C&A Points Question

sxphil

I'm not sure this is accurate. Unless the person with the C&A number is in the cabin, I don't see how they'd get credit.

So you are telling me all the parents that haven't bothered to C&A there kids since the kids auto get the points off parents, and the parents don't get those points for that 2nd cabin in order to fit the family! What a rip off!

So you are telling me all the parents that haven't bothered to C&A there kids since the kids auto get the points off parents, and the parents don't get those points for that 2nd cabin in order to fit the family! What a rip off!

No the kids get their own points accumulated for what they sail, they don't get the same points as their parents. They just share their parents status until they turn 18. They then keep the status but can't move up to the next level until they reach the points needed in their own right.

The parents call C&A and set up numbers for the children. If the children have not been registered C&A can pull the previous sailings and credit to them.

Your statement basically says you expect double points for booking two cabins and then you expect the kids to automatically get those double points as well. The system doesn't work like that!!

Edited by Spurschick

Shoot our first cruise my hubby booked 10 cabins. I'd be gold and he'd be pinnacle if that was the case. But, no you don't get credit for other cabins, child or not. The children will be assigned a number after the first cruise to follow them through their sailing life. With their own points. Kills me when I see 5 it olds with more points then me ...

How is it a ripoff? When the family flies, frequent flyer miles go to the individuals regardless of who pays. When I fly on business, I get the miles even though my employer pays. Same with hotel loyalty programs. Quite standard in the travel industry.

No the kids get their own points accumulated for what they sail, they don't get the same points as their parents. They just share their parents status until they turn 18. They then keep the status but can't move up to the next level until they reach the points needed in their own right.

The parents call C&A and set up numbers for the children. If the children have not been registered C&A can pull the previous sailings and credit to them.

Your statement basically says you expect double points for booking two cabins and then you expect the kids to automatically get those double points as well. The system doesn't work like that!!

I'm not quite sure if thats true either. We just turned diamond 2 weeks ago with our Navigator cruise with 81 days. My daughter is 19 and I logged into her account expecting her to stay Emerald because she is 19 and both my daughters (other daughter is 17) have 14 days less days then my wife and I but she was showing Diamond :D and showing 81 days as well. So I'm not sure how she turned diamond but we'll take it. My daughters weren't on this cruise that made us hit 81. So her status changed to Diamond as well as her point value.

I'm not quite sure if thats true either. We just turned diamond 2 weeks ago with our Navigator cruise with 81 days. My daughter is 19 and I logged into her account expecting her to stay Emerald because she is 19 and both my daughters (other daughter is 17) have 14 days less days then my wife and I but she was showing Diamond :D and showing 81 days as well. So I'm not sure how she turned diamond but we'll take it. My daughters weren't on this cruise that made us hit 81. So her status changed to Diamond as well as her point value.

I have spoken to C&A several times. They can see my DD's exact points but for her current benefits level it reflects my points until she turns 18. If your daughters are both still listed under your address then they will likely go up status at the same time as you, but when they leave home it will disconnect from you and your wife. It has something to do with address that keeps it linked from what I understand, even though they are technically supposed to disconnect at 18.

I have had a lengthy discussion with C&A as DD is D+ in her own right and I will likely reach pinnacle before she reaches 21. There have been numerous debates on CC as to whether or not pinnacle can be passed to family members and as such I contacted C&A to check DD's points as she can not be set up with an online account until she is 18 to check her points. I tried but the system refused to create an account for her.

Because of how often we sail, I check regularly her points by having to call in. I know others have had issues with not getting credited correct points, and not being able to see online I don't want a major error in years to come. If one of your daughters is 17 then you should not be able to see her points online. You have to call in for those to be confirmed. Did you set up each of your daughters an individual user name and password connected to their individual C&A numbers? Because it shouldn't let you set up for a minor.

You will likely find that once your daughters disconnect from you by changing address or changing name if/when they get married, yes they will retain your status, but they will only have credits for actual nights completed. The system will catch up to the actual number of nights eventually, especially at pinnacle transition.

I hope that makes sense.

Edited by Spurschick

I have spoken to C&A several times. They can see my DD's exact points but for her current benefits level it reflects my points until she turns 18. If your daughters are both still listed under your address then they will likely go up status at the same time as you, but when they leave home it will disconnect from you and your wife. It has something to do with address that keeps it linked from what I understand, even though they are technically supposed to disconnect at 18.

I have had a lengthy discussion with C&A as DD is D+ in her own right and I will likely reach pinnacle before she reaches 21. There have been numerous debates on CC as to whether or not pinnacle can be passed to family members and as such I contacted C&A to check DD's points as she can not be set up with an online account until she is 18 to check her points. I tried but the system refused to create an account for her.

Because of how often we sail, I check regularly her points by having to call in. I know others have had issues with not getting credited correct points, and not being able to see online I don't want a major error in years to come. If one of your daughters is 17 then you should not be able to see her points online. You have to call in for those to be confirmed. Did you set up each of your daughters an individual user name and password connected to their individual C&A numbers? Because it shouldn't let you set up for a minor.

You will likely find that once your daughters disconnect from you by changing address or changing name if/when they get married, yes they will retain your status, but they will only have credits for actual nights completed. The system will catch up to the actual number of nights eventually, especially at pinnacle transition.

I hope that makes sense.

Ya it makes sense. No I only set up my dd that is over 18. I'm glad she is diamond now cause she was really upset when I told her that the rest of us were turning diamond except for her. After I told her it looked like she was diamond after all, she was so excited ;) I guess she'll just have to stay at home :).

Hopefully it will be a a couple years before she has her own address and she'll have her own points.

Ya it makes sense. No I only set up my dd that is over 18. I'm glad she is diamond now cause she was really upset when I told her that the rest of us were turning diamond except for her. After I told her it looked like she was diamond after all, she was so excited ;) I guess she'll just have to stay at home :).

Hopefully it will be a a couple years before she has her own address and she'll have her own points.

She will keep the diamond regardless of where her points are at. They don't downgrade people:). No harm in giving her a few cruises in the meantime:D;)

Edited by Spurschick

You should prepare her for a letdown in case they catch it. I have read that they have caught this mistake before the person changed addresses and their points were reduced to the correct number that they actually sailed AND that their staus was reduced to what he parents status was at the time the child turned 18. Not saying it will happen but it could.

You should prepare her for a letdown in case they catch it. I have read that they have caught this mistake before the person changed addresses and their points were reduced to the correct number that they actually sailed AND that their staus was reduced to what he parents status was at the time the child turned 18. Not saying it will happen but it could.

This is true, I've heard this happen several times. It seems to be caught the frist time the child cruises after they turn 18.

This is true, I've heard this happen several times. It seems to be caught the frist time the child cruises after they turn 18.

Thanks Ken and Bob.

I know it catches up soon enough normally. I couldn't remember when. I had read something about the same address meant it wasn't picking up the disconnect automatically when people were becoming 18. RC system looks like it isn't very good at working out when it is someone's 18th birthday;) we all know how great their IT is:D

A point = cruise night. So for every night you stay, you get one point. The kids are humans too. For every night, they get one point. If they are nto members, they should be signed up. They will add all the points for each night they were on, once they become members. Each person retains their own points for the life of the program, going on 25 years now.

You do not get points for a room. The room is not human. The room would receive 365 points per year since a point is equal to each night sailing!

You do not need an extra room. That is a choice. Since the kids get their own points, you do not get them. They can not be given away as gifts either. They are yours and only yours. Just like your kid's points belong to them. You can't combine them!

A point = cruise night. So for every night you stay, you get one point. The kids are humans too. For every night, they get one point. If they are nto members, they should be signed up. They will add all the points for each night they were on, once they become members. Each person retains their own points for the life of the program, going on 25 years now.

You do not get points for a room. The room is not human. The room would receive 365 points per year since a point is equal to each night sailing!

You do not need an extra room. That is a choice. Since the kids get their own points, you do not get them. They can not be given away as gifts either. They are yours and only yours. Just like your kid's points belong to them. You can't combine them!

Just for clarification, if your kids sail in a suite (JS or higher) they get 2 points per night.

M

• 10 months later...
We have Diamond status with C & A two years ago we had internet included, we can't see anywhere to say that this is the case now can some clarify for me.

I don't remember anytime where internet was included for the entire cruise for Diamond level cruises.

Right now, a Diamond member gets either one free 24 period of internet, or $30/$40 (depending on ship) off the price of a package.

We have Diamond status with C & A two years ago we had internet included, we can't see anywhere to say that this is the case now can some clarify for me.

Effective April of 2015, Pinnacle Club Members were given complimentary internet for the duration of their cruise. Diamond Members receive 1 24 hour consecutive session and Diamond Plus receive 2 24 hour consecutive session.

Before that Diamond Members received 30 minutes of free internet and Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club Members received 60 minutes of free internet to be used throughout the cruise.

Edited by cruisenfever

Just for clarification, if your kids sail in a suite (JS or higher) they get 2 points per night.

Correct:D

There are occasionally double-points promotions as well! 4 points per night in a suite :) Saw this promo for Oasis-class suites for bookings made in December (obviously, fine print applied in terms of which sailings and tier of suite).

Not that I'm ever likely to experience that. :(