Exciting Deals

Wanderlost

I have been watching a cruise for several weeks and was ready to book during the recent promotion but have decided to "gamble" and wait for this cruise to come up on a Tuesday special. To those of you who track these things, the ship is a european cruise in July and currently has 108 balconies available, 14 Aquas and 54 concierge. This seems like a lot of available cabins at this late date. Final payment is in early May. Do you think this cruise will show up as a Tuesday special sometime in late May? :confused:

Will the weather be sunny in Budapest on September 10th? Will my cruise in 2016 hit bad weather? Will Celebrity continue to offer reduced rates on cruises given Fain's statements to stockholders where he said (again) that they weren't going to reduce prices...they would rather sail with empty cabins)?

The real answer is who knows. If the past is a good predictor, then sure, it will show up on a Tuesday special or some other special......but with Celebrity, one just never knows for sure.

I have been watching a cruise for several weeks and was ready to book during the recent promotion but have decided to "gamble" and wait for this cruise to come up on a Tuesday special. To those of you who track these things, the ship is a european cruise in July and currently has 108 balconies available, 14 Aquas and 54 concierge. This seems like a lot of available cabins at this late date. Final payment is in early May. Do you think this cruise will show up as a Tuesday special sometime in late May? :confused:

Highly probable if it maintains this level of vacancy at around 60 days or less before sailing.

Will Celebrity continue to offer reduced rates on cruises given Fain's statements to stockholders where he said (again) that they weren't going to reduce prices...they would rather sail with empty cabins)?

What he actually said was they won't reduce fares 10-20-30 days out. Nothing about drops just after final payment.

What he actually said was they won't reduce fares 10-20-30 days out. Nothing about drops just after final payment.

What I have noticed, is there seems to be 'fewer deals" than there used to and in fact booking really really early seems to work now better than ever... I have eight cruises booked and noticed that the "exciting deal" on my upcoming Bermuda trip was more expensive than I paid and with none of the goodies.

What I have noticed, is there seems to be 'fewer deals" than there used to and in fact booking really really early seems to work now better than ever... I have eight cruises booked and noticed that the "exciting deal" on my upcoming Bermuda trip was more expensive than I paid and with none of the goodies.

Agree. There are still "deals", depending on cabin type, but I have been booking further out than I ever did before.

Agree. There are still "deals", depending on cabin type, but I have been booking further out than I ever did before.

To be specific, my AQ May 17 cruise came with all the 123 stuff and between "X" and the TA $ 500.00 OBC!

I'd booked it for $ 1250.00 pp

It was a "deal' for April 7th at $ 1499.00 pp no goodies

If you specify a specific sailing I may be able to tell you what was covered last year, 2013 and 2012... I save most of the deals.

We are looking at a British Isle cruise on the Silhouette for July 15. There was one on Tuesday's special at quite a discounted price.

We are looking at a British Isle cruise on the Silhouette for July 15. There was one on Tuesday's special at quite a discounted price.

I would have thought that the rate would remain fairly high, as the British Isles cruises are few ( very like the Canada and New England cruises)

But what do I know, I live in UK and we don't get exciting deals offered.

To be specific, my AQ May 17 cruise came with all the 123 stuff and between "X" and the TA $ 500.00 OBC!

That's what I've noticed with most of our Celebrity cruises also.

Maybe it's when we sail? :confused:

How far in advance do you book? Right now next year's May 15, 2016 Summit Bermuda cruise the Aqua Class cabins are $1,599 per person. That includes all in offer.

The cruise we are taking this year on May 24th the Aqua Class cabins that are left (27 of them) are down to $1,199 per person with a resident or senior discount. Not sure how much lower they will go. Seems like a lot left for 30 days out.

All I have is an slightly incomplete deal from last year, but you can likely glean a lot from the "Price From" and assume its for an inside & guess what other categories may cost from there.

Last year:

Celebrity Infinity

British Isles Cruise

Roundtrip from Harwich, England

Price From: $899.00 (USD)

Special: Exciting Deal: Can only be booked 9:00 am EST Tuesday, May 06, through 11:59 pm EST Wednesday, May 07

Travel Dates: Jul 14, 2014 through Jul 24, 2014 Number of nights: 10

We originally booked this cruise last year while on board The Equinox but cancelled in December due to high airline prices for Amsterdam. AA came through for us with advantage miles for the flight which we booked last week. We don't usually "gamble" like this but it may be worth it to save $$$. Thanks to all for their input. Meanwhile I will keep checking prices daily and hope we can hold out for the possible savings.

This week's Tuesday exciting deals were for cruises in May. Waiting to book on an Exciting Deal could cause your airfare from Florida to Europe to go sky high.

^^ The OP already booked his flight with freq flyer miles. Still a gamble, but I might have made the same decision.

To the OP - good luck!

The prices for many May and June Europe cruises have been drastically reduced after the final payment date. I doubt you will see any big reductions for July cruises until about 60 days before the sailing date. It will be interesting to see if the big price cuts continue into the mid-Summer cruise months.

I noticed the same thing.

How far in advance do you book? Right now next year's May 15, 2016 Summit Bermuda cruise the Aqua Class cabins are $1,599 per person. That includes all in offer.

The cruise we are taking this year on May 24th the Aqua Class cabins that are left (27 of them) are down to $1,199 per person with a resident or senior discount. Not sure how much lower they will go. Seems like a lot left for 30 days out.

I booked my May 8th 2016 to Bermuda in November 2014 (same sailing is May 10th this year) I booked a C2 for the price of C3 $1399pp with all three perks. Aqua was $50 more. During the Spring Sale I called Celebrity and received and additional $100pp discount. My new fare is $1299 pp. The price now for the sailing that leaves on May 10th 2015 is $1349 for a C3 no perks at all. Aqua is $1399. I'm very happy with my booking and don't expect it to go down further and still include all of the perks. I will add that I usually don't book more than 8 months out so this was really outside of the box for me.

Edited by Iamcruzin