Ovation of the Sea is COMING to Australia & New Zealand!!!

Hmm, seems to be very haphazard then as to who gets an email!

You would think that after spending enough money with them to get to Diamond or above that you would actually get the pre release info they say is part of the perks of C&A. :rolleyes:

I think anyone who is showing loyalty by being C&A should get first dibs at bookings when new schedules are released, even 24-48 hours would be nice, it could be based on a sliding time line depending on C&A level.

With nearly 5000 passengers on board I am wondering where they will be able to sail. It's much too big for a lot of ports so I wonder if they are looking at sticking to New Zealand itineraries. Imagine 5000 people trying to fit on the beach at Lifou or Isle of Pines!

We received RC email on 15th. It is in their interest to reach as many as they can via their bulk email. Why would they not want to reach every single possible passenger?

For those who think they are on RC email's database & didn't receive this one, can I suggest you check your junk/spam boxes. If not there, then send a test email to them - minimum you should get an auto-reply back.

I have many emails over the past week or so from many TA's re Ovation, so it's all the go right now. As others have posted the repo from Singapore to Sydney in Nov is a full charter. I attended a TA function on Fri to farewell Rhapsody and completed an 'expression of interest' for the repo - they have emailed me today on this:)

I'm a gold member and got the email.

Bookings for Ovation of the Seas' maiden Australian season are not yet open, but we encourage you to register your interest at royalcaribbean.com.au/Ovation to be the first to receive information on her local sailings when details are announced.

Dunno if that link will work.

I'm a gold member and got the email.

Bookings for Ovation of the Seas' maiden Australian season are not yet open, but we encourage you to register your interest at royalcaribbean.com.au/Ovation to be the first to receive information on her local sailings when details are announced.

Dunno if that link will work.

RCL geting a huge response to their email = initial prices extreme.

I think as much as I would like to check Ovation out I'll just pick the bones out of the last minute bargains on other ships. There were sensational deals this year.

I'm a diamond C&A member and I haven't had any emails from RCI about the Ovation.

Check your profile.

There's a setting about whether you're willing to accept marketing. They distribute their e-mail outs to members based on that setting.

With nearly 5000 passengers on board I am wondering where they will be able to sail. It's much too big for a lot of ports so I wonder if they are looking at sticking to New Zealand itineraries. Imagine 5000 people trying to fit on the beach at Lifou or Isle of Pines!

They're just running "cruises to nowhere." Only the length varies. :p

RCL geting a huge response to their email = initial prices extreme.

I think as much as I would like to check Ovation out I'll just pick the bones out of the last minute bargains on other ships. There were sensational deals this year.

I'm not that keen on Ovation, but will probably try her at some point but not while prices are sky high. I find it funny that the lines say they are building bigger and bigger ships to get economies of scale but the big ships seem to have the big prices.

probably because they are the newer and bigger and some people will pay more thinking newer and;or bigger is better.

I'm not that keen on Ovation, but will probably try her at some point but not while prices are sky high. I find it funny that the lines say they are building bigger and bigger ships to get economies of scale but the big ships seem to have the big prices.

Economies of scale to them :-)

That said, some of the perks being added you'd pay more, sometimes a lot on land e.g. Wave Rider, Bumper cars, ifly, the observation dome. So you do get the benefits back.

Economies of scale to them :-)

That said, some of the perks being added you'd pay more, sometimes a lot on land e.g. Wave Rider, Bumper cars, ifly, the observation dome. So you do get the benefits back.

The only one of those that even remotely interests me is the Dodgem cars, but don't think the Dr would approve.

I agree! They could do circumnavigation of Oz as well as NZ but think they'd be limited anywhere else down this way!

May do Asia back & forth perhaps!

Perhaps not your kind of ship. But there's certainly a market that it is designed to appeal to.

No doubt about that.

I will probably try her when the prices drop.

What worries me is that all the ships seem to be heading this way and "my kind of ship" is disappearing.

I'm a TA, spoke with our RCI/Celeb rep re Ovation yesterday. Sounds like an exciting ship, but for the right market.

Itineraries will hopefully be released next month, and there is a feeling that the cruises will be your longer 12/14 night itineraries, perhaps aimed more to your NZ cruises, for ease of docking at the ports.

The sky diving simulator will be complimentary as a sample, you can purchase longer durations if you wish. The star observation will be complimentary, other than peak times such as sail away, sunrise and sunset, where a small surcharge will be charged.

I would love to try Ovation to experience RCI at this new level, however do think overall that I prefer Celebrity where there is not much in terms of attractions / activities, but more of a focus on food and wine, a bit more of a luxury touch.

Well they could tender anyway and still do same ports??? Looks like they wanting to cash in on Xmas/NYE down under and head back to Asia I would guess to cash in on Chinese New Year.

Edited by icat2000

I am picking that tendering could be a major problem. While I am sure the ship would cope admirably with the numbers...ie despatching 3 or 4 tenders at the same time, the landing platforms ashore would probably only handle 1 at a time.

I am picking that tendering could be a major problem. While I am sure the ship would cope admirably with the numbers...ie despatching 3 or 4 tenders at the same time, the landing platforms ashore would probably only handle 1 at a time.

Depends where they go. I know tendering at Bali and Airlie Beach Princess just hired a big Cat to move people quickly as well as their own tenders.

Edited by icat2000