Our Carnival Pride Spring Break cruise - 4/5/15 (with pics)

Jamman54

Have never ordered room service, but the shrimp salad was on my "one of these days" list. I guess it's too late now! :( This is making me even MORE excited to finally set sail on Pride! What were the Platinum gifts? LOVING this beautiful NJ weather this weekend! :)

Love you review! Thanks so much! We sail next week. Do you have any Fun Times that you can post. Thanks!

Thanks for reading. I might post all of the fun times later in the review.

I always read your reviews and am excited to read this one! Booked the Pride this past week for next month (I never booked this close to sailing!). Have been on her several times in the past and excited to see the upgrades!

Can you tell me where the Bonsai sushi is? Can place where it's at.

You will love the upgrades. Bonsai Sushi is located on Deck 2 starboard side, just off the atrium.

Have never ordered room service, but the shrimp salad was on my "one of these days" list. I guess it's too late now! :( This is making me even MORE excited to finally set sail on Pride! What were the Platinum gifts? LOVING this beautiful NJ weather this weekend! :)

Karen, I will miss the shrimp salad, but will like the hot options. The Platinum gift was the portable game board

Here are Dian Ayu and Neichulu, my two favorite ladies at the Serenity Bar…..

CP0191_5.JPG

I hung out at the Serenity Bar until about 7pm, and then made my way back to the cabin to get ready for our first night’s dinner. I stepped out on the balcony and saw that we were about to sail under the Chesapeake Bay Bridge…..

CP0191.JPG

CP0192.JPG

CP0195.JPG

CP0197.JPG

CP0198.JPG

To be continued……

Dian Ayu was our favorite bartender on the Pride back in February. She treated us very well and we were definitely frequent customers of hers. Nice to see her smile again, and loving your review so far!

Sorry to see the shrimp salad sandwich go..it was one of my faves..along with the strip steak...Guess I am behind the times...there will be hot choices on the RS menu? And some you will have to pay for? Hmmm...guess I better catch up on what is happening...thanks for all the info you give out!

But....your review is making me go to the Carnival site and look at Pride sailings:eek:

Sorry to see the shrimp salad sandwich go..it was one of my faves..along with the strip steak...Guess I am behind the times...there will be hot choices on the RS menu? And some you will have to pay for? Hmmm...guess I better catch up on what is happening...thanks for all the info you give out!

But....your review is making me go to the Carnival site and look at Pride sailings:eek:

Thanks for reading! And yes, they are trying a new room service menu on several ships, the Pride being one of them. There are several LONG threads on this subject to be found here on CC.

Dian Ayu was our favorite bartender on the Pride back in February. She treated us very well and we were definitely frequent customers of hers. Nice to see her smile again, and loving your review so far!

Yes, she was my favorite of this cruise. Thanks for reading!

I love your review so far! We will be returning to the Pride next May. I'm really excited to see all the new upgrades :D

Thanks for following along!!

We saiied Pride out of Baltimore July 2010 & they had Karaoke every night in a lounge that was directly beneath the piano lounge but it looks like now it is in the Butterfly same as comedy so I guess there's no late night Karaoke or Legends show?

Thanks for the show schedule. My DH loves night time deck parties so it looks like he will be happily chugging down the pepto after devouring those spicy delights at midnight

Any good movies

2 more weeks til blast off. Can't wait to read more of your fabulous review. GREAT FOREPLAY!

Thank you so much for this review! I too will be on the Pride in five weeks, for the fourth time. We met Ayu and she is one of our favorites too! We were hoping she would be on this next cruise, so I was so happy to see you got a picture of her. Can't wait to try a Guy's burger!

We saiied Pride out of Baltimore July 2010 & they had Karaoke every night in a lounge that was directly beneath the piano lounge but it looks like now it is in the Butterfly same as comedy so I guess there's no late night Karaoke or Legends show?

Thanks for the show schedule. My DH loves night time deck parties so it looks like he will be happily chugging down the pepto after devouring those spicy delights at midnight

Any good movies

2 more weeks til blast off. Can't wait to read more of your fabulous review. GREAT FOREPLAY!

The lounge where the Karaoke used to be is now the Red Frog Pub. Thanks for reading!

Thanks for the review. We sail on Pride in 5 weeks.

Thank you so much for this review! I too will be on the Pride in five weeks, for the fourth time. We met Ayu and she is one of our favorites too! We were hoping she would be on this next cruise, so I was so happy to see you got a picture of her. Can't wait to try a Guy's burger!

It won't be long for you guys now. I should have this review done before then.

Thanks for taking the time to post your review and pictures. I'm looking forward to the rest of the review. Keep it coming!

Really enjoying the review. We are going in October and I am excited to see the 2.0 upgrades.

Thanks for reading!!

It may just be me but it seems that there is an improvement opportunity with the Muster drill. That seemed like a LONG time to stand out there waiting. Other lines have it down pat quickly AND they take the time to either swipe everyone's card or check them off a room roster.

I cannot imagine how difficult it would be for me to keep the little ones quiet for that length of time.

I'm all about safety and realize this is very important but goodness! Starting over 30 mins late? Crazy!!

It may just be me but it seems that there is an improvement opportunity with the Muster drill. That seemed like a LONG time to stand out there waiting. Other lines have it down pat quickly AND they take the time to either swipe everyone's card or check them off a room roster.

I cannot imagine how difficult it would be for me to keep the little ones quiet for that length of time.

I'm all about safety and realize this is very important but goodness! Starting over 30 mins late? Crazy!!

I think you misunderstood me. The drill itself started 30 minutes after it was supposed to. we were not outside waiting for it to start. We were only out there 20 minutes.

Did we get a chance to meet?

No, unfortunately not, I saw you and your family pull in when they started to let all the cars in, but that was it!

If I ran into you I was going to thank you, in one of your earlier reviews you wrote about your cabana and I booked one that night. Even though we were in boarding group 3, we lucked out and got the last remote cabana-15. I never would have known about it otherwise, and it was a highlight of the trip for me!

No, unfortunately not, I saw you and your family pull in when they started to let all the cars in, but that was it!

If I ran into you I was going to thank you, in one of your earlier reviews you wrote about your cabana and I booked one that night. Even though we were in boarding group 3, we lucked out and got the last remote cabana-15. I never would have known about it otherwise, and it was a highlight of the trip for me!

So glad that you were able to get a cabana. They are sooooooo worth it!

Subscribed. I love to read reviews of cruisers on the same cruise as me and get their perspective. I'm still busy trying to get all my pictures ready before starting my review and needed a break.

It's funny how I'm learning things by reading your review that I didn't even know (like the room service...I didn't realize that our cruise we could still order it without a charge :(). Oh well.

Thanks for taking the time to do the review. I know how much time and work go into those things and once again sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you because I didn't want to interrupt your game. :)

It looks like it was cool on sail away day, how was the weather the next day? We are going in early October and I plan on the sail away to be cool but hoping the first full sea day isn't.

It was still a little cool the next morning, but it warmed up to into the 70's by the afternoon.