Cabins ready?

AnnaNY

I'm figuring we will be at the ship by 12/1 and I'll wanna freshen up before checking out the ship!! So excited

You may absolutely plan to be onboard by then, it's just that your cabins will not be ready until the designated time and you will need to hold onto your carry-ons until then. You cannot go and put them down or quickly freshen up and leave again, just so you know. :) Have fun!

So if you are bringing your two bottles of wine you have to carry them with you until your room opens up? Do they deliver your luggage to your room?

You have to keep your carry on with you. They'll deliver your checked luggage.

• 1 month later...
First time going RCCL. I have read cabins are typically ready around 1:00. Do they try to get the suites ready first(owners suite)? If we board before cabin is ready is the CL open?

All the staterooms open at the same time. Your SeaPass card can get into the CL 24 hours, however the only thing they are likely to have in the CL at that time would be specialty coffees.

First time going RCCL. I have read cabins are typically ready around 1:00. Do they try to get the suites ready first(owners suite)? If we board before cabin is ready is the CL open?

Since you are sailing on the Explorer, the answer is "yes", you will be able to get into the Concierge Lounge when you board. Your SeaPass card will open the door for you. It's a good place to just hang out and relax until you can either get into your cabin or feel like having some lunch. There is no staff there, so you can't leave your "stuff" there if you leave.

So if you are bringing your two bottles of wine you have to carry them with you until your room opens up? Do they deliver your luggage to your room?

We always take wine and sometimes soda. We also always have computer and other items. A roll-on works just fine. We roll it to a bar or lunch place until we can get into the rooms.