Prepaid Gratuities.

My DW and I called our travel agent to change our dining schedule from early seating to MTD. We received the confirmation by email and noticed that the TA added "prepaid gratuities" to our reservation. This is for a 4 night cruise and the prepaid gratuities total $96.00. Is this $96 the prepaid tips for the entire cruise or is it just for the dining staff? It doesn't specify in the confirmation.

My DW and I called our travel agent to change our dining schedule from early seating to MTD. We received the confirmation by email and noticed that the TA added "prepaid gratuities" to our reservation. This is for a 4 night cruise and the prepaid gratuities total $96.00. Is this $96 the prepaid tips for the entire cruise or is it just for the dining staff? It doesn't specify in the confirmation.

Your prepaid gratuities will cover your Dining Room Staff and your Cabin Attendant for the entire 4 days. It's $12pp per day for those booked in a Junior Suite or below cabin category.

Edited by cruisenfever

Patti we did MTD for the first time because DH wasn't sure he wanted to go right after our 54 day cruise so the daughter & I went with MTD, then he changed his mind and to late to change it. Either way, we pay the gratuity at the end of the beginning. It could be nice not seeing that $12/day X's 3 people on our bill.:) Although I will add his Beer/Soda package on there.

Gay

Edited by Desert Cruizers

That is everything. You will not pay any more gratuities other than this except on drinks which you pay those as you go.

• 4 months later...
We pre-paid our gratuities for our cruise, however, I didn't see it show up in our account the way our shipboard credits appeared?

Try contacting whoever booked your cruise and ask for Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. The gratuities should show up on that document.

Try contacting whoever booked your cruise and ask for Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. The gratuities should show up on that document.

Thanks Bob. I just got off the phone with RCI and the rep said that gratuities are charged to each stateroom daily.

We didn't seen any daily gratuity charges, so I'm assuming that our pre-paid gratuities were applied for our cruise.

Not sure if that's accurate of everyone's experiences with how gratuities work on RCi, but that's what the rep said.

It is for the entire cruise. RCI no longer requires those opting for MTD to prepay gratuities. If you do not want to prepay, it is your choice. I find it easier to prepay just because it is another expense out of the way. But everyone is different.

• 2 weeks later...
It is for the entire cruise. RCI no longer requires those opting for MTD to prepay gratuities. If you do not want to prepay, it is your choice. I find it easier to prepay just because it is another expense out of the way. But everyone is different.

When did this policy change? Can you provide a link where I can find this on the website?

Thanks?

When did this policy change? Can you provide a link where I can find this on the website?

Thanks?

Why do you need a link and/or a date? It's a fact and the truth.

No one is REQUIRED to pre-pay gratuities with the final payment of your cruise fare, regardless of the kind of dining selected.

You still MAY, but it is purely your choice.

If you do not pre-pay, $12.95 will be added to your SeaPass account daily, per person.

But here is a link to the Gratuities section of the Royal Caribbean website: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/subject.do?faqSubjectName=Gratuities&faqSubjectId=415&faqType=faq

Edited by Merion_Mom

Around May, about the same time RCI announced that tips are going up from 12 to 12.95. If some TA is asking you to prepay, that their own choice but it is not coming from RCI.

Thanks Bob. I just got off the phone with RCI and the rep said that gratuities are charged to each stateroom daily.

We didn't seen any daily gratuity charges, so I'm assuming that our pre-paid gratuities were applied for our cruise.

Not sure if that's accurate of everyone's experiences with how gratuities work on RCi, but that's what the rep said.

If Im reading correct, the response you got about the gratuities being charged to each stateroom daily sounds like you did not prepay your gratuities - if its not on your guest copy - then they don't have you down as pre-paying.

• 8 years later...

I'm unclear about how pre-paid gratuities work. Are they really "pre-paid"? Or are they just automatically placed on your bill to pay on the last night of the cruise?

Right now, my bill is zero. But I don't believe I have paid gratuities. I have looked on the site and cant find a place to. 

10 minutes ago, CuseJeff44 said:

I'm unclear about how pre-paid gratuities work. Are they really "pre-paid"? Or are they just automatically placed on your bill to pay on the last night of the cruise?

Right now, my bill is zero. But I don't believe I have paid gratuities. I have looked on the site and cant find a place to. 

You joined in 2003 is this a joke post as other people are reviving posts from 8 years ago??

1 minute ago, Pochi Hanaki said:

You joined in 2003 is this a joke post as other people are reviving posts from 8 years ago??

No. I guess I am asking, can I call and just pay them now, 2 months before sailing? I'd like to be as done as possible with all but the fun stuff when I get on board. 

1 minute ago, CuseJeff44 said:

No. I guess I am asking, can I call and just pay them now, 2 months before sailing? I'd like to be as done as possible with all but the fun stuff when I get on board. 

Check your original invoice. If you paid already it will be listed