Carnival Miracle where is she headed in 2016??

AzCruiseGurl

I called Carnival yesterday and was told that they plan to sail the Miracle to China in March 2017. I agree that the Chinese economic situation may affect what may happen. If Carnival doesn't think that this is a good business decision in the short term then they may delay the sailing until the economic situation improves.

Best regards,

Bob

I was told by someone while on the Victory who claimed to work in the corporate office that the Miracle was only going over there for a short run to test the market out. Next would be Splendor and then the Miracle would be sent back and forth for seasons like the Legend is for Alaska/Australia. He also said as of now ships and itineraries are being scheduled from Shanghai and that Carnival will be using Costa's current infrastructure.

• 2 months later...
It's not going to Tampa anymore. The Pride is going there for the chartered cruise and the Miracle is staying in Long Beach until March 2017.

Does anyone know what ship will be replacing the Miracle. I am not a fan of it at all, so I'd like to see a nicer ship out here.

Still curious to see who'll replace her here in Long Beach. Anyone got any possible ideas? Would love to hear you guys think would get sent here! I hope they send us a Conquest class ship!

The original plan was to have the Splendor back. Trouble with that will be the Hawaii itin. Think the Splendor is too big for Kauai.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The original plan was to have the Splendor back. Trouble with that will be the Hawaii itin. Think the Splendor is too big for Kauai.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Splendor has been to Hawaii before.........

Are you shore this ain't 2017 and not 2016. We are booked for Hawaii Nov 26, 2016 cruise. Nobody has notified me and I am the TA about the cruise being canceled. Of course if the Legend takes her place they are the exact ship except name and that could work.

So it looks like both Miracle and Splendor will be going to China. Miracle in 2017 and Splendor in 2018. I wonder what will replace it? .

I read a news brief on CCL's page that this is true. Both Miracle and Splendor will be going to China, and Legend will replace Miracle.

I have not sailed on Miracle or Legend. Wondering about the Legend. DS and DIL want us to sail Legend to Hawaii with them. We usually sail Princess, so am not sure how this will go. :)

Patti

Everything has been pushed back a year. Miracle isn't going to China until 2018 now and Splendor in 2019. The rumor I've heard from a cpl different people at Carnival is whichever port Vista 2 calls home, will send a ship to the west coast. My PVP is thinking it will be a Conquest Ship. I'm personally hoping for a Dream Class. Vista 2 to Port Canaveral and Magic to long beach.

Everything has been pushed back a year. Miracle isn't going to China until 2018 now and Splendor in 2019. The rumor I've heard from a cpl different people at Carnival is whichever port Vista 2 calls home, will send a ship to the west coast. My PVP is thinking it will be a Conquest Ship. I'm personally hoping for a Dream Class. Vista 2 to Port Canaveral and Magic to long beach.

Interesting....I will check the Conquest class. We haven't sailed with CCL for a few years, and I feel out of the loop. :)

Patti

Really hope we get at least a Conquest class ship! Just got off the Glory 2 weeks ago and I LOVED that class of ship, and I think a ship that size would do great here in Long Beach! It'd be nice to have the Glory from here, she's a beautiful ship!

I read a news brief on CCL's page that this is true. Both Miracle and Splendor will be going to China, and Legend will replace Miracle.

I have not sailed on Miracle or Legend. Wondering about the Legend. DS and DIL want us to sail Legend to Hawaii with them. We usually sail Princess, so am not sure how this will go. :)

Patti

Ugh...I do NOT like this class of ship!! What a shame. :(

Really hope we get at least a Conquest class ship! Just got off the Glory 2 weeks ago and I LOVED that class of ship, and I think a ship that size would do great here in Long Beach! It'd be nice to have the Glory from here, she's a beautiful ship!

Somone correct me if I'm wrong, please. I don't understand why Carnival doesn't put the major 2.0 upgrades on the ships that go to Hawaii or Alaska. I guess that means the West Coast is not a very valuable market

Miracle was supposed to go to Tampa this year and then plans were changed for it go to China and then those plans got pushed back. Hopefully now that Inspiration and soon Imagination have the 2.0 upgrades, the west coast will get a ship with them after Miracle. Keep Splendor back east until it goes to China, and give us a fully upgraded 2.0 ship.

Miracle was supposed to go to Tampa this year and then plans were changed for it go to China and then those plans got pushed back. Hopefully now that Inspiration and soon Imagination have the 2.0 upgrades, the west coast will get a ship with them after Miracle. Keep Splendor back east until it goes to China, and give us a fully upgraded 2.0 ship.

:)We don't want the Splendor back either. The first time we sailed was the flu epidemic. We went to Cabo and turned around and went to SF--wearing sandals and in the rain.

The second time we thought about booking was when she was adrift.

We aren't tempting fate. :D

I wouldn't mind a Conquest class though.

Patti

:)We don't want the Splendor back either. The first time we sailed was the flu epidemic. We went to Cabo and turned around and went to SF--wearing sandals and in the rain.

Patti

Somone correct me if I'm wrong, please. I don't understand why Carnival doesn't put the major 2.0 upgrades on the ships that go to Hawaii or Alaska. I guess that means the West Coast is not a very valuable market

Market aside, the logical reason is that the "large" ship for the west coast also will do some time in the land down under. That is per of the reason that it is not a full 2.0 ship. The rest is also mainly logistics of getting a ship there (canal issues).

we are booked on Miracle April 8 2017....

I just got off phone with Carnival.

They sre STILL booking after October 2016, contrary to OP.

They have no knowledge of Miracle being moved.

Why hasn't anyone else, that I have noticed, mentioned this??

Is th OP referring maybe to after Oct 2017??

Any help is appreciated.

Any help is appreciated.

Go ahead and browse through this thread; you should get the story.

Any help is appreciated.

It had been talked about in this thread as well as Dancing of Ships. Miracle is now not scheduled to move until 2018.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I think Carnival should send Conquest, or maybe a Sunshine-d Fantasy class ship to Australia full time, and have the Spirit go between AU and Alaska, which could free up the Legend. We need another Spirit class here, that could open Tampa again for longer cruises, and maybe in the summer months it could open Europe again. Australian cruises sell very nicely, I don't see why they can't move Conquest down there. And if they took a Fantasy class ship, and did something similar to the Sunshine (one with the balconies already would work) an gut the whole thing and remake it for the chinese market, they'd have a good ship for China as well.

I also hope Splendor stays on the East coast until she is moved to China. I am personally hoping for a Miami-Barcelona TA, then Barcelona-Dubai Suez Canal, then Dubai-Singapore cruise like Quantum did. But in reality I know they will most likely wait for the Panama Canal to open after construction.

Edited by cruisexlife

Patti

You do know that the Splendor is basically a Conquest class ship that is only slightly larger don't you?

You do know that the Splendor is basically a Conquest class ship that is only slightly larger don't you?

The upper deck configuration is different, better in my opinion. Splendor also has Spa Carnival with the Spa staterooms, while Conquest class ships do not. And you're right, it is a bit larger.

I would take Splendor over Conquest, the upper deck design is so much nicer, and I love Spa cabins!

I think Carnival should send Conquest, or maybe a Sunshine-d Fantasy class ship to Australia full time, and have the Spirit go between AU and Alaska, which could free up the Legend. We need another Spirit class here, that could open Tampa again for longer cruises, and maybe in the summer months it could open Europe again. Australian cruises sell very nicely, I don't see why they can't move Conquest down there. And if they took a Fantasy class ship, and did something similar to the Sunshine (one with the balconies already would work) an gut the whole thing and remake it for the chinese market, they'd have a good ship for China as well.

I also hope Splendor stays on the East coast until she is moved to China. I am personally hoping for a Miami-Barcelona TA, then Barcelona-Dubai Suez Canal, then Dubai-Singapore cruise like Quantum did. But in reality I know they will most likely wait for the Panama Canal to open after construction.

Personally I don't think Carnival is too worried about Tampa, especially with so many other options so close. Until they build a port outside the bridge, that doesn't have to fight the fog as much, I wouldn't expect Tampa to get another ship outside of the Fantasy class. I think a big reason they send the Spirit class to Aus/China is that the cruising speed of those ships and fuel economy are better than the other bigger ships, so it costs them less. Spirit class ships are the fastest in the fleet and the Captain of the Miracle told me that they get the best fuel economy too.