On the Noordam!

canadianbear

Am also on board. Have to agree, Cathy in the Neptune Lounge is fantastic. The cruise director is Mark. He was supposed to be on the Prinsendam but got sent here as a last minute sub. He will be joining the Prinsendam in Amsterdam in mid May and will be with her all summer.

We had a mooring line break when we were docking in Corinto, Nicaragua.

The sommelier is Csaba. He's running some very interesting programs on board.

Before I forget: Captain is Jeroen Van Donselaar; hotel director is Craig Oakes; Cruise director is Mark (not sure of last name), and our Neptune concierge are Glenn Olorvida and Cathy Santiago. Joanne Croker is the future cruise consultant.
Am also on board. Have to agree, Cathy in the Neptune Lounge is fantastic. The cruise director is Mark. He was supposed to be on the Prinsendam but got sent here as a last minute sub. He will be joining the Prinsendam in Amsterdam in mid May and will be with her all summer.

Do you know Mark's last name? Inquiring minds want to know. ;):D

How do you like Mark? I board the Prinsendam May 20.

Roy

Any chance we could get a link to those pictures? Thanks

Unfortunatly I'm not a "friend" of coppers so I can't see them. As far as I understand facebook a link would be no good unless he allows access to everyone which I'm doubtful of. I would love to see the pics too since I was on the cruise just before dry dock.

Edited by cruz chic

Cruise part 2:

Sunday, April 26: Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica continued...

There was some confusion when we left the ship to meet up with our roll call & the Odyssey tour but it was soon sorted out. 8 of us loaded into the mini bus and to me, the highlight was seeing the crocodiles on our river cruise on the Tarcoles river. Our guide on the boat fed the crocodile so I'm hoping my video worked out ok-I was amazed just how close this crocodile was to me-little nervous!

I was very tired in the evening so went to the cabin early while hubby went to the Queens lounge to listen to the BB King band.

Monday, April 27

Cortina, Nicaragua

We decided to stay on the ship today and relaxed poolside. Went to MDR early and asked for a table for 2 this time. They have been very accommodating and gave us a 4 topper for just the 2 of us. We then wandered until show time which was "Soundstage" with the Noordam entertainers-from Bollywood to Hollywood and was good.

We then moved to the Queens lounge for the BB Kings show. They really are fantastic.

Tuesday, April 28

Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala

We did not book a tour at this port but walked into their market at the dock. Lots of vendors and tours available if you didn't want to go through HAL. Rest of the day was lazing pool side. They set a BBQ tonight from 5:30-8:00 at the aft pool which was delicious. Lots to choose from including salmon, prawns on a skewer, pork, ribs and chicken which was all cooked to perfection. After that was the Lido deck party with the BB King Blues Club band-what a great night!

Wednesday April 29

Peurto Chipas, Mexico

Again we did not do a tour. Walked off the ship to look around a bit at the shops they have at the dock and also had a look at the pool they built at the port for cruisers use. We hadn't brought our suits but it looked like a nice pool with lounge chairs & of course bar service.

The show in the Vista Lounge was called Sister Twist. They are 4 young ladies who did a unique show of their own renditions of the Beatles classics.

Thursday, April 30

Huatulco, Mexico

We joined another roll call member and had pre-booked a snorkel excursion with Hurricane Divers. Two others had also signed up from our ship as well. It was quite bumpy heading out in the morning in the small boat but the driver took it slow. We ended up doing 3 different bays snorkelling and loved it. Saw lots of various fish and eels and hope some of our underwater photos turn out. By the 2nd bay it was a bit calmer and easier to get in & out of the boat via the swim ladder.

The Vista show was Michael Menes described as "full of humor, finesse and visual delight". He was very entertaining and provided lots of laughs in his show. After that we went to the Queens lounge for the BB King band.

Friday, May 1: sea day

The Captain announced around 10:40 that the ship was being diverted to Acapulco for a medical disembarkation. Hoping the person will be ok. We've seen a few have to disembark due to medical issues this cruise and it is always sad when this happens.

We dined in the Pinnacle tonight and in our opinion it was the best meal I've ever had there. Started with the lobster bisque and then the filet mignon. Both absolutely delicious. My husband had the crab cakes & the filet mignon. My dessert-well, I love their chocolate volcano cake with ice cream and it didn't disappoint! Service was superb and was a very enjoyable time.

We went to the 10pm show in the Vista Lounge and it was Matilda with Patrick Murray (ventriloquist). Very funny performance and we thoroughly enjoyed it. So strange going to the 10pm rather than the 8pm. The earlier show is always packed but the 10pm has lots of room.

Saturday may 2: sea day/formal night

Mariner lunch today (our friends are 1* and have theirs on Monday). Very well attended & the tiles say "new design".

We had early reservations in the MDR and I had the filet mignon with lobster tail-very good. As we entered I saw the rack of jackets that were available to the men if they didn't have one.

The show in the Vista lounge was the HAL singers/dancers. We then went to watch the marriage game which is always hilarious.

Sunday may 3: Cabo tender port

Since this is a tender port and a short stay (last tender at 1:30) we booked an excursion with HAL called Snorkel & Sail to Santa Maria cove. It feels cooler here than when we were in Huatulco.

Just found out all snorkel excursions have been cancelled as it is too rough. Disappointed but understandable. We managed in Huatulco so at least I'm happy we got that one in.

Awesome to see/read you are enjoying this relaxing cruise my friend:)

Cannot wait to join you on Tuesday!!

Great to hear how good the PG is because we have several reservations for it and I am doing 3 Le Cirques:)

Joanie

Do you know if the ventriloquist Patrick with Matilda will be staying on board as part of the entertainment? Saw them on the Amsterdam in 2003 and he was hilarious! Hope to see the act again. Looking forward to meeting you and happy your surprises worked out.

Diane

Do you know if the ventriloquist Patrick with Matilda will be staying on board as part of the entertainment? Saw them on the Amsterdam in 2003 and he was hilarious! Hope to see the act again. Looking forward to meeting you and happy your surprises worked out.

Diane

How do you know that Matilda and Patrick are aboard? I have seen nothing in this thread that indicates that, unless I missed something.

100% agree: Patrick and Matilda are a wonderful act. But, I was under the impression that they are only performing in Las Vegas.

How do you know that Matilda and Patrick are aboard? I have seen nothing in this thread that indicates that, unless I missed something.

Friday, May 1: sea day

The Captain announced around 10:40 that the ship was being diverted to Acapulco for a medical disembarkation. Hoping the person will be ok. We've seen a few have to disembark due to medical issues this cruise and it is always sad when this happens.

We dined in the Pinnacle tonight and in our opinion it was the best meal I've ever had there. Started with the lobster bisque and then the filet mignon. Both absolutely delicious. My husband had the crab cakes & the filet mignon. My dessert-well, I love their chocolate volcano cake with ice cream and it didn't disappoint! Service was superb and was a very enjoyable time.

We went to the 10pm show in the Vista Lounge and it was Matilda with Patrick Murray (ventriloquist). Very funny performance and we thoroughly enjoyed it. So strange going to the 10pm rather than the 8pm. The earlier show is always packed but the 10pm has lots of room.

Saturday may 2: sea day/formal night

Mariner lunch today (our friends are 1* and have theirs on Monday). Very well attended & the tiles say "new design".

We had early reservations in the MDR and I had the filet mignon with lobster tail-very good. As we entered I saw the rack of jackets that were available to the men if they didn't have one.

The show in the Vista lounge was the HAL singers/dancers. We then went to watch the marriage game which is always hilarious.

OP mentioned it in the report above for May 1st. I remember our first cruise a hundred years ago where the cruise director was also a ventriloquist and had this cute old lady as his doll. Our son talked about it for months.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

OP mentioned it in the report above for May 1st. I remember our first cruise a hundred years ago where the cruise director was also a ventriloquist and had this cute old lady as his doll. Our son talked about it for months.

Thank you for the information. I missed what OP had said. I hope Matilda has "talked" Mr. Murray into returning to HAL ships. Particularly, the Statendam's last voyage for HAL in September.

Thank you for answering GER 77.

Diane

Many thx for the great updates Canadian Bear - much appreciated! We sail on Noordam in August so that may be too far away to draw any conclusions from what is offered now. But, I am wondering how the music is in the dance venues. Is it one of the better bands playingn in the Ocean Bar? Have you seen much ballroom dancing? I ask as dancing is the main reason we cruise...getting a little dressed up every night and into a gown and tux on formal nights and then hitting a dance floor is our idea of a perfect evening although we know it certainly is not everyone's cup ot tea :). Any info you can offer will be great! Thanks!!

Was that Gary Hunter? He was the CD on a couple of Carnival cruises I was on way back in the day.

Hi, Diane!

[i'm still deciding about the Zuiderdam in February.]

You should be with us Elyce! Please join Sue and I on the Zuiderdam. We've never been to Bonaire or Cartegena.

Hey there Elyce!

Diane

Just wanted to say hi! Hope all is well with you. My cousin and I have booked the Jan 31st cruise on the Eurodam next year....sounds like your going to the ABC islands....so jealous! Maybe I can take one of the longer cruises in 2017!

Janette

Sitting on our balcony in San Diego-lovely, warm day here.

I'm not sure if the ventriloquist will still be on or not-he really was hilarious.

This has been one of the best cruises yet. The staff are fantastic. We also ended up having lunch with Copper at the Pinnacle after having to cancel the other arrangements. Luckily Borg fitted us in at the last minute. I didn't realize my husband could talk so much but him & Copper seemed to enjoy sharing stories.

Guess it's time to plan another cruise since we purchased future cruise deposits!

Sitting on our balcony in San Diego-lovely, warm day here.

I'm not sure if the ventriloquist will still be on or not-he really was hilarious.

This has been one of the best cruises yet. The staff are fantastic. We also ended up having lunch with Copper at the Pinnacle after having to cancel the other arrangements. Luckily Borg fitted us in at the last minute. I didn't realize my husband could talk so much but him & Copper seemed to enjoy sharing stories.

Guess it's time to plan another cruise since we purchased future cruise deposits!

Having trouble posting this so hopefully it will go through but not several times...