Carnival Miracle where is she headed in 2016??

AzCruiseGurl

Those ports aren't that bad, people are way too over dramatic about these ports and exaggerate. I was just in Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan 3 weeks ago, and felt very safe, especially in Mazatlan. Lots of security and police everywhere protecting tourists. Loved these ports, and would go back in a heart beat.

There was a cruise critic review that said excursions that had to go on the highway were canceled due to a police ambush the day before. This was last month. Hearing things like those don't make me feel safe.

I don't know much about how Carnival makes these decisions but I predict Miracle will go to Tampa and Splendor will come back here to Long Beach. I will soon see if I'm correct.

There was a cruise critic review that said excursions that had to go on the highway were canceled due to a police ambush the day before. This was last month. Hearing things like those don't make me feel safe.

I was in Mazatlan on March 25 and didn't hear of anything. Everything seemed fine, felt very safe, there is police everywhere and volunteers in blue shirts that guide you and speak English. Loved Mazatlan beautiful place. Lots of families got off, and people on our ship said they felt very safe.

I don't know much about how Carnival makes these decisions but I predict Miracle will go to Tampa and Splendor will come back here to Long Beach. I will soon see if I'm correct.

Would love to have splendor back, I really really REALLY hope they send her back.

I was in Mazatlan on March 25 and didn't hear of anything. Everything seemed fine, felt very safe, there is police everywhere and volunteers in blue shirts that guide you and speak English. Loved Mazatlan beautiful place. Lots of families got off, and people on our ship said they felt very safe.

Happened beginning of April. Mom and Sis are onboard right now. Haven't heard anything about PV from them.

Do we even know what a "police ambush"means?

Did the police have a situation they were handling?

Did someone ambush the police?

Did the police capture bad guys?? It just sounds like what they do in the USA every time they call in a SWAT team.

They evacuate folks, lock down schools, keep traffic away etc. They are doing it as a safety precaution.

Who knows what was going on that day when the roads were closed???

Do we even know what a "police ambush"means?

Did the police have a situation they were handling?

Did someone ambush the police?

Did the police capture bad guys?? It just sounds like what they do in the USA every time they call in a SWAT team.

They evacuate folks, lock down schools, keep traffic away etc. They are doing it as a safety precaution.

Who knows what was going on that day when the roads were closed???

Several police ambushed and murdered by the bad guys.

Please google it. I can't paste a link from my phone. Happened in the town of Soyatlan on April 6.

Did anyone hear any news today on the ships repositioning??

They said today at 10 AM right?? :o

Some were announced but nothing on the west coast. They also announced Carnival Live, but nothing for west coast either.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I don't think the splendor will be going back. If you look she has a schedule out of MIami right up till April 2017.

I know that this may not be what west coast people want to hear, but I would not be surprised if one of the two Fantasy class ships already out there (Imagination or Inspiration) assumes the 7 night itinerary while the other one continues the 3/4 night itinerary. If Carnival is happy sending the Fascination to San Juan to do 7 night itineraries, it's not far fetched to think that Long Beach will have a similar fate.

I know that this may not be what west coast people want to hear, but I would not be surprised if one of the two Fantasy class ships already out there (Imagination or Inspiration) assumes the 7 night itinerary while the other one continues the 3/4 night itinerary. If Carnival is happy sending the Fascination to San Juan to do 7 night itineraries, it's not far fetched to think that Long Beach will have a similar fate.

Hope not, but if this does happen, there's always Princess from San Pedro. They always have good ships sailing from here so if anything happens, many might just switch to Princess. Hopefully Carnival doesn't do this, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

Hope not, but if this does happen, there's always Princess from San Pedro. They always have good ships sailing from here so if anything happens, many might just switch to Princess. Hopefully Carnival doesn't do this, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did.

The problem is that Princess doesn't go to Mexico in the summer (which is when school is off). If it did we might try it too.

If Long Beach loses the Miracle and are only left with two Fantasy Class ships that would mean one of two things:

Carnival would end the 15 night Hawaiian cruises

Or either the Imagination or Inspiration will be used for the Hawaii sailing (I don't see this happening so maybe Hawaii is no longer an option)

My guess is the Inspiration and Miracle are repositioned elsewhere and Long Beach keeps the Imagination and gets another ship.

The true answer though, is no one really knows and Carnival isn't saying...not just yet.

I don't mind losing one of the fantasy class ships. That, or it would be nice if each had their own itinerary. I think one that would do very well would be like a 5 day cruise to Cabo. It would be a hit with cruisers here in California. One ship does the same 3/4 day cruises and the other can do a 5 day cruise to Cabo and maybe even a stop in Catalina? Like what the elation used to do when she was in San Diego a couple years ago. If carnival wants to make more revenue here on the west coast, they gotta change up the itineraries, especially with those two fantasy class ships we have based in Long Beach.

...Well, they need to do something about those two Fantasy class ships...

I find it interesting that neither the Inspiration and Imagination appear in Los Angeles after May 2016 on the Carnival booking engine nor does the Miracle after October 2016.

Edited by Captain Carnival

Based on this link and Kona, Hawaii port schedule Carnival Miracle will be in Kona on January 22, 2017 so seems to hint Miracle will stay in the West Coast? It also looks like that is the only time Miracle will be in Hawaii in all of 2017 based on that schedule..

http://dlnr.hawaii.gov/dobor/files/2013/09/kailuakona-17.pdf