Luminae - lunch

koolforkatz

So not only should lunch be available every single say without exception, but must be available during the hours that are convenient to some. Like I said, foot stomping kids.

I know of no other venue that is open for 60 minutes on the ship for a meal. I think it is reasonable to serve for 2 hours.

Just bc people have a difference in opinion does not mean we are foot stomping and childish.

So not only should lunch be available every single say without exception, but must be available during the hours that are convenient to some. Like I said, foot stomping kids.

Name-calling aside, it's not unreasonable to expect a "dedicated private restaurant", which was promoted to sell suites (at a significant up-charge), to be available at times convenient to their guests.

The biggest disconnect seems to be between the grandiose marketing and various actual shipboard implementations of what "available morning, noon and evening" means. A little transparency and consistency would go a long way here.

I'm neither stomping my feet nor demanding anything, but I do feel it's smart for the customer to express his or her preferences when the company is obviously stumbling around in implementation of a heavily promoted perk.

I'm not threatening any kind of legal action or anything of the sort, but will be using our August "Suite Life" experience to determine whether to pay the premium on future cruises.

Jane

Edited by JaneStarr

I know of no other venue that is open for 60 minutes on the ship for a meal. I think it is reasonable to serve for 2 hours.

Just bc people have a difference in opinion does not mean we are foot stomping and childish.

The dining room hours were for at least and hour and a half on our cruise and of course if you come in near the end of those hours the dining room is open a lot longer than that. I would suggest that all complainers give it a try first and then complain if you don't like it. It's difficult to have an opinion on something you haven't tried.

Edited by Ma Bell

The dining room hours were for at least and hour and a half on our cruise and of course if you come in near the end of those hours the dining room is open a lot longer than that. I would suggest that all complainers give it a try first and then complain if you don't like it. It's difficult to have an opinion on something you haven't tried.

I am not complaining, I am not stomping, I am not acting childish, I am not demanding anything. I am voicing some facts...and my opinion.

Thanks for the info.

I am not complaining, I am not stomping, I am not acting childish, I am not demanding anything. I am voicing some facts...and my opinion.

Thanks for the info.

You're welcome. Nothing wrong with expressing an opinion but maybe over 50 times on the same subject may give the impression that you are complaining when you haven't even tried it yet.

Edited by Ma Bell

You're welcome. Nothing wrong with expressing an opinion but maybe over 50 times on the same subject may give the impression that you are complaining when you haven't even tried it yet.

Did you actually count the number of posts? Wow.

No matter if I have tried it or not. You still don't get it. It is about what has been officially stated over and over again that is not true. It makes no difference if I have tried it or not. It is the premise of what has been stated by Celebrity. I'd like to see if this is going to be worked out or not, and when. Hopefully someone can get to the bottom of it. Until then, I will post all I want.

Here's to another 50 posts...maybe 100. Pleae note, I did not start this post or most others that are specifically talking about Luminae, the number of meals and lunch in particular. Just responding...just like you. :)

It doesn't bother me how many times you post just giving you an opinion as to why some might think you are complaining. I hear what you are saying but like most people, I only need to hear it once to get it. Repeating the same thing over and over to people here accomplishes nothing. When you are there and have actually seen and experienced the product you will be able to give an opinion to someone who can actually do something about it. It's possible that you may even understand why they do what they do on your particular cruise.

If you are going to take your Celebrity cruise in a suite I hope you enjoy it, if not you can decide whether it's worth booking a suite again or even if you want to book a Celebrity cruise again.

Did you actually count the number of posts? Wow.

No matter if I have tried it or not. You still don't get it. It is about what has been officially stated over and over again that is not true. It makes no difference if I have tried it or not. It is the premise of what has been stated by Celebrity. I'd like to see if this is going to be worked out or not, and when. Hopefully someone can get to the bottom of it. Until then, I will post all I want.

Here's to another 50 posts...maybe 100. Pleae note, I did not start this post or most others that are specifically talking about Luminae, the number of meals and lunch in particular. Just responding...just like you. :)

I really don't understand why you assume that there are those who "still don't get it". Trust me we DO. You can post another 50 to 100 times here on CC and still not get an answer that will appease you.

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo is going to have a live chat on CC on July 6th. I suggest that you ask the new CEO about your concerns. She will hopefully have the answer that you are looking for.

I see this exactly the same way. That being said, I personally would be OK with Brunch and dinner *If* the brunch hours were extended to include those who want either breakfast and/or lunch.
I would prefer that, since it would enable both early risers and those who sleep in to eat when they want, without concern about when the restaurant will close and when it will re-open again.

It would eliminate needing to rush, or to skip something else you want to do in order to hit the narrow window when the restaurant is open in either time frame.

Some want breakfast at 11:30, while others are ready for lunch then.

After all, the restaurant is supposed to be there to accommodate the suite passengers, not the other way around.

Edited by varoo

I would prefer that, since it would enable both early risers and those who sleep in to eat when they want, without concern about when the restaurant will close and when it will re-open again.

It would eliminate needing to rush, or to skip something else you want to do in order to hit the narrow window when the restaurant is open in either time frame.

Some want breakfast at 11:30, while others are ready for lunch then.

After all, the restaurant is supposed to be there to accommodate the suite passengers, not the other way around.

I have an idea! Why don't they just serve brunch?

I'm all for that on sea days. Unfortunately there is a very vocal minority on here that insist on 3 meals a day and even if/when provided complain about the hours Luminae is opened for lunch. Good grief.

I'm all for that on sea days. Unfortunately there is a very vocal minority on here that insist on 3 meals a day and even if/when provided complain about the hours Luminae is opened for lunch. Good grief.

LOL -- If they're serving Chicken-n-Waffles for brunch -- I'm IN!! :p

Sorry Rich, gotta take issue with you on this one.

Suite guests have a right to expect a REAL restaurant open during obvious and convenient hours. That's what Celebrity represented Luminae would offer for almost a year while they sold out suites at $1000 per night.

For me, I'm only sailing on Celebrity if it's a bargain, or if Luminae is all that it was advertised to be. Lunch is the deal maker or breaker for me. I can't stomach one more sea day lunch free-for-all in the Oceanview school cafeteria.

Luminae was advertised to offer a good civilized lunch alternative, that's attractive to me......if it exists.

People have every right to complain about the bait and switch, obscure watered down offering versus what was originally promised.

I'll be on Silhouette in three weeks to see for myself....I'm hoping for good dinners, and lunch open until at least 1:30. Why should I have to rush to make some arbitrary abbreviated serving window? Not for $800-1000 per night, I'll sail on Seabourn or Oceania and get a REAL lunch, open until 2:00pm....not " Brunch ".

Edited by Kevnzworld

We just returned from our cruise on the Equinox, and contrary to what Celebrity posted here, there still was no lunch served in Luminae on embarkation day or sea days. They did offer lunch on port days from 12:00 to 1:00 pm, but most folks were off the ship at that time. We were disappointed that Celebrity did not provide what they promised - three meals a day, including lunch on embarkation day. On sea days, there was only brunch from 10:30 am to 1:00 pm, and dinner.

As I said before, personally, I'd be happy with brunch -- but only if the hours were extended long enough to cover both breakfast & lunch.

The short 1 hour time slot apparently offered for lunch on port days is pretty much guaranteed to assure failure.

As far as embarkation day lunch, Celebrity needs to quickly figure out how to deliver this consistently. Perhaps there were extenuating circumstances on the Equinox cruise from the above quote.

As I said before, personally, I'd be happy with brunch -- but only if the hours were extended long enough to cover both breakfast & lunch.

The short 1 hour time slot apparently offered for lunch on port days is pretty much guaranteed to assure failure.

As far as embarkation day lunch, Celebrity needs to quickly figure out how to deliver this consistently. Perhaps there were extenuating circumstances on the Equinox cruise from the above quote.

Maybe brunch from 10:00 til 1:30 would work. I can understand the 1 hour lunch on port days as many suites guests may be off the ship.

Maybe brunch from 10:00 til 1:30 would work. I can understand the 1 hour lunch on port days as many suites guests may be off the ship.

As long as lunch is served later than 1:00.....and whatever is on the brunch menu includes a variety of options that change daily. No one wants to eat the same thing every day.

Again, the competition offers this....anything half assed won't fly. At least with me

Just what I was thinking.

[i should very much like to unsubscribe from this thread, as I do with every other thread that attracts the petulant but, unfortunately, I am actually interested in the subject matter of this one but it does get tiresome reading the same statements from the same people over and over. Posts on Cruise Critic do not disappear. Repetition is unnecessary and, especially, wastes the repeat poster's time.]

You don't have to count them. Just click on "replies" on any thread and you can see who posted and how many times. Its quite interesting sometimes lol

Never knew you could do this. The list of posters, and number of posts, on this thread is interesting. I'll have to try this tool more often. (My #4 post)

Edited by kenevenpar

As long as lunch is served later than 1:00.....and whatever is on the brunch menu includes a variety of options that change daily. No one wants to eat the same thing every day.

Again, the competition offers this....anything half assed won't fly. At least with me

Would the competitors be MSC and NCL?

I really don't understand why you assume that there are those who "still don't get it". Trust me we DO. You can post another 50 to 100 times here on CC and still not get an answer that will appease you.

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo is going to have a live chat on CC on July 6th. I suggest that you ask the new CEO about your concerns. She will hopefully have the answer that you are looking for.

Then I would appreciate folks stop saying "try it first" bc that has nothing to do with the premise of my concern as I have stated nicely many times. And the posts saying the same thing over and over again ("Try it First") are adding up too. Just sayin'.

#this-is-post-21-for-those-who-are-counting

i"d be willing to place a pretty large side wager that she won't discuss the brunch/lunch issue at all....or the inconsistency across the ships (on anything, not just luminae)

Would the competitors be MSC and NCL?

IMO , Celebrity's competition for their new Suite class is Seabourn, Oceania , Regent, Crystal and Viking ocean. They offer larger cabins, and better food at a similar price point. $800-$1000 per cabin per night. I believe that Luminae was created to attract and offer a viable alternative to those customers. It also helps justify higher suite prices.