What specialty restaurant would you like to see NCL add?

bangzoom6877

I would love to see a 50s diner themed restaurant with vinyl covered seats and lots of chrome. Serving good honest food one would normally have found in a diner of that era. Hand made shakes and flavored sodas. Open faced turkey sandwiches, pot roast, and creamy mashed potatoes.

Edited by jcallcut

I would like better choices of appetizers, desserts, and crepes. I love crepe restaurants and love the chicken and mushroom crepe at the French Restaurant in Epcot. I would love some other appetizers like stuffed mushrooms or scallops in bacon. Desserts like a fresh apple strudel or some other fresh fruit based dessert.

My #1 choice would be a really good seafood restaurant that's actually included in the dining plan. I love seafood.

a vote for the Florida/Caribbean fare - not tasteless grub but the super spicy kind of jerk and So Fla fare you get around Palm Beach and Miami. Also don't leave out the Cubans! Also a vote for GOOD Thia. Mexican - redundant since most of my cruses take us there.

For the mega-ships, isn't 29 or 30+ dining options enough for 7 nights, how many meals can you eat - sorry, enough. For the smaller ship, you have physical limitations on fitting 20 dining options onboard, let alone 30 options.

NCL has had plenty of tests and experiments, some successful and others questionable, i.e. Tex-Mex & the Shabu Shabu (Asian Hot Pot or Fondue) w/o getting the merits - food opinions are highly subjective.

Why bother calling it such & such when you can barely managed 20 or 25% of the popular items for a given themed land restaurant, and then not getting half of them simple ones right or correctly, i.e. egg drop or hot & sour soup.

Put back/restore some of the varieties in the current/former (i.e. pork spare ribs) menu items, get them prepared & cooked/done right ... served it on a timely manner & hot.

Or take one of my ideas, put 13 menus all under one tent / roof and call it Fusion Dining - pick from your current menu choices, order & the gallery deliver - and it's a win-win. Imagine sitting in O'Sheehans, ordering French onion soup, Vietnamese summer roll, Greek salad, poached Salmon, and Apple pies.

Edited by mking8288

NCL needs a Tim Horton's on every ship! Finally a good cup of coffee!;)

For a full service choice they need good Canadian fare;

BackBacon,

Bison,

Poutine,

and Beaver Tails!

with some Molson Canadian beer, Screech, and Ice Wine to wash it down.:D:D

.....Greek...think moussaka, souvlaki, spinach pie, baklava, Greek wine and Ouzo!......

Yes!! I'd love to have some Greek food on while cruising. However, my wife says I stink after eating it. I can have it for lunch, get home, and she'll smell it on me before I can even say anything. But....I still like it.

....You can not get "fois gras" at Le Bistro anymore, never heard of any French restaurant that didn't serve it...

Fois gras was probably dropped because of all the controversy around it. LoL...I wonder if that ever hit here on CC. You can Google it, if you are not familiar with it.

Finally, an original suggestion. Jimmy Johns.....it's freaky fast. That way you can order it via room service and it'll show up before you can put the phone down. :p

----> Seriously, Greek would be great.

I would love to see a 50s diner themed restaurant with vinyl covered seats and lots of chrome. Serving good honest food one would normally have found in a diner of that era. Hand made shakes and flavored sodas. Open faced turkey sandwiches, pot roast, and creamy mashed potatoes.

I think the Pride of America out of Hawaii had a diner theme for their "Blue Lagoon" type venue. They also served comfort food from what I remember. I did the entire rec room in our house in a "50's diner" theme complete with booth, jukebox, diner pinball machine, etc. :) I love old diners myself.

I love all these interesting ideas! The food truck idea on the pool deck is very intriguing for sure! Would be a great thing for lunchtime.

I'm going to add...a fondue restaurant like the Melting Pot, where you have a cheese course, salad, entree course you cook yourself, and a chocolate fondue dessert.

I also think it would be nice if they add a Chinese bakery. I know there's Carlo's, but Chinese bakeries really are amazing! They could sell items a la carte like roast pork buns, and other delicious pastries. DH and I went to Foxwoods one time, and we got snacks from a Chinese bakery at the resort...very tasty and also very popular!

I'll also add that during the day by the buffet area, a fry station where they deep fry just about anything would be cool. Zeppoles, deep fried Oreos, funnel cakes, etc. OK, some regular fried food too like french fries and chicken fingers lol.

And finally...a southern themed restaurant that serves fried green tomatoes, hush puppies, shrimp and grits, southern fried chicken, chicken fried steak, sweet tea, etc. Think Po' Folks down in Florida, for those of you who are familiar with it. I think that would actually be very successful. :)

Edited by bangzoom6877

An outdoor Tapas bar that serves paella, croquets, empanadas, abondigas, tortilla espanola, stuffed mussels and some upscale modern style Spanish Tapas and Sangria or Spanish wine.

If NCL decides to try to do Tex-Mex, i hope that they will partner with an actual Tex-Mex restaurant from Texas that knows what it is doing such as Mi Cocina or La Hacienda. My experience with Tex-Mex restaurants outside of Texas is that most of them don't have a clue about what they are doing. I can think of one horror in particular in Las Vegas at a major hotel where the majority of the foods on the menu were so bad that the waitress was actually telling me not to order things like chicken enchiladas. How, I wondered could they mess something simple like that up? So I ordered what the waitress suggested which was OK but not good and one chicken enchilada on the side. OMG. Unbelievable how bad it was. Like mush with no flavor. As far as I could determine they mixed finely ground chicken with cream cheese and no spices then doused it in sour cream. Yuck!

NCL needs a Tim Horton's on every ship! Finally a good cup of coffee!;)

For a full service choice they need good Canadian fare;

BackBacon,

Bison,

Poutine,

and Beaver Tails!

with some Molson Canadian beer, Screech, and Ice Wine to wash it down.:D:D

Believe it or not, there was both bison and poutine on our recent Star cruise.

An outdoor Tapas bar that serves paella, croquets, empanadas, abondigas, tortilla espanola, stuffed mussels and some upscale modern style Spanish Tapas and Sangria or Spanish wine.

If NCL decides to try to do Tex-Mex, i hope that they will partner with an actual Tex-Mex restaurant from Texas that knows what it is doing such as Mi Cocina or La Hacienda. My experience with Tex-Mex restaurants outside of Texas is that most of them don't have a clue about what they are doing. I can think of one horror in particular in Las Vegas at a major hotel where the majority of the foods on the menu were so bad that the waitress was actually telling me not to order things like chicken enchiladas. How, I wondered could they mess something simple like that up? So I ordered what the waitress suggested which was OK but not good and one chicken enchilada on the side. OMG. Unbelievable how bad it was. Like mush with no flavor. As far as I could determine they mixed finely ground chicken with cream cheese and no spices then doused it in sour cream. Yuck!

Eww, that enchilada really sounds terrible! I think even here in NYC we have better enchiladas than that lol! It would be nice to have authentic Mexican or tex-me cuisine. And an outdoor tapas bar sounds wonderful too.

Believe it or not, there was both bison and poutine on our recent Star cruise.

I love poutine when we go visit my relatives in Ottawa! Going back there this August and looking forward to having some. Of course that's 2 weeks after we get home from our BA cruise and they might have to roll me to Canada with the amount of weight I will most likely gain from all the food! ;)

If NCL decides to try to do Tex-Mex, i hope that they will partner with an actual Tex-Mex restaurant from Texas that knows what it is doing such as Mi Cocina or La Hacienda. My experience with Tex-Mex restaurants outside of Texas is that most of them don't have a clue about what they are doing.

I can tell you, as a Texan, that I don't eat Tex-Mex outside of Texas. I wouldn't eat Mexican food outside of Mexico or a border town either. That doesn't mean you can't get lucky, but the odds are stacked against you. I wouldn't eat at a Tex-Mex restaurant on a ship.....but I might try some tamales to go.

..........hey, what about a Marble Slab (or Cold Stone) style ice cream shop? You know, where they have a bunch of toppings that they mix up in the ice cream. Or a frozen yogurt joint doing the same thing.

Edited by Kingofwylietx