Ovation of the Sea is COMING to Australia & New Zealand!!!

Many have complained about us only getting old hand-me-down ships and now the newest!!

I know the itineries are not out yet, but does anyone know where she is going to be coming from when she comes downunder - maybe the repo to here would be a good option?

Edited by mr walker

Cruise Guru have said that she will offer 5 different South Pacific itineraries, though not sure how true that is.

She could dock at Noumea. (I think:confused:)

Where else in the South Pacific?

Even NZ ports could be limited.:eek:

However , a ship like that is a destination in itself.

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

Many have complained about us only getting old hand-me-down ships and now the newest!!

I know the itineries are not out yet, but does anyone know where she is going to be coming from when she comes downunder - maybe the repo to here would be a good option?

Her last known whereabouts is in Singapore in June 2016, so maybe from there.

She will coming down from cruising in Asia.

Maybe Suva?... But yeh i don't care where she goes...As long as i'm on it

Noumea, Lautoka, Fiji.

There is also Nuku'Alofa, Tonga and Pago Pago, American Samoa.

and Depends if she is going to do tender ports.

For NZ I think Auckland (Don't know where they will put her mind you!), Tauranga (maybe, if the harbour is deep enough for her), Wellington, Port Chalmers, Fiordland.

I think Royal Caribbean said about doing tenders with her, so that could mean Akaroa and Bay of islands??

What about Picton??, The Queen Mary 2 got in ok, (mind you she had to tender, so if the Ovation of the Seas does tenders).

She may be big but at least she's new! In my mind this class will be a destination in itself, ideally I'd like to be on a small ship too but if I'm honest I wouldn't be cruising even once a year on a prestige one. A new ship however big will be wonderful for RCI here and I've already asked for more details when available.

(Probably explains RCI s huge advertising push here too. )

Just received my pre launch registration email from Royal - looking forward to seeing where she goes. :)

Will definitely try her once at least but if they don't start shaking up the itineraries a little at least on some of the ships for us keen cruisers it will be disappointing.

Would love something that went via Cairns to PNG, Philippines etc out of Sydney. Or add in Samoa & Tonga for a change.

We need more Sydney to Sydney cruises to Asia etc not just the repo cruises - I prefer not to have to fly one way. I'd rather add the cost of the flight to a longer or more expensive cruise.

But I do applaud RCCL for giving us such a new & innovative ship to experience from Sydney regardless of the itinerary. :D

I'll give it a go! I've been a little unsure of the huge ships but at the same time I'd really like to try it at least once. I looked quite longingly at Allure/Oasis, but the flights to Florida make it such a big and expensive once-in-a-lifetime kind of trip. Sailing from Australia, I'm in!

Very excited to hear we're getting a new ship with the latest everything :)

Noumea, Lautoka, Fiji.

There is also Nuku'Alofa, Tonga and Pago Pago, American Samoa.

and Depends if she is going to do tender ports.

For NZ I think Auckland (Don't know where they will put her mind you!), Tauranga (maybe, if the harbour is deep enough for her), Wellington, Port Chalmers, Fiordland.

I think Royal Caribbean said about doing tenders with her, so that could mean Akaroa and Bay of islands??

What about Picton??, The Queen Mary 2 got in ok, (mind you she had to tender, so if the Ovation of the Seas does tenders).

I am pretty sure she will be tendering, since one of the big reasons Royal made this class of ship was to allow for tendering. If they don't it would be a massive waste. I was saying to my family when they announced the class, that I could easily see one of the ship being homeported out here. Glad to see I was right. As the class would just we wasted in the Caribbean due to the huge selection of docks.

When we were on Radiance in February we were told that Radiance would be leaving at the end of the 2017 season.

Heard the same thing, I would say this is the replacement, but they are bring it out a year early due to demand for a new ship, then removing the Radiance after demand dies down.

Don't really see why it cant go where Voyager goes David The length of Ovation is 37m longer than Voyager but its Draft is .300mm less and Beam is 6.6m less than Voyager Bit of a difference in tonnage Ovation is 30.000tons heavier so iam no expert but by those figures it should be able to do the same as Voyager I think .Nice to have a brand new ship down under

I believe Royal Caribbean have just pledged a large sum to upgrade Port Vila terminal. I imagine this will be in time for Ovation.

Container terminal at Nouméa would probably handle it as well.

Received my RCI email today and registered for when itineraries are to be released. Worth trying Ovation at least once, we might even like it!

Just as we were informed onboard Radiance last Nov that a Quantum class ship could be expected in Australia sooner than later.

But will be interested to see what happens to Radiance, Voyager or Explorer.

We are doing a repo cruise this Friday.

Sydney-Brisbane-airlie beach-cairns-Darwin-Bali-Singapore

Happy to cruise this itinerary on ovation or 1 to NZ.

We don't mind flying back from a location.

I wonder if this is a semi permanent placement or just a couple of cruises, hopefully year round but most likely semi permanent. This might replace the Radiance since it is apparently due to go pretty soon.

My understanding is 5 cruises out of Sydney

Barry

When we were on Radiance in February we were told that Radiance would be leaving at the end of the 2017 season.

Yep, just off the Radiance, staff from the dining room to the cabin stewards were all saying that the Radiance was only doing one more season in Australia.

A few mentioned the Jewel as the replacement but were not sure as they had not been told.....but I think they will all know now that it will be the Ovation of the Seas.

Chez

My understanding is 5 cruises out of Sydney

Barry

Read the same in an article by Financial Review with cruises around Australia and NZ. Leaving in April 2017 for China. It will be interesting to see the itineraries if this timeline is right - almost 4 months here and only 5 cruises.

It states Ovation to be in Australia and alternating seasons with cruises from China in the future.

Will just have to wait and see.