Ovation of the Sea is COMING to Australia & New Zealand!!!

OMG i cant believe the prices! $9200 for 4 us us in 1 interior for the 14 night NZ cruise, i only paid $3963 for 11 nights on explorer. Hoping the year after prices are cheaper!

Bit too much hype. So they charge what they want!

I am going to go to US and do Anthem while Ovation is here. Pretty funny.

Raina

marinating I have just put a hold on the Repo back to Singapore! The RCC Aust site is currently unavailable for online bookings so I had to go through the U.S. site.

I'm currently on the Legend on the way to Darwin on the Singapore Repo, the future cruise desk yesterday insisted that the cruise wouldn't be available to book until Friday morning, disputed my emails from RCC as incorrect! I'm hoping that this morning I will be able to book with them the cabin that I have on-hold and get the onboard credit! So excited!

Well I eventually got onto the Aus website at 5.00am and put a hold on a stateroom, spoke to the Future Cruise desk this morning and the price has gone up approx $350, she stated that the ship is half sold for the Repos cruise and prices were going up to reflect the demand! Decided to stick with my hold and pay deposit on-line, but no, cards not being accepted! Future cruise desk said site very busy. I'm hoping this is all, they won't take my deposit or have any ideas. I've sent off an email to RCC Aus for help. Feeling helpless at sea!

Congratulations to all those already booked!

Marina

What an ugly looking ship, not my cup of tea, like a floating block of flats, almost as bad as Norweigan Epic.

Stand by for incoming from the RCI cheer leaders. !!!

Edited by NSWP

What an ugly looking ship, not my cup of tea, like a floating block of flats, almost as bad as Norweigan Epic.

Stand by for incoming from the RCI cheer leaders. !!!

Yep, agree, not the most attractive ship, however I won't see it when I am on it :)

I thought about it too. But its not tempting me at that price. There is nothing attractive about the ports and I not going to pay that sort of money to experience a ship.

Hmmm. It keeps sucking me back. I can get inside cabin for solo price on for $3034. Cat Q.

Edited by icat2000

UPDATE - I asked Royal via Facebook about the booking code & 13 minutes ago they replied we will get an email this morning regards that.

Just received the email with the booking code....$50 OBC

I harassed them on FB as well since last night & finally received my discount code email 30 minutes ago.

$50 OBC is nice, better than a lanyard!! :D

Yep, agree, not the most attractive ship, however I won't see it when I am on it :)

Exactly!

I find most of the larger ships less attractive, but they offer so much more & that is what Ovation is about for us - something new & different than what we have done over & again from Australia.

Especially keen to experience the Two70 shows, the main production show, try a different restaurant every night, the iFly, & the cascading pools in the adults solarium.

I have been to NZ already a few times & I may just stay on board in some ports & enjoy the ship. :D

Its a little bit miserable the OBC offer. They could at least bump it up :D But better than nothing.

Considering it's a bonus for just signing up to an email I think it's good & better than I expected actually. 20 000 people signed up apparently, so they couldn't offer anything too extravagant!

I thought it may be just a discount off a specialty restaurant or something like that. So I'm pleased, small fish are sweet as they say. :)

Considering it's a bonus for just signing up to an email I think it's good & better than I expected actually. 20 000 people signed up apparently, so they couldn't offer anything too extravagant!

I thought it may be just a discount off a specialty restaurant or something like that. So I'm pleased, small fish are sweet as they say. :)

20,000 signing up and getting 20,000 people booking a little bit different.

Edited by icat2000

My friend is booking via online ta - been told its $1000pp deposit for ovation. Anyone else been told this? Legit ta she has used several times before.

I have just booked the 10 day cruise to New Zealand, departing on the 30 December.

I booked the cruise with CruiseAbout here in Australia and only had to pay $200 deposit!

My friend is booking via online ta - been told its $1000pp deposit for ovation. Anyone else been told this? Legit ta she has used several times before.

Time for a new TA. I booked a cabin with online TA and only had to pay $100 deposit (non refundable). I haven't paid it yet but I have my booking. You do have to pay the cruise ahead of time. But I have paid the full deposit and gotten the later payment time later on with previous cruises booked with them.

Through the RCCL website the deposit was noted as $400 on my docs instead of the usual $800 for 2 people.

I stopped using T/A's a while back, prefer to be able to speak with Royal directly about my booking if needed.

thank you. What a rort! I will tell her to book elsewhere. Not a very nice way to treat to a client who has used them several times previously. Preying on her eagerness methinks.

Definitely, I would be telling that agent exactly why I was not putting the booking through them though!

OMG i cant believe the prices! $9200 for 4 us us in 1 interior for the 14 night NZ cruise, i only paid $3963 for 11 nights on explorer.

That Explorer price looks a good deal. Under $1000 pp for an 11N cruise! Was that something like a 3rd and 4th free or something?

That Explorer price looks a good deal. Under $1000 pp for an 11N cruise! Was that something like a 3rd and 4th free or something?

It was in the last BOGO sale. It was buy one get one half price then 50% off kids fares. Think it was something like $2k first passenger, $1k second then $500 for third and forth including tips.

Good stuff! I bet for a better price than us Aussies as well?

I just booked the cabin I was wanting for the New Years Eve cruise.

Also I note the RCCL website here is still showing the warning at the bottom of the page that online bookings are not working?? Someone forgot to remove it I think.

UPDATE - I asked Royal via Facebook about the booking code & 13 minutes ago they replied we will get an email this morning regards that.

Actually, the US price was about $70 more than the AUD price, but we like booking conditions and perks that will be offered by our travel agent over here better!