LIVE from Quantum of the Seas, sailing April 12th!

Have a question about Northstar. How long was your wait in line? Saw pics the other day of the line, so just curious. Also, any idea how early this line starts forming in the morning. We're boarding May 2nd! Thanks for all the pics and info.

Kaye

We are on the Quantum Transatlantic May 2, and we are looking at Izumi and wondering if the lunch and dinner menu's are the same? We have been trying to make a reservation since we booked the cruise but nothing has ever been available until today, and not sure whether to make the reservation or not as we like to dine early (5:30-6:00pm) and it's only available one day for 8:30pm plus we were thinking if we were to try here, it likely would be at lunch but they do not seem to take lunch reservations? Is it just walk up and first come, first serve for lunch? We would be interested in the Hot Rock's and wondering if this is available on the lunch menu as well, or only available on the dinner menu? Any help you could provide is greatly appreciated. Your review is amazing, and we are truly enjoying checking for the updates daily as we are trying to get ready for our sailing :)

The North Star is not scary at all. You get an amazing view that you can't get on any other ship anywhere.

I'm sure the view is awesome - just going up when you might have a fear of heights could be scary - not going to do it!:p:)

I'm sure the view is awesome - just going up when you might have a fear of heights could be scary - not going to do it!:p:)

I have a fear of heights and did Northstar more than once. It's a smooth ascent and the views are amazing. If I can do it.....you can too! :)

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Just being enclosed in a bubble thing is my issue.......I will leave room for others to do it.

Not my thing!:eek:

[ATTACH]346615[/ATTACH]

If you like yachts Google the info on this one, we saw it in Barcelona while on our Med cruise in Sept.

Lady Moura, not sure if you can see the name in the photo.

According to Wikepedia "Lady Moura is a private luxury yacht. She was the ninth largest private yacht when she was launched in 1990, but has moved down the list in 2014 to number 28. She is owned by Saudi Arabian businessman, Nasser Al-Rashid." Would love to see her.

Would really love to see Yacht A, which looks like a Polaris submarine

M/Y "A" is a luxury motor yacht designed by Philippe Starck and Martin Francis,[6][7][8] and constructed by Blohm + Voss at the HDW shipyard in Kiel, Germany.[5][9] It was commissioned in November 2004, and delivered in 2008 at a rumoured cost of US$300 million.[10][11] With a length of 119 metres (390 ft) and displacing almost 6,000 tonnes, it is one of the largest motor yachts in the world.[9][12]

Named for the first initial of its owners, Andrey and Aleksandra Melnichenko, its provocative styling has polarized opinions since its launch.[13] It has evoked comparisons with submarines and stealth warships, while commentators have referred to it as the "most loved and loathed ship on the sea".[14][15]

‘A’ can accommodate 14 guests in one owner's suite and six guest suites. She can also accommodate up to 37 crew members on board.[16]

191726214_MotorYachtA-AnchoredoffAntibesFranceJuly2009.jpg.d83d3c436df0eb864d1426660dbad19d.jpg

Just being enclosed in a bubble thing is my issue.......I will leave room for others to do it.

Not my thing!:eek:

We all have things we won't do--I didn't do the bumper cars, nor would I ever do the flow rider, zip line or ice skating!

And, luckily for me, my hubby won't ever do a non-balcony cabin!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So I spent this entire lovely Saturday afternoon lounging on the back deck, sipping a banana rum and Dr. Pepper (or several, if anyone's counting) while enjoying this review. As a NY/NJ native who is VERY big on homeporting, I've been considering this ship, so was glad to see so many fantastic pictures. I'm a big believer that not every ship is for every person... it completely depends on what you're looking to get out of the ship. My first cruise, in March 2014, was on the Breakaway... a decision I came to after reading Gambee's review of his experience on that boat. (I actually wound up, coincidentally, in the same room he'd been in when he cruised!) I loved the Breakaway, but it was a little bit too "big ship" for me. My second cruise was on the NCL Gem... which I fell in love with. It was exactly the right ship for me, both size wise and as far as the types of amenities it offered. In a weird way, your review has helped me decide that this probably isn't the ship for me. The restaurants don't really appeal to me, the shopping area feels too much like a mainstream mall, etc. There are things that I love and/or am intrigued by (270 n particular), but not enough to spend as much as it would cost for me to do this ship as an "experiment." I still do what to try another line, and possibly RC (given that they have ships sailing out of my homeports), but at least for now, I think I've decided to take a pass on this ship. But I can't wait to see more of your review, which I'm enjoying immensely!

Richard/Tralfie

We all have things we won't do--I didn't do the bumper cars, nor would I ever do the flow rider, zip line or ice skating!

And, luckily for me, my hubby won't ever do a non-balcony cabin!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We saw Yacht A in San Juan. From the ship and not up close though. Very different looking.

I don't do the zip line, ice skating or flow rider either!! I may do the bumper cars though when on this Class.....

Sure do like our balcony cabins too!:D

0d8d1eae445c91724080395fa9263455.jpg

e5526753a43510f8111f659f30f555cc.jpg

31eaec0d8b4aa6199d8dc9d68d8729e5.jpg

94bb4de8ac3bf99480243b61eec325b4.jpg

085cfbee3cae453545c03a8800562a65.jpg

13cba45d82797afc5b7955702a1270fa.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

I learned last year when I was there they put white flower on names when it is their birthday. I think it is a sweet gesture..

thank you for your time to do this review, helping pass the time til my next one and my friend gambee sent me over here too.

I think I'd cruise on Quantum just so I could go on Northstar!

I also think it would take a longer cruise as the one you are currently doing to even come close to being able to do everything I'd want to do! You are doing an amazing job of fitting so many things into your schedule, plus you're postilg a live reprot for those of us at home. All I can say is "Thank you very much!" :D

2015-04-15%2013.30.40_zpsrstl8pvx.jpg

Has anyone ever learned the reason for the glass panels at the railings on this ship? They seem so distracting. Standing at the rail with the wind in your hair is such a nautical tradition. Hardly seems like you're on a ship with all that protection. Is it only that deck?

Has anyone ever learned the reason for the glass panels at the railings on this ship? They seem so distracting. Standing at the rail with the wind in your hair is such a nautical tradition. Hardly seems like you're on a ship with all that protection. Is it only that deck?

Could be for aerodynamics - less wind resistance for saving fuel would be my guess.

Someone asked about the tall glass building in Martinique. I believe they are condos if I recall from our visit there last year