chocolates on my pillow

mrschipsfc

Do they put chocolates on your pillow at turn down? Last time we cruised in the Haven they had stopped. So I brought my own Hershey kisses and asked the steward to put them on our pillows, I think he thought I was crazy, but, sometimes its just the little things that make it extra special. I will be bringing them again for my Alaskan cruise in May.:)

They put chocolates on our pillow in February on the Getaway. I think you have to be a certain latitudes level. While a nice gesture and I love chocolate, I could never understand the appeal of this. When I turn down in my cabin at night, I brush my teeth and hit the sack. I would never suck on a chocolate before bed. It just would make me have to brush my teeth again :eek:.

I may have been the first and only NCL cruiser to do this, but I told the room steward to not leave them anymore. I told him we don't eat them and I don't want to waste chocolate and save the time and energy of having to remember to do it. He was cool with it. We had the best relationship with our room steward of any cruise we have been on. We saw him in the hall probably 5 times every day. He was wonderful and we gave him a big tip and filled out a hero card for him too. His name is Mauricio deck 12 NCL Getaway.

Edited by david_sobe

It varied sometimes, last week on BA - yes, nightly except the final evening as they're all busy getting ready for next morning's turnaround - collecting checked luggage, etc. Small piece of generic chocolate mint, nothing to be over excited about + the towel animal, 5 out of 7 nights - given their workload.

IMG20150323_2143%20%28768x1024%29.jpg

Our little stuffed "Snoopy" dog traveled to watch things over us high up on the wall. Not a big deal for us, our 6 years old grand-niece back home got them & ate about half of time in under a minute or two.

We got them on our 2nd NCL cruise, which was on Getaway. We were not silver or anything, just latitudes members since we had cruised before. We also got them on our Epic cruise, but we were silver by then.

I forgot these are now a Latitudes "perk".

Believed me, not going to go nuts if the mints get substituted for our convenience as a symbolic goodwill gesture, but for a convenience fee ...

Haven VIP's getting exempted, of course.

I become Silver with my next cruise so I guess I get the mints :D

If you don't become silver until your next cruise you will not get silver perks until the following cruise. You have to be silver when beginning the cruise to get the silver perks.

Everyone is ignoring the fact that we received them even when not silver. I assumed all Latitudes members got them, since we did. I guess I owe NCL some stupid little chocolates then. :-)

Guess so. Still says Silver on the latitudes site:

http://www.ncl.co.uk/freestyle-cruising/latitudes/#!/freestyle-cruising/latitudes/members-levels-and-benefits/

Do they put chocolates on your pillow at turn down? Last time we cruised in the Haven they had stopped. So I brought my own Hershey kisses and asked the steward to put them on our pillows, I think he thought I was crazy, but, sometimes its just the little things that make it extra special. I will be bringing them again for my Alaskan cruise in May.:)

In November I was in a Penthouse suite and got chocolates on my pillow each night.

Everyone is ignoring the fact that we received them even when not silver. I assumed all Latitudes members got them, since we did. I guess I owe NCL some stupid little chocolates then. :-)

Actually I think it's more a matter of them owing all of us non-Silver latitudes members chocolates to make up for giving them to you. I'll be checking my mail regularly.;)

Actually I think it's more a matter of them owing all of us non-Silver latitudes members chocolates to make up for giving them to you. I'll be checking my mail regularly.;)

The MINTS are being distributed electronically for all Latitude Members below SILVER. No convenience fee required. Enjoy...

Andes%20Mints.jpg

e-Chocolate a LA FeeStyle Cruising, ROTFLMAO, in different colors, please. Is redemption an option for a convenience fee at the self service kiosk then,?

sent from my Google Nexus 5/7 via Taptatalk

The MINTS are being distributed electronically for all Latitude Members below SILVER. No convenience fee required. Enjoy...

Andes%20Mints.jpg

Heavens, I nearly choked on my coffee.....Thanks for the laugh!

Had them every night last month on the Dawn.

Sailed the Epic in January (third NCL cruise, but Bronze) and did not get them. We will be Silver on our next two Escape cruises, so it sounds like we'll get them? Woo!

On an RCCL cruise in 2010, after they stopped giving out chocolates (or maybe it's just because we were in inside staterooms, and they didn't give to those...not sure), my friend's husband sent chocolates with her, so she put them on our pillows each night when we got back to the room. :)

Funny mint story......

On another cruise line they put the mints on your pillow as part of the turndown service. I know a couple of people (not me) that woke up with a mint on their face or in their hair! :D :D

Just one to many cocktails.............:p, but we had a blast!

Oh to be young again.............;)