I've HAD IT with Royal Caribbean!!!

Eve

[quote name='clarea']I believe that Diamond now gets either $30 off a package or one day of unlimited internet free.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Black"]This is what I got in April. They're kind of forcing you into buying a package for the entire cruise & they won't apply the credit for more than one person to the package. On a 7 day cruise, I can manage with access for only 2 days (1 for each of us) but on longer cruises, I need more than that. What they're offering is NOT very good for those of us who need to stay in touch with home or work but don't need to spend a lot of time doing it.....[/COLOR]

We found that if we started in the afternoon (like say 2:30p) then it went 24 hours until the next day at the same time so we could bridge two days at a time.

I think that Diamond Plus gets 2 days so that makes it a little more worth it to try to aspire to that level.

We don't go on cruises to stay connected. Exactly the opposite. So our needs are different than yours.

I like the whole day thing because the 1/2 hour from before went away just connecting and downloading one time.

Tom

[quote name='phoenix1181'][COLOR="Black"]This is what I got in April. They're kind of forcing you into buying a package for the entire cruise & they won't apply the credit for more than one person to the package. On a 7 day cruise, I can manage with access for only 2 days (1 for each of us) but on longer cruises, I need more than that. What they're offering is NOT very good for those of us who need to stay in touch with home or work but don't need to spend a lot of time doing it.....[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

LOL! I guess it's like any other passion. We love it enough to discuss it to death. Those without cruise the passion just wouldn't understand.

Tom

[quote name='cjdixon4']It's Cruise Critic. That's how we do it here. :cool:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='phoenix1181'][COLOR="Black"]This is what I got in April. They're kind of forcing you into buying a package for the entire cruise & they won't apply the credit for more than one person to the package. On a 7 day cruise, I can manage with access for only 2 days (1 for each of us) but on longer cruises, I need more than that. What they're offering is NOT very good for those of us who need to stay in touch with home or work but don't need to spend a lot of time doing it.....[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I was disappointed (at first) in the internet change of 24 or 48 consecutive hours. We could get by on a 7 night cruise. We recently had a 15 night cruise and needed ( or wanted) more than a few consecutive days. On the first day there was a discount for purchasing the cruise long package and the D ( or D+) discount was also applied.

The cost with the first day purchase as well as the D+ discount was low and we loved having access every day. Service was poor ( or non existent) in the stateroom, but worked just about everywhere on the ship. We had the one devise package which worked out fine. The best advantage was that we could clear our junk email every day or so and not have so many messages to go through when we returned home. That way we were also able to see messages that were important and needed a response. Many of our colleagues and friends did know we were out of the country for 4 weeks ( we like it that way) so we could easily respond if necessary.

M Edited by cruisegirl1

[quote name='tserface']LOL! I guess it's like any other passion. We love it enough to discuss it to death. Those without cruise the passion just wouldn't understand.

Tom[/QUOTE]

I think even many of those [B]with[/B] cruise passion don't understand the obsession with luggage tags. It's just one of those things, for some people, though.

[quote name='Paul65']I think even many of those [B]with[/B] cruise passion don't understand the obsession with luggage tags. It's just one of those things, for some people, though.[/QUOTE]

:confused: I just printed mine in black and white, will fold per the instructions, staple them on my bag and tear them off once they are delivered. Easy Peasy

I don't really give a rip about luggage tags (pun intended). We just bought the little holders so we felt like they wouldn't come off and not last long enough to identify our luggage to our room, but we reuse them every cruise and it works great.

I just wanted to point out that passion about cruising brings out all kinds of interesting sides in people. The fact that we even get to cruise enough to notice these kinds of problems is a huge privilege. I think talking about "the small stuff" help people deal with post cruise depression or pre cruise jitters while waiting. It's all innocent fun.

Tom

[quote name='Paul65']I think even many of those [B]with[/B] cruise passion don't understand the obsession with luggage tags. It's just one of those things, for some people, though.[/QUOTE]

Can we finally move this discussion into what REALLY matters?

Do you staple your printed luggage tags or use tape?
Is 20lb bond good enough or should I go cardstock?
What if my printer doesn't quite capture the essence of my deck/status color?

[quote name='poncho1973']Can we finally move this discussion into what REALLY matters?

[B]What if my printer doesn't quite capture the essence of my deck/status color?[/B][/QUOTE]

You can import the image into Photoshop and adjust the saturation, color balance etc. Maybe while working on the tags, you could add a small portrait of yourself surrounded by a wreath of the appropriate colors. That way the servants will know who you are when you ask "Do you know who I am?!?" They can say, "Yeah mon, you the crazy one with you picture on the luggage tags..."

Note, you really should do screen and printer color calibrations first or you may be disappointed by the colors in the final print. As far as the print medium, I think 20b stock might be adequate but card stock certainly adds some peace of mind as well as enhancing that look of class. Whichever you use, you really should laminate the tags to protect them from damage if the dock workers "drop" the bags overboard. Edited by GottaKnowWhen

In all sincerity can someone tell me if the following is what you use for luggage tags now?

[url]http://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Holders-Caribbean-Celebrity/dp/B00M5MDAS0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1434563938&sr=8-2&keywords=cruise+luggage+tags[/url]

Or what other ideas/options are there for attaching luggage tags? The paper would be far too flimsy? Clear package tape and a stapler?

Personally luggage has been lost twice not fun!

Thanks in advance,
Patty

[quote name='poncho1973']Can we finally move this discussion into what REALLY matters?

What if my printer doesn't quite capture the essence of my deck/status color?[/QUOTE]

There has got to be another #hashtag hidden somewhere in all that for your signature :):D;)

[quote name='cw2go']In all sincerity can someone tell me if the following is what you use for luggage tags now?

[url]http://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Holders-Caribbean-Celebrity/dp/B00M5MDAS0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1434563938&sr=8-2&keywords=cruise+luggage+tags[/url]

Or what other ideas/options are there for attaching luggage tags? The paper would be far too flimsy? Clear package tape and a stapler?

Thanks in advance,
Patty[/QUOTE]

NO

Paper tags covered with clear tape, fold and hole punch in each end and attach with a zip tie

Or, book a suite and they send them for free Edited by setsail

[quote name='cw2go']In all sincerity can someone tell me if the following is what you use for luggage tags now?

[URL]http://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Holders-Caribbean-Celebrity/dp/B00M5MDAS0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1434563938&sr=8-2&keywords=cruise+luggage+tags[/URL]

Thanks in advance,
Patty[/quote]
Those are exactly what we use. Love the steel loops. We had the plastic loops break after a few times.

That's what we use too. You can use them for all cruises after you buy them. So far Celebrity and RCI haven't changed the size oft he tags. We had to get different ones for Princess cruises. But, they are not expensive.

Tom

Thanks in advance,
Patty[/QUOTE]

BTW, these cost slightly less and do the same thing:

[url]http://www.amazon.com/Cruisetags-NARROW-Cruise-Ship-Luggage/dp/B009PGOCUE/ref=pd_sbs_198_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=13VP81Y39NSCGKK066N7[/url]

Tom

Thanks in advance,
Patty[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tserface']That's what we use too. You can use them for all cruises after you buy them. So far Celebrity and RCI haven't changed the size oft he tags. We had to get different ones for Princess cruises. But, they are not expensive.

Tom[/QUOTE]

That was my second thought have the cruise lines changed their tag sizes? I assume the Princess tags are a bit shorter and wider?

I typically travel light and can do carry on only but with Europe that's a challenge! Getting inform and prepared. Thank you :p

[quote name='cw2go']
The paper would be far too flimsy? Clear package tape and a stapler?

Personally luggage has been lost twice not fun![/quote]

Honestly, for my first cruise, I printed each tag on a sheet of paper and folded it as instructed. Then stapled the ends. It was cold and raining the day I left for my first cruise, but my luggage arrived WITH the tags in tact. So, following this method, the paper is definitely not too flimsy. Note: I did print mine on color laser printer. An inkjet printed tag may have run in the rain.

I have the plastic sleeves from amazon now. I may give them to my parents and 'upgrade' to the ones with the steel loops. :D

Edited to add: I just found the steel loops on eBay! LOL! Edited by tlatrice

I printed ours out, folded as per directions and wrapped them in clear packing tape before leaving home. I brought a small stapler to attach them on when we got off the plane. Worked like a charm. But you could bring some tape too. Or have the guys at the dock write them up for you.

We use the 'print, fold & tape' method with no problems - takes about 5 minutes start to finish. I use a permanent fine tip marker to put the information on the tag. When we are flying and have to attach the tags after the flight, I bought a little stapler (Dollar Store, about 1 1/2" long) that is easy to carry and does the fastening job just fine. It's also come in handy in closing up a laundry bag before sending it out and attaching any coupons or instructions to the bag.

Might as well chime in on the luggage tag issue. I have not read all 11 pages of this so excuse me if this has already been mentioned. Cruise Critic offered luggage tag holders a few years back when the cruise lines stopped sending tags in the mail. These are a plastic pouch with a plastic loop that goes on the handle of your luggage. The luggage tags you print online fit exactly inside the pouch and are easily recognized and protected. I bought enough to have one for even my carry-on's in case I sat them down somewhere in the process. We have them prepared and ready in our carry on and put on the luggage before we hand it off at the cruise ship terminal. This is something I can do ahead of time and do not have to borrow a stapler from the front desk of the hotel the day of the cruise. I will look for the link to purchase these, cheaper than one time tags from the cruise ship line. We have used them for several years now on RCCL and Princess, then tuck them away for the next trip.
I agree, the website is a POS and every time I use it I send an email to Crown and Anchor to let them know how bad it is. If everyone would do the same, they might refine it to be more user friendly. So far I have not lost any reservations, but to find anything is a pain.
As for the DD, I love the concept of having this option as we are not MDR fans.

Here is the link. [url]http://www.cruisecritic.com/store/product.cfm?ID=46[/url]
Go to the main tabs of Cruise Critic, go far right to 'Community' then scroll down to 'Store'. Once inside the Cruise Critic 'Store' you will find all kinds of neat stuff for cruising, luggage tag holders being one of them.
Buy enough as you will use these forever and work for any cruise line.