Dining is Wrong

Just checked in for the 4/5/15 Allure of the Seas. We were scheduled to have early dining but our room keys say My Time Dining. Guess I will have to go to Guest Relations when I board to correct this.

Just checked in for the 4/5/15 Allure of the Seas. We were scheduled to have early dining but our room keys say My Time Dining. Guess I will have to go to Guest Relations when I board to correct this.

Guest Services will probably send you to the dining room, so you may just want to go straight there.

When you board and receive cruise compass, it will have a time and deck number for the restaurant to go to for issues relating to dining. I suggest getting there a few minutes early if possible as the queue can grow quite quickly.

Have a good cruise.

We've probably had some kind of error with our dining assignment about 25% of the time!:eek: In your case, the computer probably perceived that your preferred MDR seating (early) was "full" and randomly assigned you to MTD. If you've prepaid your gratuities, that's probably why it picked MTD.

What always amazes me is that when we go to the dining room on boarding day to solve a dining problem, it always seems to be fixed easily and quickly. As other posters have said, check today's Compass to see what time and which dining room to go to, go and get things straightened out. There is usually a bit of a line, but things move well and we've never had to wait more than 10-15 min to get a real person capable of solving the problem. Hopefully it will be easy and quick for you too.

Judy

Edited by foxgoodrich

Just to cover your bases, there may be some reason why the early seating is not available.

If you might be stuck in My Time Dining, get on your cruise personalizer and make reservations for an early time for each night of your cruise in MTD.

If you don't do this NOW, you will probably find that all the early eating times for MTD are booked and only times after 8 PM are available. (Of course, the times may already be booked this far out).

If you manage to get your fixed seating, the MTD reservations will be cancelled.

The contradictory thing about MTD, is that it will be touted to you as a great way to decide on a daily basis what your schedule is, but in the next breath you be told that all show times and activities run off the times of the fixed seatings. And, if you wait, you still won't be able to eat when you want without the MTD reservation.

Allure and Oasis are moving to MTD only. Not sure of when this starts but we were bookedbefore they announced and then switched to another cruise line. Personally I like the set dining.

Allure and Oasis are moving to MTD only. Not sure of when this starts but we were bookedbefore they announced and then switched to another cruise line. Personally I like the set dining.

Not true! Both ships have MTD and traditional dining as I was placed from DD to MTD. Complained vehemently to the C&A desk as I have 3 young granddaughters traveling in the group and did not want to wait until MTD opened up. I went thru a frustrating experience with DD on the Quantum as many Pax either did not make reserves ahead of time or weren't aware that reserves were needed and some wound up in the WJ. When I get on the ship I want everything in order and not waiting in line with others trying to change dining method, times or tables.

You can do MTD as set dining. You just choose the time you want and reserve that every night. We like to eat at 7 so there isn't as much time between the dinner and the shows. We always have the same wait staff and generally the same table.

How did you make out. Cruise critic minds want to know. :confused: