in my freezer at all times, plus two completely filled ice trays in reserve.

That said, given how unpalatably strong Princess's iced tea mix is, having to make one's own with brewed tea is actually a bonus. I keep intending to do so, then when I actually am standing there in the buffet, I find myself too lazy to follow through.

The English (although I'm sure you really meant 'The British') do ice perfectly well. We just don't do iced tea.

o Water

o Ketchup

When I went to the U.S. I always asked for drinks without ice. They'd always say "ahhhh you're Aussies" still not sure if it was because of the ice or the accent : )

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

When I went to the U.S. I always asked for drinks without ice. They'd always say "ahhhh you're Aussies" still not sure if it was because of the ice or the accent : )

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You get more ice than the drink whether alcoholic or non alcoholic,iced coffee.

I paid for a drink......:cool: Folks make lots of profit from ICED drinks.

Ice never runs out on cruises too profitable to miss out;):D

We were on a 11 day cruise that ran out of cream by day 5. The reason was a large group on board from a central European country was accustom to drinking a glass of cream (not milk) with breakfast and went through the cream on board for coffee and whipping by day 5.

They were very unhappy and complained about only having milk with their meal.

We were on a 11 day cruise that ran out of cream by day 5. The reason was a large group on board from a central European country was accustom to drinking a glass of cream (not milk) with breakfast and went through the cream on board for coffee and whipping by day 5.

At least Princess did them a good turn lowering their cholesterol level;):D

Edited by kruisey

When I was in England, I was dying for ice water, after several days of drinking warm tap water (which, oddly enough when I'm in my house, is what I drink). I asked the waiter if I could possibly have some ice water, so he brought me a glass with 3 cubes in it.

My mum was English, and to the day she died, she never liked ice in her drinks.

Edited by kimlovesfl

When I was on the Diamond a couple of years ago from Beijing to Whittier, there was no cottage cheese on the ship the entire cruise. My friends thought I was nuts that I would even care but my favorite breakfast on a cruise is cottage cheese and fruit.

That's my favorite as well! That's the first thing I go for, then to find nuts or seeds to put on it. One morning I got a bowl of cottage cheese and this woman picked up the whole crock of walnuts and proceeded to walk around the buffet eating them out of the crock! Boy was I p*ssed!:mad:

I can be rather outspoken I would have probably said 'Your not the only ones on this cruise there are over 2,000 more passengers to feed' glaring at their contraband.Then run for cover in case they pelted me with it.Actually I can defend myself these days with my cane.;):D

I'm a little more tactful. I would simply walk by their table making the oink oink sound.:D

It won't be so far in the future that there won't BE newspapers to wrap them in..

No one ever seems to wrap my Fush and Chups in newspaper anymore :(.

As for getting lashings of vinegar, OMG the other day they offered me a little pack of it for 0.60c

What did the coffee and tea drinker think when there was no longer any cream???

With some Flake and potato cakes. ;)

My Grandma used to make them and cover them with melting butter while they were still warm..YUMMY YUMMY.:D

Just so we are on the same page

Flake = Fish

Potatoe Cake = Thin slice of potato in batter

That right?