Getting thrown off the ship?

Sounds like a bad start to a relationship, imho. [emoji53] If she tells him she is uncomfortable breaking the rules, and he does it anyway, it says a lot about him.

Totally agree. It says a lot about her that she doesn't respect her boyfriend's choices. :D

I don't understand, why would cigarettes be smuggled?

Many thought it was a test run to see if they'd get caught. If not, then something other than tobacco may have been on the return home.

They run drug sniffing dogs at the port, and once our embarkation was delayed because the dogs found something.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4819

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1626001

BF should get enough alcohol w/o breaking the rules. He can bring two bottles of wine onboard. In addition, there's free alcohol at the Welcome Aboard party, more at the Welcome Back party (if he's a returning member), also they offer free alcohol the first night in the shops.

To me, unless the OP is a millionaire, getting him a drink package is more than I'd want to spend.

Maybe.

But if this was a deal breaker, the divorce rate would be even higher. Thinking it would be pretty hard to find a married couple that did not have a few disagreements along these lines.

If his cruise fare is not yet at a point where it is financially difficult to just absorb the cost of his not going, I would uninvite him. She has clearly expressed that she is against this behavior. Whether it is permissible to do so, and whether they throw him off or throw his booze away- it seems to be that both are irrelevant. She, as a person he should care about, has let him know in no uncertain terms that she is against this idea.

For him to blatantly disregard her feelings and to do so taking advantage of a cruise with her family, it seems he has no regard for her. I would HOPE he would get kicked off the ship in a port far from home. What an idiot!

OP, Tell your friend that the recommendation is that she kicks him off the passenger manifest before he even checks in.

Edited by legaljen1969
Forgot something.

I am asking this question on behalf of a friend's boyfriend . Shes a regular RC cruiser and goes each summer and she is taking her new boyfriend with her. He wants to sneak alcohol on board and has been researching means to do so (first cruise for him). She is not a drinker and is petrified he will be thrown off the ship and has given him all the official stuff from their policy and he has given her examples of people getting through hes read about it. She asked me and I drew a blank and said I would ask about. I sail with a line that seems more relaxed about it all and have never heard of anyone been thrown off Carnival so could not help.

So my question is, has anyone ever got thrown off a RC ship for Booze smuggling?

They will be on a Summer Baltic cruise.

Even though you posted this three times, I still read the post where she says it is her boyfriend. Huh?

First sentence clearly states FRIENDS BF:)

Friend and boyfriend going on the cruise together, hes promised not to smuggle anything but shes going to check his bags anyway. She was comforted by the fact no-one had been thrown off for alcohol smuggling (that anyone knew of anyway) and says shes never seen him blind drunk so that issue should fine.

Thanks again helpful posters, you know who you are. :)

As for the rest, I hope you are more courteous when new CC members come with questions.

Peace out.

Edited by Velvetwater

Friend and boyfriend going on the cruise together, hes promised not to smuggle anything but shes going to check his bags anyway. She was comforted by the fact no-one had been thrown off for alcohol smuggling (that anyone knew of anyway) and says shes never seen him blind drunk so that issue should fine.

As for the rest, I hope you are more courteous when new CC members come with questions.

Peace out.

Wise decision. I'm sure you all will have an awesome time.

Yes, that's pretty much what I said. It just seemed from your previous comment that you were suggesting they couldn't possible put someone off the ship after they were already out to sea. They most certainly could, and do, but it would be for more than just bringing alcohol aboard.

And I do think it's a valid warning that, if you get into any trouble related to drunkenness on the ship, having alcohol in your stateroom that you snuck aboard will certainly not endear you to the ship's officers and could put you over the line for getting kicked off. But just the alcohol itself, without any other incident, would likely result in no more than getting your alcohol taken away.

No, we're on the same page. I was just pointing out the lack of logic in the "OMG, you'll be kicked off the boat immediately!" idea.

If you look at my past threads/posts they clearly show I am married and a Carnival cruiser at present with a Baltic cruise already done and dusted. If I wanted to cruise RCL my thread would be 'we want to sneak booze on RCL...how safe is it?'...Im not shy!

I asked for advice not random useless comments.

Nick and Karen thanks for the responses. Like myself my friend and her fella are UK citizens so Baltic cruises are very cheap as they often sail from these shores.

A friend's nephew was kicked out of a RCCL cruise after two strikes. The nephew, was 20 yo and not allowed to drink legally on the cruise. During check in alcohol was found on one of his checked bags, he was called to the naughty room and the booze was confiscated. That same night the guy still managed to get drunk and punched a crew member... Well, two strikes and he was out of the cruise the next morning or day #2 of a NYE family cruise. His mom and girlfriend also left with him.

Please, tell your friends that they are allowed to bring two bottles of wine with them, and to follow the rules. I've read here of passengers being blacklisted by cruise lines.IMHO is not worth it.

Edited by drarill

Peace out.

So glad to hear she isn't going to have to fret about this as she plans. Hope she has a great trip! [emoji4]

lol naughty room x3 for me...iron...to burn people lol jk

If caught you are summoned down to naughty room to open your luggage and if it is truly smuggled they will keep, and may give back last night. You have to now drag that luggage to your room.

If he throws a fit at them! That may get him thrown off, or at least warning/watch which all is going to put him most likely in a crappy mood which will probably lead to not better times is just a guess! Not a pleasant start to a 1st cruise.

New boyfriend on a cruise is a recipe for disaster even without the booze, trust me, I speak from experience !!!! Parents along, yikes, adds to the drama...
Yeah, I thought the same thing.
A friend's nephew was kicked out of a RCCL cruise after two strikes. The nephew, was 20 yo and not allowed to drink legally on the cruise. During check in alcohol was found on one of his checked bags, he was called to the naughty room and the booze was confiscated. That same night the guy still managed to get drunk and punched a crew member... Well, two strikes and he was out of the cruise the next morning or day #2 of a NYE family cruise. His mom and girlfriend also left with him.

Please, tell your friends that they are allowed to bring two bottles of wine with them, and to follow the rules. I've read here of passengers being blacklisted by cruise lines.IMHO is not worth it.

Well, he earned his kick-off the boat. You can't assault people and expect good things to happen.

On our last Hawaii cruise in 2006, DH & I found some of those airline bottles of booze in an ABC store and bought a few to have on our balcony.

This was on Celebrity and they were searching our stuff (purse and hip pack) and scanning us w/the wands before allowing us on the tenders. DH put a couple in his pocket w/his change and a couple by his belt buckle. I put 2 in my underwire bra and we passed through Security ok.

Back in the room, I was telling him I felt like a criminal even though we had a good laugh about it.

Sue