I'm Visiting Journey Tomorrow (4/2/15) in Miami !

Andy

It was great to see you again Andy, great food and great company.

Don't let it be another 4 years until next time we meet.

Thank you for all your support here on the CC board.

At the moment we're having beautiful weather in the Atlantic.

Ending in Piraeus on April 18th.

Regards from the Journey

Johannes

Great to see you posting on CC, Captain. Don't be a stranger.

Did Andy ask if you had any idea that you would be sailing the Quest to Norway in 2016?

Andy, I am so happy you had a wonderful day.

Edited by midwestchick

It was great to see you again Andy, great food and great company.

Don't let it be another 4 years until next time we meet.

Thank you for all your support here on the CC board.

At the moment we're having beautiful weather in the Atlantic.

Ending in Piraeus on April 18th.

Regards from the Journey

Johannes

Hi Johannes,

Thank you for posting your very kind comments. It was wonderful seeing you yesterday. Thanks again for your hospitality ! I promise to do everything possible to make sure it won't be another 4 years until we meet again ! It was also great seeing Heike and Tony. I also ran into Dale towards the end of the afternoon. I asked Dale about the retirement rumors, and Dale stated the following : "I'm not retiring anytime soon !". I'm sure Journey's fans will be pleased to hear Dale's news.

BTW, thanks for reminding me the current sailing ends in Piraeus. Hope everyone has a wonderful Journey ! All the best to you, and your Officers and Crew !

Did Andy ask if you had any idea that you would be sailing the Quest to Norway in 2016?

Andy, I am so happy you had a wonderful day.

Hi Midwestchick,

Yes, I asked Captain Johannes, and he said it's too soon to know. With that said, it seems that (barring any unusual circumstances) the Captains prefer remaining on their current ships, so I have my doubts that Captain Johannes will be on Quest.... but hey, you never know.

As always, thank you for your kind comments !

Andy,

Well deserved recognition from Larry P. et.al. for all the work you've done on this forum helping Azamara cruisers.

Agree with your assessment of Journey's condition.

Thank you Nordski. I was extremely pleased to see such kind comments from both Larry Pimentel, and Captain Johannes today. It made my day !

It's always wonderful when our members appreciate my efforts, as I'm very passionate about sharing information and helping others. Your comments, along with the many "thank you" emails, makes it all worthwhile.

Thanks again !

Andy,

Happy to hear that you had a great day on board.

Thank you Maria. I hope all is well with you, and we'll meet again on a future sailing.

Andy,

So glad you had such a great visit. Did you get any G2 on the dry docks for the two ships the end of this year?? Hoping many fixes and upgrades but, information is lacking on what will be done.

Thanks so much for all you do on this board,

Thank you Maria. I hope all is well with you, and we'll meet again on a future sailing.

All is well. I do hope that we will meet on another cruise. I have been on Princess twice this year. Was on Regal Princess in March. All I can say is WOW!

Hi Midwestchick,

Yes, I asked Captain Johannes, and he said it's too soon to know. With that said, it seems that (barring any unusual circumstances) the Captains prefer remaining on their current ships, so I have my doubts that Captain Johannes will be on Quest.... but hey, you never know.

We have booked on Quest for the Sea of Cortez and also would find it perfect if Captain Tysse was in command. Having worked at sea myself, I know it is way too early to know schedules. Heck, in my experience, even when you had a schedule you never knew...:eek::D:D

Hi Midwestchick,

You're welcome Andy. I too am happy you received recognition...well deserved.

I thought maybe it was too soon to know if he would be doing Norway but I figured it was worth a try. I thought I had read on here somewhere that he does do Norway on the Quest. I can't blame them for wanting to stay on the ships.

People rave about the Captain on the Quest, so I guess I'll find out.

By the way....my computer problem had to do with my settings and it's now straightened out.

Have a wonderful Easter.

Hi Everyone,

Regarding your questions on the upcoming Drydocks.....

Larry shared some insights on what's planned for Journey & Quest - and was masterful at what was shared.... not too much, but enough to make me excited for what's ahead. While I wish I could say more - what I will say, is that I'm highly confident that Azamara's guests will be extremely pleased with what's in store for both ships !

Hi Everyone,

Regarding your questions on the upcoming Drydocks.....

Larry shared some insights on what's planned for Journey & Quest - and was masterful at what was shared.... not too much, but enough to make me excited for what's ahead. While I wish I could say more - what I will say, is that I'm highly confident that Azamara's guests will be extremely pleased with what's in store for both ships !

Oh how I wish I could have been a fly on the wall.

Now, I've forgotten when they go into drydock, but I think it's after our August, 2016 sailing.

I'm looking forward to the day when I see a countdown clock for Azamara on your signature....and at least one more on mine. :D

Oh how I wish I could have been a fly on the wall.

Now, I've forgotten when they go into drydock, but I think it's after our August, 2016 sailing.

I'm looking forward to the day when I see a countdown clock for Azamara on your signature....and at least one more on mine. :D

Hi Midwestchick,

If all goes according to plan, you should be sailing post Drydock. Quest goes into Drydock in late September 2015, and Journey in Mid January 2016.

I hope you'll see an Azamara cruise on my countdown clock soon. I'm already looking at my schedule for January 27th 2016, as it's the first Journey sailing post Drydock, and there should be plenty to report on. It's also going to be My Mom's birthday during that sailing, so it would make it extra special for us.

Hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Midwestchick,

If all goes according to plan, you should be sailing post Drydock. Quest goes into Drydock in late September 2015, and Journey in Mid January 2016.

I hope you'll see an Azamara cruise on my countdown clock soon. I'm already looking at my schedule for January 27th 2016, as it's the first Journey sailing post Drydock, and there should be plenty to report on. It's also going to be My Mom's birthday during that sailing, so it would make it extra special for us.

Hope this helps !

Helpful, as always. Thank you.

I hope you're able to make the sailing in January. I'm sure it would be a very special birthday for your Mom.

Delighted to see your comments on your visit aboard Journey with following comments from the Pres/CEO and Captain. Impressive indeed to know they are so responsive and connected to their guests.

I'm looking forward to my first Journey 20 Sept 2015 in Greece & Turkey.

Will continue to read, research, and anticipate this Azamara sailing!

Karen

Hi Everyone,

As promised, here's my Journey ship report :

I had an absolutely wonderful day onboard Azamara Journey. To say it was fantastic, would be an understatement. Everyone made me feel especially welcome ! Azamara's President & CEO, Larry Pimentel was incredibly gracious, and offered a walking tour of the ship, which was delightful.

We enjoyed an outstanding lunch at Aqualina, joined by Larry, Captain Johannes, Hotel Director Heike, VP of Marketing Ellen, and... a special Mystery Guest, who I hope to share more about tomorrow. I especially enjoyed the Ahi Tuna appetizer, the Veal medallion entree, and a Flourless Chocolate cake - which was to die for !

As mentioned previously, it's been 4 years since I last sailed on Journey, and didn't know exactly what to expect. I've noticed a very few reports on this forum, claiming Journey looked "tired". Well... I didn't see it that way at all. As a matter of fact, I thought the ship looked absolutely beautiful, classy, and in tip top shape. The Officers and Crew were all smiles, and seemed very happy - eager to please the newly arriving guests for Journey's Transatlantic sailing.

After today's incredible experience, I can't wait to sail on Azamara again. Wish I were sailing on Journey today, but sadly - no. Hopefully, we'll sail with Azamara again, when Journey returns to Miami later this year, or early 2016. I'm thinking it would be perfect to sail on January 27th, 2016, as Journey has an 11 night Miami sailing, immediately after her Drydock. I'm circling the date :)

My sincere thanks to Larry Pimentel, Johannes, Heike, Ellen, Cruise Director Tony, and the entire Journey team. It was a truly perfect day, and another very special highlight of my treasured cruise ship memories.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask !

Good to hear you thought the Journey was in good condition Andy. We are taking our first cruise on Azamara in August this year. Always a bit worrying when so many posts are about refurbishment.

Did you get any menus?

Hi Welshfamily,

I was unable to obtain them while onboard, but another CC member kindly provided MDR menus from a December 2014 sailing. I'm trying to determine if those are the latest menus. As soon as I'm able to confirm, I will start another Sticky thread.

Hopefully, the wait wont be very long. Thanks for your patience.

Hi Welshfamily,

I was unable to obtain them while onboard, but another CC member kindly provided MDR menus from a December 2014 sailing. I'm trying to determine if those are the latest menus. As soon as I'm able to confirm, I will start another Sticky thread.

Hopefully, the wait wont be very long. Thanks for your patience.

Andy,

Might I suggest that your intentions of getting the latest menus is admirable but, completely unnecessary. These menus can only be used as examples as they are subject to change at any time as well as onboard changes depending on ships stocks and available food items. We know they will change as time goes by so it is possible once you verify they are the latest which again is futile as am sure other menus have been used recently so you are putting yourself in a do loop that most likely will never end.

Think it is best to put those menus on your stickey and as new menus come in add them while deleting others so that people have an idea of what is served with no promises that all will be served on any future cruise. Make sure you state that these are samples subject to availability and change and good to go.

Thanks,

Andy,

Might I suggest that your intentions of getting the latest menus is admirable but, completely unnecessary. These menus can only be used as examples as they are subject to change at any time as well as onboard changes depending on ships stocks and available food items. We know they will change as time goes by so it is possible once you verify they are the latest which again is futile as am sure other menus have been used recently so you are putting yourself in a do loop that most likely will never end.

Think it is best to put those menus on your stickey and as new menus come in add them while deleting others so that people have an idea of what is served with no promises that all will be served on any future cruise. Make sure you state that these are samples subject to availability and change and good to go.

Thanks,

I agree. I don't understand the necessity to make sure they are the latest. Now Andy is just teasing us with this, "I have the menus but I'm not going to share" thing.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Edited by Mercruiser

This is a tough crowd! How about a little love for Host Andy and all the work he does for us???

I agree. Andy is a great host and does everything in his power to please people and answer questions to the best of his ability.

I don't understand the snide comments. :mad: :rolleyes:

I was on the Quest for weeks .. Both Carl and Philip told me about several changes in the cabins and public spaces. Since the money people in Mia can change those plans even I do not want to post any plans here.

As far as menus go the next up is Finally Prime C. After two years it is time. Food was very good but I am past bored with the same old menus.

Andy,

Thanks,

Hi Dave,

I hear you, and you have a fair point. Part of my thinking in waiting for confirmation, is that it saddens me when members express their displeasure when things are inaccurate. Accuracy means a great deal to me. With that said, the reality is, what's accurate today, may not be accurate tomorrow, so.... I will go ahead and post the Menus. If & when I hear of updates, I will be happy to update the Sticky when need be. Fair enough ? :)

To Mercruiser : I hope you were joking, as I *never* said I wasn't going to share the menus, and that certainly wasn't ever my intent at any point.

To Host Jazzbeau & Midwestchick : Thanks for your kind words of support ! As the late great Rodney Dangerfield used to say... "It's a tough crowd", but thankfully, it's tough on this wonderful forum.... only on rare occasion !

Edited by Host Andy

Might it not be easier to let excited of Harpenden carry on with the mission he started?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46177223&postcount=18

Fwiw, I emailed Phil about the menus, several days ago. If he has anything more up to date to share with us, he's more than welcome to post on the Menu thread.