Blocked toilet

mad::mad: Hi. I am currently on-board Radiance of the Seas a C&A Diamond Loyalty Member. I wonder how many of you cruise lovers have got up three mornings in a row and found your cabin toilet full and overflowing onto the floor. The cabin doesn't smell too great!! Yes they apologise, yes they clean it up and sanitise the floor But frankly I don't think they give a ****. At the end of this cruise I'll be one night off being a Diamond Plus Loyalty Member - somehow I don't think I'll be reaching it. I've pm'd RCI and sent emails to Michael Bayley, but no reply. Never thought I would be so disappointed with Royal Caribbean.

Edited by Zimacs

mad::mad: Hi. I am currently on-board Radiance of the Seas a C&A Diamond Loyalty Member. I wonder how many of you cruise lovers have got up three mornings in a row and found your cabin toilet full and overflowing onto the floor. The cabin doesn't smell too great!! Yes they apologise, yes they clean it up and sanitise the floor But frankly I don't think they give a ****. At the end of this cruise I'll be one night off being a Diamond Plus Loyalty Member - somehow I don't think I'll be reaching it. I've pm'd RCI and sent emails to Michael Bayley, but no reply. Never thought I would be so disappointed with Royal Caribbean.

I would be asking to speak to the Hotel Director on the ship, not someone off the ship.

I am no loyalist but I need to ask, what else do you expect them to do since they've cleaned it up?

Do you think your level of loyalty should have stopped it from happening or you should have got something for it because you are Diamond????

I am no loyalist but I need to ask, what else do you expect them to do since they've cleaned it up?

Do you think your level of loyalty should have stopped it from happening or you should have got something for it because you are Diamond????

But of course :rolleyes:

Thank you. I was wondering what bearing their C&A status has on fixing a toilet. I don't care if you are Illudium, Uranium, Kryptonite, Plutonium or whatever---they're still no better than me, and yes, their ---- does still stink. If they have resolved the issue, and cleaned, disinfected/sanitized, what else is expected?

After the first overflow, one might hope that beside cleaning up the mess, the mechanical problem that caused the overflow would be repaired.

After the second overflow, one might hope that beside cleaning up the mess, there was an open cabin available to which the passengers could be moved. Failing that one should expect a serious and intense effort to prevent another overflow.

After the third overflow, one has to accept that staff is unwilling or unable to provide the passengers with a cabin free from health hazards. Simply cleaning up the mess after the fact does not prevent exposure to disease.

After the first overflow, one might hope that beside cleaning up the mess, the mechanical problem that caused the overflow would be repaired.

After the second overflow, one might hope that beside cleaning up the mess, there was an open cabin available to which the passengers could be moved. Failing that one should expect a serious and intense effort to prevent another overflow.

After the third overflow, one has to accept that staff is unwilling or unable to provide the passengers with a cabin free from health hazards. Simply cleaning up the mess after the fact does not prevent exposure to disease.

While I agree with you - they should have been moved, I just don't know why being a Diamond should have any influence on how this was handled.

Maybe the OP could enlighten us as to what steps he has taken already and that may or may not confirm your points. :confused:

I don't care if you are Diamond or Diamond Plus, poop happens sometimes. They came and cleaned up the mess and fixed the problem, Sure it would be a pain to deal with it. Do you except them to do give you a free cruise ?

While I agree with you - they should have been moved, I just don't know why being a Diamond should have any influence on how this was handled.

As do I, but if the ship is sailing at or above 100% occupancy, there isn't anywhere to move them to.

These problems are generally caused by guests who don't follow the what you can and cannot put into the toilet rules.

We were on Jewel OTS when there was a major blockage on deck 2 or 3 on the way to wherever the black water goes. The fix was to find the blockage, cut open the pipe (3-4") and pray they had enough 55 gallon drums to catch the bulk of the waste. All cabins above this point were affected! Stuff does happen.

Well what are they supposed to do after the fact? Rip the cabin out and toss it overboard and pull a spare cabin out of the cruise terminal when they dock? Of course they have to clean it up. What would you do at home if the toilet backed up? Sell your house and move to another one? We are all exposed to various bacteria, viruses, and potential sources of infection and disease everyday. That's why we have immune systems, and most people with a healthy, normal functioning system will be ok.

These problems are generally caused by guests who don't follow the what you can and cannot put into the toilet rules.

We were on Jewel OTS when there was a major blockage on deck 2 or 3 on the way to wherever the black water goes. The fix was to find the blockage, cut open the pipe (3-4") and pray they had enough 55 gallon drums to catch the bulk of the waste. All cabins above this point were affected! Stuff does happen.

Reminds me of the idiots on YouTube that were flushing dinner rolls and other items down the toilet just to see what it could handle.

I don't care if you are Diamond or Diamond Plus, poop happens sometimes. They came and cleaned up the mess and fixed the problem, Sure it would be a pain to deal with it. Do you except them to do give you a free cruise ?

I dont think a free cruise, but some financial compensation is warranted in my opinion. The passenger paid for a working toilet - one incident seems tolerable, three mornings of having maintenance crews in their cabin, no accessibility to the bathroom facilities during that time, and 3 days of stinky room smell seems like it deserves some OBC or FCC.

What a friendly and empathetic crowd.

OP go to guest services and demand the hotel director and do not relent until they take your issue seriously and offer a resolution. Any compensation you should insist it be in writing. Do not be bought off with a $5 bottle of wine.

We had a similar situation a few years back on the Majesty. We went on a four night during a long weekend. When we got up EVERY morning the carpet in front of the desk area was wet. The water had seeped from toilet/shower during the night. They cleaned every day...we had fans in our room every day...the room stunk every day. They did say they would move us, but the ship was full. We endured. I am so sorry you're experiencing this.

It stinks!;)

OK, firstly to the OP I'm so sorry you have to endure this. It is totally unacceptable IMHO and by day 3 RCI should be reaching out with some compensation if they cannot move you due to another stateroom due to being at full capacity. My suggestion would be to request a meeting with the Guest Services and Hotel manager asap.

To the rest of you commentators, would you put up with this? I doubt it. You're vocal enough on here about many other more trivial items than waste being in your bathroom. Only yesterday people were up in arms about someone filing their finger nails in a restaurant. What's worse that, or human waste sloshing about in your stateroom? I know what I'd rather endure.

It beggars belief how unhelpful so many people are on CC. Why comment if you're not going to offer advice? Is it just so you can increase your post count?

If you have nothing constructive to say, don't bother. This cruiser has a valid complaint. Let's try and help them, not ridicule them.

They came and cleaned up the mess and fixed the problem, Sure it would be a pain to deal with it. Do you except them to do give you a free cruise ?

The problem is that they most likely *didn't* fix the problem, otherwise it would not be reoccurring for 3 mornings in a row. Unless OP is tossing non-flushable stuff down the drain, they are at this point entitled to more than just a quick clean-up and an apology.

The problem is that they most likely *didn't* fix the problem, otherwise it would not be reoccurring for 3 mornings in a row. Unless OP is tossing non-flushable stuff down the drain, they are at this point entitled to more than just a quick clean-up and an apology.

I agree, I just don't like people who start off saying they are diamond and oh I am going to be diamond plus everyone please bow to me. I hear it all the time so after I tend to skip over parts of post. I agree three morning in a row I would be a little upset. But emailing the president of royal isn't going to help you much while you are onboard. They should have talked to someone in charge on the ship. Keep nagging. I know even on the Oasis our last cruise someone had to come fix the toilets in a row of rooms because they were not flushing. Luckly there was no smell

I agree, I just don't like people who start off saying they are diamond and oh I am going to be diamond plus everyone please bow to me. I hear it all the time so after I tend to skip over parts of post. I agree three morning in a row I would be a little upset. But emailing the president of royal isn't going to help you much while you are onboard. They should have talked to someone in charge on the ship. Keep nagging. I know even on the Oasis our last cruise someone had to come fix the toilets in a row of rooms because they were not flushing. Luckly there was no smell

Bingo! The comment of "well I'm diamond" was not necessary and appeared to be stated as implying that they deserve special treatment. Well, sorry, but they don't. They deserve the same treatment that anyone else is entitled to. What is Royal Caribbean supposed to do if the problem has been fixed and cleaned up? Do we need to go to the Supreme Court with a "Diamond Cruiser vs RCI toilet" case? I mean really--the problem was addressed and cleaned up. End of story.

OK, firstly to the OP I'm so sorry you have to endure this. It is totally unacceptable IMHO and by day 3 RCI should be reaching out with some compensation if they cannot move you due to another stateroom due to being at full capacity. My suggestion would be to request a meeting with the Guest Services and Hotel manager asap.

To the rest of you commentators, would you put up with this? I doubt it. You're vocal enough on here about many other more trivial items than waste being in your bathroom. Only yesterday people were up in arms about someone filing their finger nails in a restaurant. What's worse that, or human waste sloshing about in your stateroom? I know what I'd rather endure.

It beggars belief how unhelpful so many people are on CC. Why comment if you're not going to offer advice? Is it just so you can increase your post count?

If you have nothing constructive to say, don't bother. This cruiser has a valid complaint. Let's try and help them, not ridicule them.

Well Said and true!

Bingo! The comment of "well I'm diamond" was not necessary and appeared to be stated as implying that they deserve special treatment. Well, sorry, but they don't. They deserve the same treatment that anyone else is entitled to. What is Royal Caribbean supposed to do if the problem has been fixed and cleaned up? Do we need to go to the Supreme Court with a "Diamond Cruiser vs RCI toilet" case? I mean really--the problem was addressed and cleaned up. End of story.

In addition to cleaning up the mess................... They're supposed to identify why it re-occurred a 2nd & then a 3rd time & then make damn sure whatever is causing the problem doesn't cause it to happen again!!

Once that's done, they make nicey nice & offer something to the occupant besides an apology. A dinner in a specialty restaurant or a small OBC should suffice.