Carnival Miracle where is she headed in 2016??

AzCruiseGurl

This thread brings up some possibilities of another ship to Long Beach. If the Miracle leaves, does the 15 day Hawaiian and 7 day MR sailings continue? If so, a Fantasy class ship wouldn't be the best ships to use. Maybe the Inspiration AND Miracle leave and we keep the Imagination and a new ship arrives. The real answer though is no one really knows and Carnival isn't saying. At least not yet.

+1 from me too. Would not do a 7 day on a Fantasy class!

I don't think that the Fantasy class would be bad if they got complete refurbs like what happened with Destiny turning into Sunshine.

With the journey cruises and what they're talking about with the throwback cruises they are developing I really think people would enjoy them. If it was gutted and turned into a smaller version of a newer ship I feel it would have a really nice feel and allure for people to want to sail on them. Especially if the journey and throwback cruises do well Carnival could redo half of the Fantasy class ships for this purpose alone. They wouldn't feel as dated(other than size), it would keep a big fleet instead of retiring them all, offer new itineraries(which a majority of frequent cruisers have been wanting), and also give cruisers that nostalgia feel of the old days.

If this was done they could have fun always in the Mediterranean, one constantly doing Panama Canal transits, one doing a Pacific Coastal, a Bermuda, and a 14 day Caribbean/South America.

Those would all be very popular, but only to a smaller group that couldn't fill a 3000 passenger ship but a 1500 passenger ship on a constant basis.

I get not wanting to do a 7 day now on one, but if they were done right there would be a huge appeal to people who love Carnival, but are sick of the same old same old. It would also be fairly inexpensive this way for them to keep a large fleet in the water instead of just building new ships that are monstrous and are just shy of a billion dollars to build. This is just wishful thinking, but I really feel this could be a game changer for cruises if Carnival could offer these great itineraries with the value Carnival is known for and also having that mass market appeal.

Well at least the 2016 itineraries are out for the miracle already. So we will have her till October 2016. Hmm carnival is slowly putting out the itineraries quietly. Something is going on I feel. Wonder what will replace the Miracle, she is definitely leaving because her long beach sailings stop at October 2016. So if miracle does go to Tampa, it won't be till late 2016. Hmm something is going on, will just have to see next week hopefully they announce what is going to happen. Getting a bit concerned now, don't want to lose miracle if we aren't getting something in return. Definitely don't want another Fantasy class ship. Maybe the Victory or Valor would be nice. Going to miss the Miracle, will definitely have to sail her before she leaves

I don't think that the Fantasy class would be bad if they got complete refurbs like what happened with Destiny turning into Sunshine.

With the journey cruises and what they're talking about with the throwback cruises they are developing I really think people would enjoy them. If it was gutted and turned into a smaller version of a newer ship I feel it would have a really nice feel and allure for people to want to sail on them. Especially if the journey and throwback cruises do well Carnival could redo half of the Fantasy class ships for this purpose alone. They wouldn't feel as dated(other than size), it would keep a big fleet instead of retiring them all, offer new itineraries(which a majority of frequent cruisers have been wanting), and also give cruisers that nostalgia feel of the old days.

If this was done they could have fun always in the Mediterranean, one constantly doing Panama Canal transits, one doing a Pacific Coastal, a Bermuda, and a 14 day Caribbean/South America.

Those would all be very popular, but only to a smaller group that couldn't fill a 3000 passenger ship but a 1500 passenger ship on a constant basis.

I get not wanting to do a 7 day now on one, but if they were done right there would be a huge appeal to people who love Carnival, but are sick of the same old same old. It would also be fairly inexpensive this way for them to keep a large fleet in the water instead of just building new ships that are monstrous and are just shy of a billion dollars to build. This is just wishful thinking, but I really feel this could be a game changer for cruises if Carnival could offer these great itineraries with the value Carnival is known for and also having that mass market appeal.

I completely agree with you. If they would start over and get rid of the dated look on these ships, and make them look like they are part of this decade, I would definitely want to sail them. I have no problem with a smaller ship, and I would think it would be easier to fill. I do not like the look of the way they added the balconies on the older ships, but many only want balconies. We have had them on every cruise but one (it was a 5 day on the Fantasy), but I would consider an OV again, if the itinerary and price were right.

I'm hoping we get Miracle here in Tampa as well. LOVED the Pride. We were sorry to see her go. We're not Fantasy style fans (OK for short cruises). I won't complain if we don't get a replacement in Tampa. I feel very fortunate to be able to drive to 5 ports and each one is under 5 hours.

I am in the Tampa Bay area so of course I would very much welcome Miracle coming here. Personally I don't see it happening. Carnival gradually cut back in the Bay area over the past few years. Used to be we had a Spirit class and a Fantasy class here year round. Legend and Inspiration.

Then we had Paradise year round and Pride seasonally. Now since Pride has gone to Baltimore, we have Paradise. Seems like Carnival could make money here when there was very little competition, but now that RC has 2 ships here during the season and NCL has 1 of their ships here also seasonally, Carnival just can't make it. Not surprisingly the yields are better in Baltimore.

One thing I have found strange is why does Carnival have 2 Fantasy class ships in So Cal? Sometimes those cruises to Catalina and Ensenada are offered at rock bottom prices. Actually most of the time. To me, putting Fantasy class in the LA area is like putting a dollar store in Beverly Hills. And yet they have 2 of them there. My goodness. Must be a reason or they wouldn't do it.

As far as Carnival announcing where the ships will be deployed is anybody's guess. They were supposed to announce this news the week of April 6th. Still waiting for that now a week later.

I am in the Tampa Bay area so of course I would very much welcome Miracle coming here. Personally I don't see it happening. Carnival gradually cut back in the Bay area over the past few years. Used to be we had a Spirit class and a Fantasy class here year round. Legend and Inspiration.

Then we had Paradise year round and Pride seasonally. Now since Pride has gone to Baltimore, we have Paradise. Seems like Carnival could make money here when there was very little competition, but now that RC has 2 ships here during the season and NCL has 1 of their ships here also seasonally, Carnival just can't make it. Not surprisingly the yields are better in Baltimore.

One thing I have found strange is why does Carnival have 2 Fantasy class ships in So Cal? Sometimes those cruises to Catalina and Ensenada are offered at rock bottom prices. Actually most of the time. To me, putting Fantasy class in the LA area is like putting a dollar store in Beverly Hills. And yet they have 2 of them there. My goodness. Must be a reason or they wouldn't do it.

As far as Carnival announcing where the ships will be deployed is anybody's guess. They were supposed to announce this news the week of April 6th. Still waiting for that now a week later.

According to John Heald they will announced tomorrow at 10 AM EST.

Thanks for the chuckle. OK if you get to keep Miracle can we at least have one of the Fantasy class ships in LB currently? Please. All in good fun. We will see what happens whenever CCL announces this.

Thanks for the post. Good one about coveting your neighbor's Miracle. All of this could have been avoided if CCL would have let Legend, and then Pride stay put in Tampa. I know that isn't the way it works. Oh well. Life is great.

It is what it is . We have lost Splendor and Pride but I love the spirit class Miracle. Not too big and never feels crowded. I think we could part with a Fantasy class ship here in LB. She is yours for the taking :D!

Yeah Spirit class is awesome. Loved Legend and Miracle. Sure will be interesting to find out where a lot of the other ships will be home-ported too. Somehow I don't feel Tampa is in the mix, but hope I am wrong.

People are saying they have inside information from their vacation planners, and that Tampa is getting a ship, but mine knows nothing about it, or at least he is not sharing.

Happy sailing.

Not just PVPs but someone who works for Carnival here in Tampa has said something is coming. I really hope Tampa gets a ship too that runs longer cruises. Too much of the year there's only 1 ship in Tampa so there's a big market to be tapped into.

Not just PVPs but someone who works for Carnival here in Tampa has said something is coming. I really hope Tampa gets a ship too that runs longer cruises. Too much of the year there's only 1 ship in Tampa so there's a big market to be tapped into.

We'll find out today.... :eek:

I booked Carnival Miracle October 29,2016 yesterday. The Carnival Rep

told me its was her last sailing out of LA but she hadn't heard where the

Miracle would be going...

Well today Carnival called and said they canceled my 29th sailing and there are

no other sailing for the Miracle after the October 8th sailing out of LA.

No one seems to know where the Miracle is going or what ship will be replacing her in LA.

Any ideas???? :confused:

Interesting. Can we hope there will be a Panana Canal cruise?

I would be ecstatic to have the Splendor back. I would be beyond ecstatic if they made the Pacific NW ports an itinerary. I would LOVE to go back up to Victoria and Vancouver! Come on CARNIVAL....give us West Coasters some variety. Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta just doesn't seem that safe anymore. Now that we have young children, all I can think about is their safety. On our next cruise, there's a good chance that we may not get off the ship at those ports.

Edited by maritaysa

I would be ecstatic to have the Splendor back. I would be beyond ecstatic if they made the Pacific NW ports an itinerary. I would LOVE to go back up to Victoria and Vancouver! Come on CARNIVAL....give us West Coasters some variety. Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta just doesn't seem that safe anymore. Now that we have young children, all I can think about is their safety. On our next cruise, there's a good chance that we may not get off the ship at those ports.

Those ports aren't that bad, people are way too over dramatic about these ports and exaggerate. I was just in Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan 3 weeks ago, and felt very safe, especially in Mazatlan. Lots of security and police everywhere protecting tourists. Loved these ports, and would go back in a heart beat.