Princess Referral Rewards

Poulsbo Cruisers

i was reading the following on the Princess website:

"As an exclusive benefit for our loyal Members, we'll reward you for bringing new customers to Princess. When you refer new passengers to us, we'll offer them a discount off their first cruise, and once they sail with us, we'll offer the same savings to you!"

What does this mean? We referred new customers for our upcoming cruise and they received a discount. Once they sail, it appears we will get something, but what? A discount off our next cruise? A refund?

A $25 discount to the new customer on their first cruise and a $25 discount to the referrer on their next cruise.

Cheers

Bill

This, plus if you sail with your friends, you get it on the same cruise as your friends. Otherwise, you get $25 pp off on your next cruise. It is pretty easy.

This, plus if you sail with your friends, you get it on the same cruise as your friends. Otherwise, you get $25 pp off on your next cruise. It is pretty easy.

That's right :) just did this with our best cruise buddies....their first Princess Cruise.

Also you can keep track of the Referral Rewards on My Princess web site ;)

I recently referred friends to a cruise we were going on. They got their credit and we assumed we would get the credit AFTER they completed their cruise even though we cruised with them. I recall even seeing our $25 credit listed as "Pending." The other day I went to see what our credit status was as we were going to book another cruise for this fall and our $25 referral credit was no longer there. I know I will have to call them now and see what happened to it. It's just frustrating to have to spend time on a phone for something like this.

I recently referred friends to a cruise we were going on. They got their credit and we assumed we would get the credit AFTER they completed their cruise even though we cruised with them. I recall even seeing our $25 credit listed as "Pending." The other day I went to see what our credit status was as we were going to book another cruise for this fall and our $25 referral credit was no longer there. I know I will have to call them now and see what happened to it. It's just frustrating to have to spend time on a phone for something like this.

You should have received the credit on the same cruise...

We never did referrals before but am very happy we did this time! Our group grew and grew as friends invited friends. In the end I maxed out and my referral rewards have matched my cruise fare! Just had to make sure I had their info into Princess before they booked.

What's the story if you are sharing your cabin with a first time Princess sailor? 2 of us have sailed with Princess but our 3rd person is a first timer. Does this qualify you for a refer a friend reward?

MARAPRINCE

Yes as long as they have NOT booked yet. Once booked....no longer an option!

My $25 referral reward shows up on MY Princess online, but is not shown on the TA's invoice for my next cruise. Shouldn't it be deducted from my total on the invoice? Thanks for clarifying.

My $25 referral reward shows up on MY Princess online, but is not shown on the TA's invoice for my next cruise. Shouldn't it be deducted from my total on the invoice? Thanks for clarifying.

Does it show up as applied to your cruise? Or is it not applied to any cruise?

Please head this advice:

Although there is an "Instant" referral and email referral places to sign up, it is really not "Instant".

Yes, it is instant and easy to fill out.

BUT....the "referree" does need to wait for a letter from Princess AND fill out the rest of the application BEFORE you or they will receive the $25 credit.

"Instant" to me means instantly. I filled it out, pushed the button, and had my TA book them within an hour. It took a lot of phone calls to get this sorted out since they are given a Captain Circle number immediately AND the TA (when booking a first timer) is also given a Captain Cirlce number (thus creating two accounts).

Princess was very gracious when I insisted that "Instant" meant immediately. I did get my referral credits for my upcoming cruise and each of my referees.. were given their discount on the final payment.

Live and Learn.

Does it show up as applied to your cruise? Or is it not applied to any cruise?

On Princess web site, it shows the referral reward has been applied to my next cruise, but it is not shown on the invoice our TA emailed me....Guess I'll give her a call.

On Princess web site, it shows the referral reward has been applied to my next cruise, but it is not shown on the invoice our TA emailed me....Guess I'll give her a call.

Yes - call. She may have already deducted it and just gave you the final amount.

If you are from down under you can forget all those replies We do not get referal bonus at all Not applicable to Australian cruise based ships:(

Edited by windsor26

Please head this advice:

Although there is an "Instant" referral and email referral places to sign up, it is really not "Instant".

BUT....the "referree" does need to wait for a letter from Princess AND fill out the rest of the application BEFORE you or they will receive the $25 credit.

"Instant" to me means instantly. I filled it out, pushed the button, and had my TA book them within an hour. It took a lot of phone calls to get this sorted out since they are given a Captain Circle number immediately AND the TA (when booking a first timer) is also given a Captain Cirlce number (thus creating two accounts).

Princess was very gracious when I insisted that "Instant" meant immediately. I did get my referral credits for my upcoming cruise and each of my referees.. were given their discount on the final payment.

Live and Learn.

I went through the exact same motions you described, including resolution.

"Instant" online is the wrong method if you plan on --or need to-- book immediately. I think after the first referral gone wrong that way I did the rest on the telephone with a Princess Agent.

Yes as long as they have NOT booked yet. Once booked....no longer an option!

We booked first and then the 3rd (new/first time) passenger was added. We even had to change cabins since the original one only held 2 people.

So does this mean we are out of luck????

MARAPRINCE

Please head this advice:

Live and Learn.

I always do instant and then book with TA and the people I refer go thru my TA and it is always on the same day. And I have never had a problem doing it like this. I just let my TA know that I referred them and she takes care of the booking with no issues.

I always do instant and then book with TA and the people I refer go thru my TA and it is always on the same day. And I have never had a problem doing it like this. I just let my TA know that I referred them and she takes care of the booking with no issues.

I have never had a problem either.... It always just seems to work. Maybe my TA does more behind the scenes than I am aware.

Edited by Coral

I forgot about the Princess Referral Rewards and have 2 couples that are new to Princess and they booked in February with me for an Alaska cruise. Do I call Princess and give them there booking number or do I contact the T/A that one couple along with myself switched there reservation to? Walk me though the steps.

Thanks!

Tom:D

I forgot about the Princess Referral Rewards and have 2 couples that are new to Princess and they booked in February with me for an Alaska cruise. Do I call Princess and give them there booking number or do I contact the T/A that one couple along with myself switched there reservation to? Walk me though the steps.

Thanks!

Tom:D

If they are already booked, you can no longer do referrals for them. It must happen before they are booked.

I did as you did. Instant sign up, called my Travel Agent (and told her what I had done), she booked the cruise...

Didn't work for me. Had to go through hoops to get the back credit for everyone.

All in all...which ever works, this is a very good incentive to get people to join Princess. My friends just don't plan very far ahead and this makes it difficult, at best.

I did as you did. Instant sign up, called my Travel Agent (and told her what I had done), she booked the cruise...

Didn't work for me. Had to go through hoops to get the back credit for everyone.

All in all...which ever works, this is a very good incentive to get people to join Princess. My friends just don't plan very far ahead and this makes it difficult, at best.

Glad you got it worked out in the end. But what a shame you even had to go thru hoops to get the credit.