Come on now ......

My husband once got a dressing down from someone for parking in a pregnant mother spot at the mall. He was retrieving the car from the space that I had left it in, when I waddled in to the mall with my huge pregnant belly, and then found myself unable to waddle back out to it. You can't judge every situation by only the facts you see in front of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said. :)

This makes me crazy!!

Why do you ASSume that because someone looks fine [to you] they don't need to use the elevator? And, what right do you have to decide who should or shouldn't use an elevator?

Stop judging people!

Don't go crazy, EVERY CRUISE EVERY DAY we see VERY HEALTHY VERY MOBILE PEOPLE using the elevators to go up or down one or two flights. Don't pretend there are not lots of perfectly healthy people using the elevators for no good reason. I've always wondered if it's that they are just lazy, or don't realize there are stairways they could use.......It's almost bizzare when you watch a bunch of teenagers for example barge on an elevator and go DOWN one floor........ and there is a stairway 10 feet away.......

There are some truly disabled people who could use that elevator without the competition. :(

Edited by bouhunter

Don't go crazy, EVERY CRUISE EVERY DAY we see VERY HEALTHY VERY MOBILE PEOPLE using the elevators to go up or down one or two flights. Don't pretend there are not lots of perfectly healthy people using the elevators for no good reason. I've always wondered if it's that they are just lazy, or don't realize there are stairways they could use.......It's almost bizzare when you watch a bunch of teenagers for example barge on an elevator and go DOWN one floor........ and there is a stairway 10 feet away.......

There are some truly disabled people who could use that elevator without the competition. :(

I fully agree. This argument always brings out the "you dont know me, I have bad.....so dont judge me" people and while they certainly have a point, the REAL truth is, about 80% of the people that use the elevator could take the stairs. Most of them NEED to take the stairs! So yes Im judging here.

Now people here can pile on me if they want to but I have to raise the BS flag on elevators full of 20s - 40s people or teenagers have disabling conditions that dont allow use of stairs. :rolleyes:

As a disabled, totally wheelchair bound passenger that can ONLY use the elevators, these are MY observations only. This is NOT something that ruins my cruise but only my observations. If I could get my legs back you would NEVER see me on another cruise ship elevator again! You can bet on that!

Edited by ryano

I agree that there are lots of "VERY HEALTHY VERY MOBILE PEOPLE using the elevators to go up or down one or two flights." It would be nice if they took the stairs instead. I can walk up a couple of flights but walking down is a nightmare these days and I should would love not to have competition for the elevators which are, at times, in short supply. But and it's a BIG BUT, those very healthy and very mobile people paid the same fare I did (OK some maybe more, some maybe less) and have the same right as any customer to use the facilities the same as me.

In the gym I can only use a stationary bike or the elliptical, not the stair stepper or the tread mill. Should other people get off the bike or the elliptical just because me and my wonky knees show up? It would be nice but they paid to use whatever equipment is in the gym the same as I did. If I can't use the other equipment it not their fault, genetics and 45+ years of playing goal is at fault.

The original topic: people not grabbing hand sanitizer in their way into MDRs or buffet room.

Current topic: people being judgmental on both sides of the discussion about elevator use.

Gotta love the Internet.

Just off the Indy on sunday:

People, please use the hand sanitizer stations in the windjammer and dining rooms. It's for yours and our protection. Don't just walk past them. These are the same people that poop and don't wash their hands I'll bet.

Unless you are 80, use a wheel chair, or a cane please feel free to walk up or down ONE deck using the stairs instead of stopping a full elevator full of people to be so lazy.

Please ditch your beat up Harley Davidson shirt and hockey jersey and show up in the main dining room looking presentable and show respect for once in your life... slobs.

In the Windjammer, don't stand around the buffett holding conversations with 10 of family members blocking traffic and food accessability. Go sit down and get out of the way.

Thanks ....

The original topic: people not grabbing hand sanitizer in their way into MDRs or buffet room.

Current topic: people being judgmental on both sides of the discussion about elevator use.

Gotta love the Internet.

Here is the OP, elevators were there from the beginning.

The cruise was darn near perfect and the ship was extra clean and the staff was great .... but that makes for boring conversation.

So you would rather talk about tiny stuff that means nothing but bugs you, as it's apparently more interesting? Knowing full well that you will start a storm.

ok.

Did you read what the OP posted? :p

He definitely has a gripe about elevator use. It was his second complaint.

Edited by ryano

People, please use the hand sanitizer stations in the windjammer and dining rooms. It's for yours and our protection. Don't just walk past them. These are the same people that poop and don't wash their hands I'll bet.

Unless you are 80, use a wheel chair, or a cane please feel free to walk up or down ONE deck using the stairs instead of stopping a full elevator full of people to be so lazy.

Please ditch your beat up Harley Davidson shirt and hockey jersey and show up in the main dining room looking presentable and show respect for once in your life... slobs.

In the Windjammer, don't stand around the buffett holding conversations with 10 of family members blocking traffic and food accessability. Go sit down and get out of the way.

Thanks ....

Agree with everything but the elevator use is necessary for people "of a certain age" who have knee problems. In my case can walk quite a long way but stairs are a "killer" .

No, when they can run to catch it before the door closes while laughing and are 40 years old it's pretty easy to judge and call them lazy and more or less rude.

You beat me to it.

YES - there are certainly cases where it looks like someone might be able to use the stairs when in actuality they can't but the majority of the time it is just laziness. AND, you know what? Most times I do not want to take the stairs if I am only going up 3-4 flights yet I still do. Why? Because I have a general concern for my health and would like to think that staying active (in other words TAKING THE STAIRS) will be of benefit to me later in life.

Edited by Sascol

You beat me to it.

YES - there are cases where it looks like someone might be able to use the stairs when in actuality they can't but the majority of the time it is just laziness.

Agree about the laziness thing but when did it become a crime to be lazy? Isn't that what vacations are for? Decompress, be lazy, eat badly, drink too much, for 7 days until people get back to the Grind.

As I said above, those lazy people paid to use the ship's facilities just like me. If they want to be lazy, so be it. I'm not their Dad, or their MD.

Edited by DirtyDawg

Agree about the laziness thing but when did it become a crime to be lazy? Isn't that what vacations are for? Decompress, be lazy, eat badly, drink too much, for 7 days until people get back to the Grind.

Well......that's why I nap in a chair for an hour after I climb the stairs!

They clearly need people enforcing hand sanitizing in the WJ, checking disability paperwork by the elevators on each deck (if we're not in US waters, it's probably not illegal to ask someone if they have a disability that causes them to need to ride the elevator, right?), and enforcing the "dress code" in the dining room. That sounds like an efficient use of manpower and a cruise line I want to sail on.

I'm 38 and in good shape and have a torn meniscus in my knee that may require surgery. Typically if I only have to go 3-4 floor (up or down) I take the stairs. Right now they are very difficult as my knee will lock in place at times. So I took the elevator last cruise just in case. You never know what issues someone is having!

OP - I understand what you are saying about the elevator but it is very difficult for us to take full advantage of the Unlimited Drink Package and then take the stairs.

THIS is why CC needs a "like" button! :D:D

I know some people have problems with the alcohol hand sanitizer - it can cause skin irritations.

However I agree that common/basic hygiene should be practised by everyone. It's a shame it doesn't.

PROTIP: Sanatise your hands before entering the windjammer and then again after you've made your food selection (ie: just before eating). That way if the tongs were 'contaminated', it will reduce your chance of being sick.

On the Quantum, they have installed sinks/faucet/soap to wash you hands prior to entering the WJ. I took advantage of this facility. There's been discussions that state that hand sanitizers really don't prevent anything.

I bring my own anti-bacterial hand soap and wash my hands before doing pretty much anything on the ship. I don't need to resanitize my hands 40 times if I just washed them with more effective soap. I don't really care about anyone's peace of mind with this. My cruise isn't to make you feel better that I used hand sanitizer when you should already be regularly washing your hands.

OP - I understand what you are saying about the elevator but it is very difficult for us to take full advantage of the Unlimited Drink Package and then take the stairs.

"LIKE"

HAHAHAHA

Not feeling very well today but this made me smile. :)

I also smiled about everything the OP said. Sorry but I agree with most all of it. I do have a sister who couldn't take the stairs if she wanted to and she's only in her 40's but I'm pretty sure you could tell by the way she walked up to the elevator. I on the other had take the stairs every chance I can and I'm 39. I know how I eat on a cruise and I never gain an ounce because I take the stairs. That's how I keep the pounds off from all the food and frozen drinks.

Maybe I have sanitizer in my pocket, you know the ones from bath and body works, that are ALCOHOL free? Thanks for telling me what to do.

Thanks ....