MS Amsterdam - Sail Away for dry dock - Apr 30

Krazy Kruizers

Well, that departure was fun to watch! I was surprised to see so many crew on deck. I wonder if they have a choice where to spend this time off: Florida or Bahamas. Do any of you know their procedure?

They work on the ship doing all sorts of jobs. But at least they don't have to deal with passenger.

Edited by PathfinderEss

Well, that departure was fun to watch! I was surprised to see so many crew on deck. I wonder if they have a choice where to spend this time off: Florida or Bahamas. Do any of you know their procedure?

The crew don't get any time off.

They help with all the changes that have to take place -- painting, scrubbing, you name and they have to do it.

And there are times when there is no AC.

The crew don't get any time off.

They help with all the changes that have to take place -- painting, scrubbing, you name and they have to do it.

And there are times when there is no AC.

Well, I hope that's a welcome change and maybe there is a party atmosphere to the different work they'll do this week, with some shore leave involved. Even though it's only a short drydock I thought more of them would get time off. This may create some interesting conversations with crew on our May 12 sailing. (Well, interesting to me anyway)

Someone asked about what was going to be done during drydock. Along with the usual mechanical work and deep cleaning, WCB has reported in their blog that there have been many leaks during the world cruise and that they have seen new plumbing lines aboard that will be installed.

Here are some shots of the containers on the bow and by the aft pool. You can see the World Cruise Logo on the ship as well. And of course, there's the rare all-crew sail away.

Because I care about you, these images can be clicked to get larger versions.

bow-amsterdam-word-cruise-logo-sm.jpg

bow-amsterdam-containers-sm.jpg

crew-sailaway-1-sm.jpg

crew-sailaway-2-sm.jpg

crew-sailway-3-sm.jpg

thanks for the great photos!

Did you take them from your condo!

As always enjoy your writings as well as photos!

Denise:)

Yes. I just stepped out on the balcony, snapped the photos and went back inside to upload them.

There were quite a few horn honkers and some bell ringers out today. If you were on the webcam, you probably heard them. It was quite a good bit of noise, considering it's a Thursday.

Thanks POA1!

We loved our cruise in March and we love FLL also. We have a condo along the beach here in San Diego actually Leucadia and we are thinking of getting a condo there also. Love it a lot, especially the ocean and the people. Looked in Hollywood Beach at some on the water which are very nice!

A lot of horn toots today! In fact I was jealous and wished we were there.

Thanks

Denise:)

When she returns to service, she'll be much better than new. Unless, of course, they do the same thing to the Explorer's Lounge as was done to another ship. Sad.)

Which ship are your talking about? And what did they do to the Explorer's Lounge?

It is the Voledam. If you go to the 2nd page and scroll down you will see the thread on the dry dock improvements on the Voledam with pictures!

I really do not like the Explores Louge now! But you be the judge.

Denise :)

Wow, you are right! What a big step-down in class. I hope it is just for that ship.

Wow, you are right! What a big step-down in class. I hope it is just for that ship.

Let me second that thought!!! I always loved sitting in the Explorer's Lounge and listening to Adagio until the Yum Yum Man chimed us into the MDR (at fixed seating times). Well, in a little less than two weeks I'll find out and keep folks posted.

Let me second that thought!!! I always loved sitting in the Explorer's Lounge and listening to Adagio until the Yum Yum Man chimed us into the MDR (at fixed seating times). Well, in a little less than two weeks I'll find out and keep folks posted.

Susan,

Please keep us posted ok? I am interested in the improvements.

Have a great cruise!

Denise :)