Limit 2 Items per Person with $7.95 Room Service Fee

So you mean to tell me that me and my SIL can't each order:

Soup, Salad, a tuna sandwich, and an ice tea for each of us?

Harriet

You can but it'll cost you $18.76, for your convenience of course. ($7.95x2 plus 18 percent grat).

OP may have been told 2 items but it meant two meals or entrées. I can see ordering 4 milks with only 3 in cabin. NCL doesn't want me to hold inventory for fear that it will go to waste, a legitimate concern.

In my defense a 13yo boy can easily devour 3-4 cartons of milk in a day, especially if there are cookies or cereal nearby.

I don't plan to use room service, but if my family wants it we'll pay any applicable fees and enjoy our vacation.

Is milk free all day or only 630 to 10?

Limiting to two items per person would not surprise me. When people didn't want to pay for rs they went to O'Sheehans for take out and NCL stopped that. People figure if they are paying for rs they are going to combine orders. We use rs a lot and I was planning on placing one order, if any, since my sons are in another room. Coming out of my pocket so why should I have to pay for $15.90 when they are right next door. Now NCL will make sure this does not happen. They want the $$ and they are forcing people to pay. NCL seems to forget that almost all these passengers booked and paid when room service was free.

That is an interesting way to look at it.

Since the same people also booked when the Asian Restaurants had a charge (now they are FREE), would you insist that NCL charge them for their meals there since it was a charge restaurant at the time of booking??

Milk is free only between 6:30am till 10:00am. After that the milk is free but it will cost you $7.95 for the "convenience fee ".

Which means.....order two cartons of milk every morning before 10 a.m. for each person that is in your stateroom. Store what's not used in the mini-fridge and there will be plenty of milk for later in the day....until you order more milk the next morning.

Harriet

Yes, look way down in the bottom right corner. It's the finer print under the fine print. ;)

Yep, now I see it. My take on that.....

4/15 is when they actually decided to go with this menu....maybe for the 'test' ships. When they put it out there for everyone they simply never removed it.

Sorta like if you look at the Asian Restaurants that now show are complementary.....but if you click on the menu at the bottom of the menu it says, $15.00. NCL just never changed everything.

Harriet

Why is nobody correcting to 2 x $7.95 postings? The service charge is $7.95 per order not person. Also there is no 18% gratuity of stuff without a price tag. If you order the special occasion items you pay the gratuity and not the service charge.

I don't have time to read thru all of these posts, but another group is posting that they were charged the $7.95 fee plus 18% gratuity for room service.

The only thing they could have been charged 18% on would be a bar order. There are no prices for any items on the room service menu except for special occasion items. I would expect to pay the service for the food items and the 18% on bar service items.

I know everyone was speculating on this loophole. But, there really was no loophole.

Why is nobody correcting to 2 x $7.95 postings? The service charge is $7.95 per order not person. Also there is no 18% gratuity of stuff without a price tag. If you order the special occasion items you pay the gratuity and not the service charge.
I have a number of times, quoting a post from a returning passenger, but people will believe what they want to believe.

Posted by Pambo: We just got off the Getaway yesterday and had ordered breakfast twice from room service. There were two of us in the cabin....we had eggs, bacon, potatoes, grilled tomatoes, fruit plate with yogurt dip, toast, danish, coffee, and juice. Each day it was only one fee of $7.95 and we certainly had more than two items each.

Edited by NLH Arizona

I have a number of times, quoting a post from a returning passenger, but people will believe what they want to believe.

Posted by Pambo: We just got off the Getaway yesterday and had ordered breakfast twice from room service. There were two of us in the cabin....we had eggs, bacon, potatoes, grilled tomatoes, fruit plate with yogurt dip, toast, danish, coffee, and juice. Each day it was only one fee of $7.95 and we certainly had more than two items each.

I'm not sure you can really use this as a good example for that argument. Presumably they ordered their breakfast between 6:30 and 10:00 am. Which means most of those items were complementary anyways. What incurred the charge was the two hot breakfasts (bacon and eggs with sides). They would not be counting each individual item on the plate as an item. It is simply a hot breakfast with your choice of sides.

Rochelle

I'm not sure you can really use this as a good example for that argument. Presumably they ordered their breakfast between 6:30 and 10:00 am. Which means most of those items were complementary anyways. What incurred the charge was the two hot breakfasts (bacon and eggs with sides). They would not be counting each individual item on the plate as an item. It is simply a hot breakfast with your choice of sides.

Rochelle

Possibly, this is a better example. It is posted on the first page of this thread in response to Lovey Howell's post about her friends being told they would have to pay double.

We did not run into this. Just off the Getaway and ordered room service once for dinner. We ordered an appetizer, entree, and dessert each with no problem.

Possibly, this is a better example. It is posted on the first page of this thread in response to Lovey Howell's post about her friends being told they would have to pay double.

We did not run into this. Just off the Getaway and ordered room service once for dinner. We ordered an appetizer, entree, and dessert each with no problem.

Yes that is a much better example for that family.

Rochelle

You also seem to only believe the people coming back with sunshine and roses stories.

The majority of so called "rumors" of changes on NCL lately have played out to be reality, so I'm not sure why you think this will be any different.

Perhaps this one will turn out to be false, but you can't be surprised that we're all a little gun shy.

If you think NCL is the only cruise line that does trifling things to their guests after the fact- maybe you should rethink about booking any further trips with them. Personally, like I said before - the room service charge doesn't really affect me nor the takeout limitations at the restaurants / O'Sheenans. And the rumor regarding the buffet in another thread - again, easily solved with just going to the MDR for lunch and/or breakfast.

To some people it the end of the world and their going to starve to death on a cruise ship for the next 7 days, even in the ports- to me, its all meh and whatever....

The only thing they could have been charged 18% on would be a bar order. There are no prices for any items on the room service menu except for special occasion items. I would expect to pay the service for the food items and the 18% on bar service items.

I know everyone was speculating on this loophole. But, there really was no loophole.

I will have to re read the menu but when I first saw it I thought it was basically the opposite.

And here's yet another report - slightly different variety - from a FB group:

"I went for late snack back to cabin few weeks ago on Breakaway she said $7.95 charge eat here free, I left but we usually always too back food every cruise for free... this was 12th cruise Alot has changed!!"

And here's yet another report - slightly different variety - from a FB group:

"I went for late snack back to cabin few weeks ago on Breakaway she said $7.95 charge eat here free, I left but we usually always too back food every cruise for free... this was 12th cruise Alot has changed!!"

I saw that to. What I would like to know is are the people she hears things from better than the people you hear things from? Just curious.

My sister in law is on the getaway right now. I will take her word for sure. I asked her to find some things out. Hope to hear from her soon. I hope that's ok with her if I believe my SIL.

Geri

I saw that to. What I would like to know is are the people she hears things from better than the people you hear things from? Just curious.

My sister in law is on the getaway right now. I will take her word for sure. I asked her to find some things out. Hope to hear from her soon. I hope that's ok with her if I believe my SIL.

Geri

She's actually reporting her own first hand experience. Or at least that's how I read it?

I am very interested in hearing what your SIL reports!

Geri

We should totally give her missions:

Mission 1 - ask to have dinner from MDR boxed up to go as she has a headache.

Mission 2 - order dinner to go from O'Sheehan's

Mission 3 - order 3 complimentary items per person from RS

;)

We should totally give her missions:

Mission 1 - ask to have dinner from MDR boxed up to go as she has a headache.

Mission 2 - order dinner to go from O'Sheehan's

Mission 3 - order 3 complimentary items per person from RS

;)

I will text her if she has wifi she will answer me

As someone new to NCL, obviously during a 'time of change', I hope they print a list of rules, charges, what's allowed and not, and how to go about whatever and leave it on the counter in everyone's cabin. :eek: It's hard for a newbie like me to keep track.

Truly, I'm a reasonably intelligent, educated woman but I am more than confused by who will be charged what for whatever. :D I never object to small charges when on vacation and don't let it disturb me but I do like to get a grasp of what the company I am dealing with is doing.