Price Drop BEFORE Final - Booked cruise onboard with 123

Iamthesea

Last month, I booked a European cruise while onboard another cruise. We were still under the 123GO promo. I noticed that the price of our cruise has gone down by $150 pp. I plan to call the Captain's Club, but wanted to check here for advice.

Since the cruise was booked under an expired promo, I assume that the CC will tell me that I will lose the perks. However, there is the new "Spring" perk going on. So, if I cannot get a price drop and keep my perks, I could always cancel the cruise and rebook under the new promo. However, wouldn't that mean that I would lose the OBC that I received for booking onboard my last cruise?

I guess if all else fails, I could wait until I board my spring break cruise next weekend and then rebook IF the pricing is still reduced on the European cruise. :rolleyes:

Any price drop before final experiences welcome. :)

OK, I'll be curious to hear what your TA says. Please report back.

I was successful in getting a price drop before final for my October cruise, but that was back when the 123 was still going on. ;)

Have you asked your TA to look into it?

I have not had much luck getting a price drop since the 123 promo. Usually they tell me that lower price does not include the promo. Also the one online agency charges a fee to cancel even if immediately rebooking. Also they say the special rates for resident, etc.are not combinable with the 123 promo. Lots of rules :( I would say no obc for booking on a cruise and canceling to rebook. Not sure but sounds probable.

Last month, I booked a European cruise while onboard another cruise. We were still under the 123GO promo. I noticed that the price of our cruise has gone down by $150 pp. I plan to call the Captain's Club, but wanted to check here for advice.

Since the cruise was booked under an expired promo, I assume that the CC will tell me that I will lose the perks. However, there is the new "Spring" perk going on. So, if I cannot get a price drop and keep my perks, I could always cancel the cruise and rebook under the new promo. However, wouldn't that mean that I would lose the OBC that I received for booking onboard my last cruise?

I guess if all else fails, I could wait until I board my spring break cruise next weekend and then rebook IF the pricing is still reduced on the European cruise. :rolleyes:

I believe that the onboard booking bonus is transferrable ONE time only. If that is the case, you could cancel and rebook if the new promo is indeed at a lower rate and still keep your original onboard booking credit!

Are we allowed to give the name and phone number of our Celebrity contact here on cruise critic? I've used him for over six cruises and he gets it done every time. Love him

No, that is not allowed. EM

I believe that the onboard booking bonus is transferrable ONE time only. If that is the case, you could cancel and rebook if the new promo is indeed at a lower rate and still keep your original onboard booking credit!

My understanding is the OP wants to keep the SAME cruise and cabin, but obtain the lower price. This is not the same as booking onboard for a specific cruise and changing it to another one, which does fall under the policy to a ONE TIME change before they drop the obc amount.

I have current booking (not an onboard booking originally, so no obc). I upgraded to a higher category during a promo, and they added $100 obc to my booking at the same time.

Price drops really are the same as repricing, and if the price is lower and there is a promo, you get the whole package. If your promo is expired they will take it off the booking when they reprice for the lower amount. The exception is they will NOT take the obc away if you booked on board a ship, but will reduce it, as I mentioned above, to a lesser amount with the second change to the booking.

Off the phone! :)

The Celebrity rep (nicest one yet...and I always get nice reps at Captain's Club ;)) changed the reservation from the 123Go promo to the Spring into Savings promo and gave us the price drop. :D Kept all 3 incentives, plus the $200 OBC for booking on the ship. :)

The exception is they will NOT take the obc away if you booked on board a ship, but will reduce it, as I mentioned above, to a lesser amount with the second change to the booking.

Not sure what you mean by this. We have changed pricing before and never had a reduction in our onboard (another cruise) booking amounts. :confused:

Not sure what you mean by this. We have changed pricing before and never had a reduction in our onboard (another cruise) booking amounts. :confused:

Yes, me also. It's my understanding this a new policy: For onboard bookings, the 2nd change drops the obc to the "open booking" obc amount.

I'm glad you got your pricedrop and kept the good stuff, too!

I have the same situation.

Our TA is checking on it.

Yes, me also. It's my understanding this a new policy: For onboard bookings, the 2nd change drops the obc to the "open booking" obc amount.

I'm glad you got your pricedrop and kept the good stuff, too!

Do you mean a change of the actual cruise to another cruise, or a rate change?

Happy Cruiser 6143I was able to get the $300 price drop and keep my all in 123 and my OBC.

Great! Did your promo code get changed from 123 to SIS, like mine did?

Edited by Iamthesea

I just noticed a price drop in our NE/Canada cruise but my cabin category is not available...they are completely booked. Doesn't your category have to be available...(I know...dumb question) I already lucked out on this cruise...123 came out after I booked and I was able to cancel the original booking and upgrade to Aqua plus the promo...came out to actually being less when you take into consideration all the perks.

On the other had, I just booked a July Bermuda cruise and there is a lot of availability...especially in the category that I booked. Hoping like heck this one comes down before final payment. I have all of the 123 promos with this one...following along here to see what everyone has to say.

Iamthesea....so happy it worked out for you.

Edited by midwestchick

Doesn't your category have to be available.

Yes, it does. If it makes you feel any better, our 2016 NE/Canadian cruise went up in price. I was impressed that the CC rep asked if she could check all of my reservations for price drops. That was very sweet of her. ;)

Yes, it does. If it makes you feel any better, our 2016 NE/Canadian cruise went up in price. I was impressed that the CC rep asked if she could check all of my reservations for price drops. That was very sweet of her. ;)

I'm not surprised....those cruises seem to sell out quickly. Yes, that was nice of her.

:D

I have the same situation.

Our TA is checking on it.

I should have read your original post more carefully.

Our TA hasn't gotten back to me but I don't think that matters.

Our cruise is in the Caribbean in Feb. of 2017. I don't think the new promotion covers that .

So while a $200/pp price reduction might be nice it wouldn't be worth giving up the 1,2, 3 all-in that we got when we booked.

(And our 2016 cruises have only increased in price!)

TA JUST emailed me that she was only able to get through to Celebrity just now after trying all last evening!

I'll post what happens.

OMG -she GOT it!!! :D

This makes the 2017 price very similar to the 2015 and 2016 prices!

Edited by chamima

I was on hold with the CC for an hour this morning, 1st time ever for me. Got the price drop without any mention of rebooking under the new promo. We used an open passage when we booked the cruise. I expected to have to pay a higher deposit since we upgraded from an S2 to a CS several months ago with out an additional deposit then either.

Happy for you both! :):D

Also on my invoice under each name is the reduction ($150) labeled Spring Savings.

chamima - The terms of the new promo reads...

Offer applies to select 3-night and longer cruises that depart May 2015–April 2017 on Caribbean

You were included afterall.;)

This was the original offer I saw:

All Inclusive Spring into Savings

Departures Between May 2015 and Apr 2016

Spring into Savings

When you select a cruise departing between May 2015 and April 2016 and book an Ocean View or higher stateroom, you can take advantage of Celebrity's Spring into Savings offer. Book your 3-night or longer cruise by March 31, 2015 and you can choose from these great offers.

Captain's Club members, Classic level or above, will enjoy 50% reduced deposits.

BOOK BY MARCH 31, 2015.

Celebrity Cruises 123Go Offer

Free Classic Beverage Package - Receive Classic Beverage Packages for two, including alcoholic beverages, valued at $98 per day. A 12-night voyage has a total value of $1,350 per stateroom!

Free Gratuities - Receive pre-paid gratuities for two, value of up to $30 per day.

Onboard Credit - Receive $100 for 3-5 night sailings, $200 for 6-9 night sailings, and $300 for 10-night or longer sailings.

PLUS, up to $1000 off your cruise fare. (prices shown include these savings)

Europe bookings in Standard Veranda receive all FOUR offers!

Book a Concierge Class or higher and enjoy all FOUR offers!

Book a Standard Veranda to any Destination except Europe and enjoy up to $300 fare discount and select ONE more offer.

Note: Cruise must be booked by March 31, 2015 (the "Offer Period") and must be a 3-night or longer cruise that departs between May 2015 and Apr 2016. Offer excludes Celebrity Xpedition, and certain other voyages. Offer only available for Ocean View or higher stateroom categories. Offer is subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled. Certain restrictions apply and offer may be withdrawn at any time. Contact us for information on all requirements and pricing.

They must have changed the dates at some point.

Or maybe the original was a typo. With Celebrity's IT dept. ANYTHING is possible. :p

What happens if the price drops after you've made final payment? I saw that Celebrity lowered the price of our cabin by a considerable amount and we already have 2 of the 3 perks. I emailed my TA but won't hear back till Monday. Any chance we might get OBC?