My Time Dining

I usually have us set for late dining but for our upcoming cruise, the late option was sold out so we reserved for 8pm every night of our cruise. My question, will we be sitting with different people each night or will we be seated by ourselves?

We love sitting with other people compared to sitting with just the two of us so I'm hoping we aren't by ourselves the entire time.

I usually have us set for late dining but for our upcoming cruise, the late option was sold out so we reserved for 8pm every night of our cruise. My question, will we be sitting with different people each night or will we be seated by ourselves?

We love sitting with other people compared to sitting with just the two of us so I'm hoping we aren't by ourselves the entire time.

You can certainly ask to be seated with others at a large table. Of course, there will need to be other guests requesting to share also arriving at the same time (or close to the same time).

Unfortunately, most folks in MTD don't like to eat with others....I don't know why! You can ask, but it might not happen!

You can check when you board about getting changed to traditional at a large table!

Unfortunately, most folks in MTD don't like to eat with others....I don't know why! You can ask, but it might not happen!

You can check when you board about getting changed to traditional at a large table!

How do you know most don't?

I've always dined with others when dining My Time.

Personally, when we first started doing MTD when they first introduced it, we wondered if we would miss the big table with other people. NOT!!! We have found we LOVE eating alone. We talk to so many people during the day on a ship that we have found we love eating alone at night. WAY faster eating time - no more 2-3 hour dinners. Don't have to wait for others as we rarely, if ever, eat dessert. We will eat with others if there are no 2 tops available, but much rather have just the 2 of us - we talk about the day, what we are going to do the next day, etc. We will never go back to traditional dining. We love people, but like I said, have found we like the quieter, quicker dinner eating alone and then going about our business for the evening.

No. Incorrect. It will always happen. You can sit at a table for two or a table for ten in MTD.

No, they don't have to do that. We sat at large tables in MTD and met the absolute nicest people. Not everyone wants to sit alone, as you so incorrectly assume and state.

~

snappy68, each night when you check in at the MTD desk, tell the manager your seating preference.

Have a great time. :)

I already made reservations in my online account. Do I have to physically reserve too?

You shouldn't. We made reservations online and they were always ready for us. We were eating alone but where they sat us was in a group of 6 two person tables only separated by a few inches. Apparently there were several other couples that had reservations at the same time because they were usually there. It was great because you got to meet them and share some conversation if you wanted but you could just ignore them and eat alone if that was your preference. They typically moved us to different tables within those six based on when the couples arrived. We enjoyed it.

We have My time dining on our upcoming cruise in June and I have some questions.

In "Cruiseplanner" I can make reservations for every evening, for special restaurants and for the Main dining room. Do I have to decide when I want My time dining every evening ahead or can I just show up?

What if I make a reservation and change my plans about My time dining?

Im not able to see the entertainment schedule (Navigator) and I think its hard to decide when to eat not knowing about the entertainment.... Don't want to miss the shows:)

This is our first cruise (since we did one 21(!!!)years ago I consider us as first time cruisers!);)

We have My time dining on our upcoming cruise in June and I have some questions.

In "Cruiseplanner" I can make reservations for every evening, for special restaurants and for the Main dining room. Do I have to decide when I want My time dining every evening ahead or can I just show up?

What if I make a reservation and change my plans about My time dining?

Im not able to see the entertainment schedule (Navigator) and I think its hard to decide when to eat not knowing about the entertainment.... Don't want to miss the shows:)

This is our first cruise (since we did one 21(!!!)years ago I consider us as first time cruisers!);)

There are no advanced reservations for shows on Navigator. Show times will be convenient for the two traditional dining times.

You don't have to make reservations for My Time, you can just show up. If you make reservations and decide to change, it's a good idea to call the My Time desk and notify them so others can use the table you reserved.

There are no advanced reservations for shows on Navigator. Show times will be convenient for the two traditional dining times.

You don't have to make reservations for My Time, you can just show up. If you make reservations and decide to change, it's a good idea to call the My Time desk and notify them so others can use the table you reserved.

Ok, thanks! Then I will wait until we are on the ship!

When is the traditional dining times?

We are Princess / HAL cruisers and only cruised RCCL a few years ago when there was only traditional dining.

On Princess, we always went to reserve our Anytime Dining table for 2 at a fixed time on the embarkation day afternoon when the Maitre d was on duty for 2 hours to do the dining arrangement change. The Maitre d often showed the diagrams of the 2 Anytime Dining dining rooms and let us see what were still available and then picked one, We would be set for the whole cruise. At dinner time, except for the first night when the headwaiter / assistant waiter needed to check our arrangement to make sure, the subsequent nights we just walked right pass the long line to the dining room heading straight to our table. Very happy with the Princess approach.

On HAL, you can make reservations but only 2 days at a time. And for whatever reasons, you still have to wait a long time at the door.

We will cruise the Allure on a 12 days Transatlantic sailing on April 19.

How do I go by the MTD on Allure? Seems you can reserve your table online ahead of time? Does RCCL has Maitre d on duty on the afternoon of embarkation day to facilitate change of dining arrangement?

Have booked MTD for the first time on a Oct 2015 cruise on Liberty OTS. Have tried to make reservations on line for each evening, but get a message to make them when onboard. Is this normal or is it to early to make reservations (or to late).