Ovation of the Sea is COMING to Australia & New Zealand!!!

At work today, I put a hold on a cabin for the Jan 23rd Syd to Singapore cruise.

In a bit of a rush, I missed the Promotion code for the $50 OBC.

Is there a way to apply this after booking?

I don't want to cancel and then rebook, as that will cost me a few hundred dollars (Prices have gone up), to get $50 back...

At work today, I put a hold on a cabin for the Jan 23rd Syd to Singapore cruise.

In a bit of a rush, I missed the Promotion code for the $50 OBC.

Is there a way to apply this after booking?

I don't want to cancel and then rebook, as that will cost me a few hundred dollars (Prices have gone up), to get $50 back...

I just emailed my online TA and they fixed it up for me. I just did a screen grab of the code and sent it to them.

I just emailed my online TA and they fixed it up for me. I just did a screen grab of the code and sent it to them.

I've booked online with RCCL. I'll try them tomorrow, but was hoping there was more than one chance to put the code in online :)

Thanks.

I've booked online with RCCL. I'll try them tomorrow, but was hoping there was more than one chance to put the code in online :)

Thanks.

Hi Brewz

When you go to make a payment on the RCCL site there is drop down box which says apply a coupon, click on OBC, then it gives an option to apply a code

hope that helps

Chez

Edited by cheznandy

Hi Brewz

When you go to make a payment on the RCCL site there is drop down box which says apply a coupon, click on OBC, then it gives an option to apply a code

hope that helps

Chez

I tried that, the OBC option only allows 4 characters. The other options don't seem appropriate categories.

I will try a phone call tomorrow, if that doesn't work, as timtam2 said, 'Oh well, its only $50' :)

I tried that, the OBC option only allows 4 characters. The other options don't seem appropriate categories.

I will try a phone call tomorrow, if that doesn't work, as timtam2 said, 'Oh well, its only $50' :)

Just tried, Didn't work for me either:(

They may get a few phonecalls tomorrow, if Sarah said a TA was able to apply it to the booking, I am sure the call centre can.......the $100 will be needed for drinks and all the extras:p

Booked the NYE one, thought it was a good price when I checked all the other ships doing NYE from Sydney, thinking back we paid $1600 for 6 nights on QM2 and thought we got a good deal:eek: Put a hold on early this morning, luckily as prices have gone up as the lower cats are unavailable......till tomorrow when all the holds expire!

Chez

Edited by cheznandy

Get your $50 OBC - Royal can add it for you. Just takes a phone call.

I had booked my Ovation cruise before I got the code email & when I rang to pay my deposit they said they will escalate it & new docs will be sent showing the OBC.

I didn't have to tell them what the code was they knew all about it.

Just tried, Didn't work for me either:(

They may get a few phonecalls tomorrow, if Sarah said a TA was able to apply it to the booking, I am sure the call centre can.......the $100 will be needed for drinks and all the extras:p

Booked the NYE one, thought it was a good price when I checked all the other ships doing NYE from Sydney, thinking back we paid $1600 for 6 nights on QM2 and thought we got a good deal:eek: Put a hold on early this morning, luckily as prices have gone up as the lower cats are unavailable......till tomorrow when all the holds expire!

Chez

Hi Chez,

Steve and I booked the NYE cruise too!

Deb

The 10 day prices are showing already...but not bookable until tomorrow.

Fri 30 Dec 2016 $1,849..Inside

$185 per day $2,199...oceanview

$220 per day $2,499...balcony

$250 per day $3,699...suite

$370 per day

Inside price on RCCL this am is $2,284

Yikes!

Yes, the prices seem to keep going up and up.

In a hurry, I booked on the phone to RC yesterday morning. They are holding the booking for a few days until I have to pay the $400 deposit. I also got the $50 OBC.

But I was surprised to see that a whole lot of US websites are also offering the new Ovation cruises, of course with all sorts of much higher OBC's and other perks.

Bit annoyed because I had read that the US agents weren't to be selling the Ovation cruises until August - maybe I misunderstood. Now its too late anyway to change to another travel agent because all the good cabins/categories are gone.

Has anyone ever transferred their booking from RCL to another agent in order to receive more perks?

Did anyone check their "My cruises" this morning and see gratuities automatically added after deposit paid?

When I booked yesterday I didn't click to have them added at time of booking, but they are there this morning.

Is this because it is Dynamic dining?

Chez

Did anyone check their "My cruises" this morning and see gratuities automatically added after deposit paid?

When I booked yesterday I didn't click to have them added at time of booking, but they are there this morning.

Is this because it is Dynamic dining?

Chez

I believe gratuities on RCI are added for Australian cruisers on deposit and non negotiable, i.e. you cannot remove/reduce them.

I believe gratuities on RCI are added for Australian cruisers on deposit and non negotiable, i.e. you cannot remove/reduce them.

Hi Les,

We have done a couple of Royal cruises and a couple more booked. We always choose Mytime dining and have to pay the gratuities upfront, no problem, although I dont agree with it:rolleyes: (paying upfront that is)

Dining on Princess we can choose either Anytime or Traditional and there is no discrimination, they are added on daily.......and we can use our OBC for them.

Anyway....Was just wondering if anyone else had theirs added after they paid the deposit on the hold?

I am guessing if there is no Traditional dining all gratuities will be paid upfront.

No matter which cruiseline we pay the gratuity and tip selected staff in cash.

Chez

I spoke to other passengers when we were on the Voyager who said that they had their gratuities removed because they did said Australian's did not tip so they were not going to pay them.

They have relaxed the pre paid gratuities rule recently according to my travel agent. I also saw this quote from RCI on their Facebook page about yesterday -

Royal Caribbean International - For the guest's convenience, we have removed the mandatory requirement for pre-paid gratuities when booking My Time Dining. To have them removed, simply call us on 1800 754 500 and the team will be happy to help!

They have relaxed the pre paid gratuities rule recently according to my travel agent. I also saw this quote from RCI on their Facebook page about yesterday -

Royal Caribbean International - For the guest's convenience, we have removed the mandatory requirement for pre-paid gratuities when booking My Time Dining. To have them removed, simply call us on 1800 754 500 and the team will be happy to help!

Interesting, it is almost like they are encouraging the removal of the gratuities.

Gosh. Glad I booked our 30th Dec NYE Cruise earlier in the week. Checked today and GS's have gone up more than $3,000 on both RCI and online TA sites and looks like there's only 1 GS left anyway. Demand must be there to justify the increases.

Gosh. Glad I booked our 30th Dec NYE Cruise earlier in the week. Checked today and GS's have gone up more than $3,000 on both RCI and online TA sites and looks like there's only 1 GS left anyway. Demand must be there to justify the increases.

Yep, prices going up,up up, they seem to be very popular and so far (not surprisingly) all aussies on the roll call.:D

Edited by MicCanberra