Ovation of the Sea is COMING to Australia & New Zealand!!!

Just on Sunrise this morning, Gavin Smith stated Ovation will be coming to Australia from Asia via Freemantle and heading back to Asia via Brisbane, so a few clues there re itineraries.

Also stated insides will start at $200p/p per day and balconies $250p/p/per day.

Chez

Gavin Smith, RCI, quoted from $200 lead in price and from $250 for a balcony. Also said Ovation coming in via Fremantle. Interviewed on tv this am.

We usually set a limit of $200 pp for a balcony but on various special occasions we have tripped over this, eg. QM2, junior or grand suites.

But it balances out with some of the absolute bargains we have got in the past, mostly in the oceanview category.

How good would it be to be on the repo cruise from Asia into Australia for the first time!

I'm a bit surprised that our American friends are not upset that the ship is coming to Australia/Asia and not their home ports.

I don't see where they can got booking in December for the OPT. The only days it isn't taken is the 1st and 25th. As the 25th is chistmas that only leaves the 1st.

As noted elsewhere, looking at the schedule, seems there may be a few 'placeholder' bookings under other RC ships names. In Dec, Explorer is booked for 4/8/11/15/22 & Voyager for 9/13/14/20/24/28. Can't see that many short cruises for those two, so perhaps Ovation will be a substitute :)

Based on no knowledge, I am tipping Ovation to be in Sydney 13 or 14th Dec.

How good would it be to be on the repo cruise from Asia into Australia for the first time!

I'm a bit surprised that our American friends are not upset that the ship is coming to Australia/Asia and not their home ports.

....But they will be delighted to fly out and join it for a cruise down here.

The ship is also going to be based in China.

When it first goes on sale , Australians may be left out in the cold , as it will be marketed Internationally and I would not be surprised to see the ship cruising down here full of Chinese and Americans.

They will not be bringing it down to just sell to Australians and New Zealanders.

As noted elsewhere, looking at the schedule, seems there may be a few 'placeholder' bookings under other RC ships names. In Dec, Explorer is booked for 4/8/11/15/22 & Voyager for 9/13/14/20/24/28. Can't see that many short cruises for those two, so perhaps Ovation will be a substitute :)

Based on no knowledge, I am tipping Ovation to be in Sydney 13 or 14th Dec.

Placeholder bookings are quite usual. HAL used to do that when they first came down...the ports were all booked in the name of Zuiderdam and everyone got excited that we were getting a new ship.They then changed the booking name when the cruises were firmed up.

Carnival do the same at times.

Oh they are, check the RCI section of the forum.

Your first point, was my first thought - a Singapore to Sydney cruise sounds great - we actually did that on Voyager in 2013.

On you 2nd point- our American friends are currently focused on drink prices:) Oops I spoke too soon :D

Well if they decide to come here to try ovation hope they don't go to any Australian bar when in port. Our drink prices will make them cry. $18 for a cocktail

If RCI drinks prices, gratuities, and the exchange rates, stay the same as they are now they'll be paying roughly AU $21 for a cocktail on board.

There is one thing that worries me if they do the South Pacific itineraries:

We thought the 2000 approx passengers on Rhapsody pushed places like Lifou, Mare and the Isle of Pines almost to the point of being uncomfortably crowded. In two of those places we had other people almost putting their towels overlapping ours as shady places to sit were hard to find. I cannot imagine what these places would be like when 5000 passengers descend upon them. I certainly won't be there then.

I'm not going to be happy if the repo from Singapore is chartered to one agency. That means only one thing 'over priced'

You are correct. Already quoting from $200pppd inside, from $250 pppd balcony. Plus tips.

When I purchased the inaugural charter cruise from Hawaii to Sydney, I couldn't buy the cruise from my normal TA (who gave a discount). It had to be purchased from a TA who was a member. (Cruisco from memory.)

If RCI drinks prices, gratuities, and the exchange rates, stay the same as they are now they'll be paying roughly AU $21 for a cocktail on board.

For our US visitors the exchange rate does not affect their on-board costs, as they are in US$, so it's $ for $. And their on-land costs here will be a perhaps pleasant surprise based on how far their greenbacks will go.

Understand your unhappiness with the drinks pricing on RC, but it is what it is & the final $A payment has nought to do with RC. I think many will, like you, look at other options, especially local ships operating in $A. We willl look at overall costs, and factor in our fondness for RC :)

I'm not going to be happy if the repo from Singapore is chartered to one agency. That means only one thing 'over priced'

I've heard Cruiseco is chartering the first Singapore-SYD #cruise.

You are correct. Already quoting from $200pppd inside, from $250 pppd balcony. Plus tips.

When I purchased the inaugural charter cruise from Hawaii to Sydney, I couldn't buy the cruise from my normal TA (who gave a discount). It had to be purchased from a TA who was a member. (Cruisco from memory.)

Will they be chartering the whole ship?

I cant imagine that ,as many from America, Singapore, China etc will be lining up to book.

Will they be chartering the whole ship?

I cant imagine that ,as many from America, Singapore, China etc will be lining up to book.

They chartered the whole ship in 2007. I don't think charters show up for booking elsewhere.

The fact that they have chartered a ship of that size, shows they expect to be on to a good thing.

If it is Cruisco, they have a lot of TA Members to sell their product.

I found this on Cruise Ship Schedule. I'd would like to do the 52 night itinerary but my husband said 'in your dreams'...:rolleyes: It didn't have information on the Australian Itineraries.

http://www.cruiseshipschedule.com/royal-caribbean/ovation-of-the-seas-schedule/

After its launch in April 2016, Ovation of the Seas’ Inaugural cruise will be almost “around the world” voyage – 52-night long itinerary (officially called “Global Odyssey”) from UK to China (Southampton to Tianjin) with Suez Canal transition. This repositioning maiden voyage will be divided into the following segments:

April 17 – 5-night round-trip from Southampton to France (Cherbourg, Le Havre /to Paris) and Belgium (Zeebrugge .to Bruges) – prices from $1000 PP

April 22 – 7-night round-trip from Southampton to Spain (Gijon, Bilbao), UK / Channel Islands (Guernsey) and Le Havre (to Paris) – from $1,460

May 3 – 52-night from Southampton to Tianjin/Beijing

May 3 – 7-night from Southampton to Barcelona (Gijon, Vigo, Gibraltar) – from $1,180

May 10 – 16-night from Barcelona to Dubai (Civitavecchia /to Rome, Naples, Piraeus /to Athens, Suez Canal transit, Jordan /Aqaba) – from $1,550

May 26 – 14-night from Dubai to Singapore (Oman/ Muscat, India /Cochin, Malaysia /Penang) – from $1,300

June 9 – 3-night round-trip from Singapore to Malaysia (Klang /to Kuala Lumpur) – from $450

June 12 – 12-night from Singapore to Tianjin (port to Beijing) – visits Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City), China (Hong Kong /overnight stay), Japan (Naha), South Korea (Incheon) – prices from $1600.

I found this on Cruise Ship Schedule. I'd would like to do the 52 night itinerary but my husband said 'in your dreams'...:rolleyes: It didn't have information on the Australian Itineraries.

After its launch in April 2016, Ovation of the Seas’ Inaugural cruise will be almost “around the world” voyage – 52-night long itinerary (officially called “Global Odyssey”) from UK to China (Southampton to Tianjin) with Suez Canal transition. This repositioning maiden voyage will be divided into the following segments:

April 17 – 5-night round-trip from Southampton to France (Cherbourg, Le Havre /to Paris) and Belgium (Zeebrugge .to Bruges) – prices from $1000 PP

April 22 – 7-night round-trip from Southampton to Spain (Gijon, Bilbao), UK / Channel Islands (Guernsey) and Le Havre (to Paris) – from $1,460

May 3 – 7-night from Southampton to Barcelona (Gijon, Vigo, Gibraltar) – from $1,180

May 10 – 16-night from Barcelona to Dubai (Civitavecchia /to Rome, Naples, Piraeus /to Athens, Suez Canal transit, Jordan /Aqaba) – from $1,550

May 26 – 14-night from Dubai to Singapore (Oman/ Muscat, India /Cochin, Malaysia /Penang) – from $1,300

June 9 – 3-night round-trip from Singapore to Malaysia (Klang /to Kuala Lumpur) – from $450

June 12 – 12-night from Singapore to Tianjin (port to Beijing) – visits Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh City), China (Hong Kong /overnight stay), Japan (Naha), South Korea (Incheon) – prices from $1600.

Some of those look like fun!

Raina

We booked the May 26 segment a couple of weeks ago as thought Singapore would be as close as a quantam class got to us. Not sure what to do at the moment. Will wait and see itineraries and prices. Decisions decisions.

We booked the May 26 segment a couple of weeks ago as thought Singapore would be as close as a quantam class got to us. Not sure what to do at the moment. Will wait and see itineraries and prices. Decisions decisions.

Assuming itinerary is to your liking, on the prices quoted, looks like you would be better off keeping your current booking.

Prices quoted here for Australia from $200 pppd inside, $250 pppd outside, plus tips.

Edited by MMDown Under

Assuming itinerary is to your liking, on the prices quoted, looks like you would be better off keeping your current booking.

Prices quoted here for Australia from $200 pppd inside, $250 pppd outside, plus tips.

We also have a booking for 2017 Dubai to Singapore on Celebrity. That itinerary is better but wanted to try Ovation and it is $2500 cheaper. Plenty of time to decide.