becoming Pinnacle ?

Olga on the Majesty is sharing the desk with the International Ambassador (staggered hours) right next to the Guest Services desk. We just heard that the LA on Vision will be starting on Sat when we board. Wish us luck with our Pinnacle recognition having a brand new person doing it!

Jan @ WriteSounds

Jan, we will see if we can give this person a few hints for you!! See you day after tomorrow! Your Pinnacle celebration should be great!!;):)

Rick

Olga on the Majesty is sharing the desk with the International Ambassador (staggered hours) right next to the Guest Services desk. We just heard that the LA on Vision will be starting on Sat when we board. Wish us luck with our Pinnacle recognition having a brand new person doing it!

Jan @ WriteSounds

I'm sure it will be splendid! Enjoy yourself!

Yes, it should be handled the same way on every ship! A lot of things should be the same, I think. :)

In Feb. we turned Pinnacle on Indy and were pleasantly surprised with our event. We had no idea if anything special would happen, as others before us sometimes did or not have a special event. Some LAs have said it is the cruise following the pinnacle 700 points that are the recognition time.

No upgrade but we got champagne, glass block, photo on the stage with CD, HD and LA.

Hope you have a very special presentation Jan & Bruce!!!!

Which cruise on Indy were you on when you were recognized for reaching Pinnacle. We were on Indy on the Valentine's Day sailing, and they did a very nice presentation during the Top Tier Event for several couples reaching the milestone. Were you on that sailing?

I thought it was very nicely done. I can only aspire to reach that level....working towards D+ right now.

Which cruise on Indy were you on when you were recognized for reaching Pinnacle. We were on Indy on the Valentine's Day sailing, and they did a very nice presentation during the Top Tier Event for several couples reaching the milestone. Were you on that sailing?

I thought it was very nicely done. I can only aspire to reach that level....working towards D+ right now.

Thanks!!

That was us!!!! :) We were the first ones asked up, maybe by # of points I guess?

There were 3 couples and LA Colette made it very special, one couple at a time. We thanked her many times later, as we had no idea what to expect.

Mario was there too and we have cruised many, many times with him. He was excited to have fresh Pineapples join the group.:D

We just plugged along doing our B2Bs we like and the points started to add up. No double points in Dec. etc. Just did our thing and got there. We like B2Bs as it is not cheap or easy to fly to FLL or NJ for us. So, we stay on for awhile and enjoy the ship and cruise.

Good luck getting there too.

Congratulations Jan!!!:) Hope you both have a special event too.

I haven't reached Pinnacle...yet...LOL...but I've reached the point where my single supplement is only 50% now...whoohoo !!!!

Congrats on reaching Pinnacle, Dayle....maybe I'll know the feeling some day!

Is there a reward that if one reaches 100 yrs old and not reached Pinnacle yet....one can have an 'honorary' Pinnacle status....presuming one can still walk on a moving ship at that age?? LOL :D:D

Jan @ WriteSounds

Congratulations to both of you! :)

Thanks!!

That was us!!!! :) We were the first ones asked up, maybe by # of points I guess?

There were 3 couples and LA Colette made it very special, one couple at a time. We thanked her many times later, as we had no idea what to expect.

Mario was there too and we have cruised many, many times with him. He was excited to have fresh Pineapples join the group.:D

We just plugged along doing our B2Bs we like and the points started to add up. No double points in Dec. etc. Just did our thing and got there. We like B2Bs as it is not cheap or easy to fly to FLL or NJ for us. So, we stay on for awhile and enjoy the ship and cruise.

Good luck getting there too.

Congratulations Jan!!!:) Hope you both have a special event too.

I can understand why you do B2B's because of the air traffic to port city. We just can't cruise as often as we would like, and the cost of even a JS is usually out of our budget, so balconies it generally is. I hope we can meet you again at some point in the future, and MEET close up.

Our next cruise is on Navigator departing 11/22/15 for its 6 day itinerary. Our first cruise was on Navigator in 2004 and this is the first chance we have had to return to her....and she is like a new ship, since her refurb.

Have a good weekend, celebrating holidays with friends and family.

We made Pinnacle in February, have been off ship for more than 4 weeks and have not received the pins or the stratum. However, we have already used our free cruise certificate for a cruise we had previously booked, and the resolutions agent simply reworked the prices and applied the discount to our reservation. It isn't a "free" cruise, but we were happy with the allowance they gave us toward the cruise.

We also filled put a form onboard Quantum, which asked us what names we wanted on the pins, so I hope they arrive before our next cruise.

We called the Diamond plus desk and told them we wanted to get some info on the free cruise, they directed us to resolutions, we discussed the best way to use the certificate(we had 4 cruises booked, but only one was approaching final payment date) and within 30 minutes we had the updated invoice with the revised price. Much easier and faster than I imagined.

I owe many thanks to the Pinnacle members that helped get the "free" cruise

Particulars worked out a short time ago!

The stratum arrived on March 31st which was about a month and a half after the end of the cruise where we reached the 700 point level and our pins arrived today, so we will have them for our repo cruise on Serenade a week from tomorrow.

I have read through this thread and now I think I may have previously misunderstood the "free" Pinnacle cruise. Our scenario is as follows, March of 2016 we complete a cruise that gives us 692 points. The following cruise is in a JS giving us 14 points. Total is now 708.

What happens? Recognized on that cruise? Not the free cruise? Need to use the free cruise on a future booking? ??? Any info is appreciated.

Thanks for all your help.

You should be recognized on the cruise that you achieve 700 points, so it appears that will be in the cruise you are on after your March 2016 cruise.

Approximately 6 to 8 weeks after that cruise, you will receive a Pinnacle package (actually 2 separate packages sent from different vendors). One will have your crystal Pinnacle award and your free cruise certificate, and the other will have yourPinnacle pins, luggage tags and passport holders.

You can call about your free cruise even before you have the certificate and a representative will figure out the value of your "free" cruise. There is a maximum value of 1200 per person for this free cruise, but regardless of the price you are required to pay taxes and gratuities.

We received the maximum value of 1200 pp, because the lowest balcony room was priced higher than that, so we were required to pay additional monies plus taxes and gratuities, but we booked oasis for summertime, so the price was high. We hd booked this cruise prior to making Piñnacle, so they just adjusted the price and sent us a new invoice, all within 30 minutes.

Edited by billsgal

billsgal.....Thank you. Makes more sense. One more question, if I am reading these posts correctly the "free" cruise must be booked within 6 months and can "down the road" not your next cruise is this correct?

Thanks again.

We reached a "free" cruise milestone in December, and applied it to a cruise in September.

Congratulations to the new Pinnacles and those who will be joining the ranks soon. We've seen both over the top and minimal recognition. It should be the same for all and one shouldn't have to be proactive to make sure it's nice.

Once again I can only say: Royal Caribbean = Consistent Inconsistency

Unfortunately we're seeing this more and more.....

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Does anybody know when they look at the price of the balcony room? Is it at date of booking or prevailing rate for the balcony at the date the certificate is applied? We have a GS booked, but the balcony rooms are lower than $2400 currently, but have been on the rise.

Thanks.

Does anybody know when they look at the price of the balcony room? Is it at date of booking or prevailing rate for the balcony at the date the certificate is applied? We have a GS booked, but the balcony rooms are lower than $2400 currently, but have been on the rise.

Thanks.

They look at the rate at the time you ask the certificate to be applied.

Stratum............I see some calling it that...is that a RCCL terminology?:confused::confused::confused:.....if you look that word up,it means a layer or layers of rock in the ground or a class of people......why is it being referred to the crystal award?:confused:

Stratum............I see some calling it that...is that a RCCL terminology?:confused::confused::confused:.....if you look that word up,it means a layer or layers of rock in the ground or a class of people......why is it being referred to the crystal award?:confused:

Yes Kathy, I've heard the Loyalty Ambassadors call it a "stratum".

Use the image search on google and search for "stratum award" a couple pictures will show up. Not the Pinnacle award but it will give you an idea of what a stratum award is.

Edited by looking4info

Use the image search on google and search for "stratum award" a couple pictures will show up. Not the Pinnacle award but it will give you an idea of what a stratum award is.

Ok,got it..........so technically it is a stratum award.......not just stratum(which means something else)......

It is just a word I never heard of before..:)

Ok,got it..........so technically it is a stratum award.......not just stratum(which means something else)......

It is just a word I never heard of before..:)

I agree, it is a new term to me. And I also looked it up -- and assumed it is being used because there are different tier levels, or strata (strati? -- forgot the Latin plural of "um"). I'm glad to see it was confusing to someone else.:o

Edited by travelgoddess1

i agree, it is a new term to me. And i also looked it up -- and assumed it is being used because there are different tier levels, or strata (strati? -- forgot the latin plural of "um"). I'm glad to see it was confusing to someone else.:o

thanks for reassuring me I am not alone..I see people talking about like it's an every day word..