Carnival Miracle where is she headed in 2016??

AzCruiseGurl

Got some news on the Magic, but nothing about Long Beach...sigh...

Drums just keep on rolling. For more information on new Carnival deployments go to cruiseradio.net.

Scroll down and click on shifting Carnival Breeze and Carnival Magic early.

Don't worry John will continue to talk about his underwear and his BS and will hint every now and then about the Miracle and nothing but garbage comes out of his blog and facebook post and mean while people book airlines and get stuck holding the bag. THEY DON"T CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry John will continue to talk about his underwear and his BS and will hint every now and then about the Miracle and nothing but garbage comes out of his blog and facebook post and mean while people book airlines and get stuck holding the bag. THEY DON"T CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not really John's fault he's just the messenger. The "Beards" are the ones at fault for all these delays and the slow announcements, John just tells us and gives us hints sometimes, but he's not the one planning these repositionings of the ships! [emoji16]

It's not really John's fault he's just the messenger. The "Beards" are the ones at fault for all these delays and the slow announcements, John just tells us and gives us hints sometimes, but he's not the one planning these repositionings of the ships[emoji16]

I think there is a lot more to it than just saying a ship is going here and a ship is going there. I dare say they are waiting on news about the canal and then there would be lots of paperwork and scheduling ports. They probably have to wait for approval from each port they want to stop at. I very much doubt they are doing this just to piss off their customers.

• 3 months later...
I wish they would bring over another ship other than the Splendor. I hate the 3 tier pool deck. How about the Magic or Breeze? But who am I kidding. West coast always gets the short end of the stick. Look at the "upgrades" Miracle recently got.

It would be an absolute MIRACLE if they ever sent any dream class ship here. Maybe they will in like 20 years once those ships are old! Ugh I wish they would send a newer ship, at least maybe a Conquest class ship here?? It is my dream to see a conquest class ship here in Long Beach!

And don't get me started on those "upgrades"! I was going to book the Miracle before I knew what actual upgrades it got, assuming it would've been just like the other Spirit class ships with all the cool upgrades and awesome water park, but glad I didn't!! Ended up going on a Princess cruise from San Pedro to the Mexican Riviera, and Princess does care about what ships they send to the west coast! I was fortunate enough to aboard sail their former flagship the Ruby Princess on her inaugural Mexican riviera This past March!! Now that was an awesome ship they sent to the west coast!!

Can't wait till the day we get a ship with all the bells and whistles!

Edited by Alexv500

I wish they would bring over another ship other than the Splendor. I hate the 3 tier pool deck. How about the Magic or Breeze? But who am I kidding. West coast always gets the short end of the stick. Look at the "upgrades" Miracle recently got.

You guys got the Splendor when she was brand new and could not fill her without extreme discounting. You will get a second shot at her when the new locks of the canal open.

The Splendor fit so I think a Dream class would fit. Where it def would be an issue is with Alaska sailings.

The dream class ships are quite a bit bigger. Plus I am pretty sure Splendor couldnt go to Kawaii. So why would they send a large ship that would be so limited on ports in Hawaii and Alaska. And having a hard time filling it. It wouldn't make any sence. Plus the port in LA has a hard time handling the people on the Miracle. Dream class would be a nightmare.

You guys got the Splendor when she was brand new and could not fill her without extreme discounting.

I've heard that argument before but it doesn't seem to always make sense. Cruises seem to be more expensive in California than where many of the other ships are.

Even just comparing the Splendor, I'm seeing lots of $52-59/night cruises on 6+ day cruises. $59/night is the cheapest we have right now for the Miracle, with $69-70+/night being more common. I watch many of them, especially when booked early saver, and recently I haven't seen many price drops unlike a few years ago.

It might be true for the really short trips to just Catalina/Ensenada, but most people really don't care about those destinations more than once so lowering the price probably isn't as big of a deal since they will make decent money during those 'booze cruises'

You guys got the Splendor when she was brand new and could not fill her without extreme discounting. You will get a second shot at her when the new locks of the canal open.

There were never any "extreme discounting". Splendor sailed full most of the time with prices that were always more then most 7 days from Florida. They moved the ship after the fire, trying to change the image out of Long Beach.

There were never any "extreme discounting". Splendor sailed full most of the time with prices that were always more then most 7 days from Florida. They moved the ship after the fire, trying to change the image out of Long Beach.

I don't know where to start..... Moving the ship because of the fire....really? Trust me the ship was heavily discounted (7 day balconies going for 650/pp). Carnival put a lot of faith in the Calf. market and it bombed...big time. You can label the reason whatever you like (fire, swine flue, landslides, the drug lords in Mexico, the governor, whatever). Calf has a limited market of where to sail to. Of course it sails at a higher price, how many ships do 7 day cruises from the west coast compared to an over saturated Florida market.

BTW, it did fine when it came to New York....don't we have press on the east coast also? huh

Edited by jimbo5544

I've heard that argument before but it doesn't seem to always make sense. Cruises seem to be more expensive in California than where many of the other ships are.

Even just comparing the Splendor, I'm seeing lots of $52-59/night cruises on 6+ day cruises. $59/night is the cheapest we have right now for the Miracle, with $69-70+/night being more common. I watch many of them, especially when booked early saver, and recently I haven't seen many price drops unlike a few years ago.

It might be true for the really short trips to just Catalina/Ensenada, but most people really don't care about those destinations more than once so lowering the price probably isn't as big of a deal since they will make decent money during those 'booze cruises'

How many 7 day cruises (all lines) are there in CA vs FL? Pricing is supply and demand pure and simple. Miracle holds 1000 less customers, that is why it holds the price line.