Bringing Laundry Soap on Board

xeroxme

Does anyone have any experience bring their own Laundry Soap on board? DW wants her woolite and her own soaps for Laundry. we will be doing two cruises back to back this summer for 15 Days at sea. laundry will be unavoidable but im not sure how to bring it onboard? Checked? carry on? Will carnival allow it?

I had the ship do Laundry last year and they shrunk some of her stuff. Im still in the doghouse. Lol. help.

Thanks in advance from those who have the answer!

Pack it in your check in. Place it in a baggie in case of spillage. I buy the Tide travel packets at WalMart. On our next long cruise I'll put in a couple of ALL pods, they do a good job like Tide. I also place in a baggy some Bounce fabric softener.

Wow! thank you i have never heard of this product and I will run it by her to see if it will work for her! Product sounds perfect for travel!

They are! Purex used to make a 3 in 1 as well, it's been discontinued, but you can find them on amazon for about $50 a pop haha. Nooo thank you. :rolleyes: You can order a free sample from Washeze on their website.

I've brought the packets of liquid tide & still have some of the Purex sheets. I typically bring those, since there is no leaking to worry about. I still bring dryer sheets, though for a little extra scent & less static. When I brought the liquid, I just put them in a ziploc bag in my checked luggage. Carnival does not care if you bring your own laundry soap.

Edited by dmdiver

I always travel with laundry soap and prefer Tide Pods. Buy a new bag and don't worry about leaks (but put them in a plastic bag anyways.) They come in smaller sizes so you're not stuck with 60 of them.

Rather than Woolite, I use All Free & Clear, pods. Again, new package and no worries about them exploding.

Dryer sheets take up absolutely no space; put in a sandwich bag.

I pack the powder soap I use at home to hand wash my delicates. Works great on board and smells lovely. Never a problem with it leaking, and it rinses so easily so no worry about residue.

I usually pack it in my carry on, and the airlines do test the bag a little more closely...I wonder if it's my container of white powder that sets them off! :p

She can soak a sock in her favorite laundry soap at home. Let air dry. On board, toss sock in washer.

Great idea!

The ship's machines are smaller than the home ones so they need less detergent.

We use the Purex sheets. Bought them years ago. We cut the sheets in half lengthwise, putting it into a sweater bag. One reason why they were discontinued was they were clogging up the drain pipes.

Does anyone have any experience bring their own Laundry Soap on board? DW wants her woolite and her own soaps for Laundry. we will be doing two cruises back to back this summer for 15 Days at sea. laundry will be unavoidable but im not sure how to bring it onboard? Checked? carry on? Will carnival allow it?

I had the ship do Laundry last year and they shrunk some of her stuff. Im still in the doghouse. Lol. help.

Thanks in advance from those who have the answer!

I pick up a few of the $1 travel sizes of Tide. They come in little pouches and very easy to travel with. Secure them in a zip loc and toss them in your luggage. I find them at Target in the travel & trial size bins. I am almost positive I have seen woolite there too.

I usually just put a few scoops of the powdered detergent in a ziploc and put it in my carryon. One time I had a small bottle of liquid Tide and at the port the TSA lady was questioning if I was allowed to bring it. She took it out and showed it to another TSA lady who said it was OK.

Target has the liquid single packet in trial and travel section. You can also bring some pods, Pack either in a ziplock bag in case of leaks. Carryon or checked, either is ok. For hand washables you can fill a travel bottle with Woolite, but I have found that shampoo works just fine for washing undies. One less thing to bring,