All Things Ovation of the Seas!

Oh well...We were classed as the real Maiden Voyage and they made sure we knew it ..

The presents were a very nice touch indeed.

Hat

Coin

Chocolates

And the book

We also got a tour around the kitchens of Chic and the Grande that was a very nice touch indeed..

Hi. We paid for an upgrade from select to premium drinks package and were charged an 18% gratuity on this. Is this correct?

Yes, that is correct, you should have been charged $11.80 per day.

However' date=' Quantum class is definitely not for me (which I have said before but wanted to give it another try) and I wouldn't sail on any of those ships again but plenty of other ships I love to sail on! Looking forward to comparing this experience with the Harmony Maiden Voyage next month.

Hope you enjoyed your cruise on her.[/quote']

Hi! What is it you don't like about the Quantum class? Obviously not too big as you're off on Harmony shortly...that should be fun checking out those slides!!

We honestly didn't expect a thing but appreciated what we were given, lovely mementos of the cruise. I loved our cabin (owners suite on deck 12) and the staff were fantastic. However, Quantum class is definitely not for me (which I have said before but wanted to give it another try) and I wouldn't sail on any of those ships again but plenty of other ships I love to sail on! Looking forward to comparing this experience with the Harmony Maiden Voyage next month.

Hope you enjoyed your cruise on her.

We really enjoyed it! We are sailing on the Harmony too in October! Can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi! What is it you don't like about the Quantum class? Obviously not too big as you're off on Harmony shortly...that should be fun checking out those slides!!

It's just personal preference. It isn't size, it is layout and concept more than anything. I find the other ship classes suit my cruising style far more than Quantum Class does.

Allure is my favourite ship, so I am really looking forward to Harmony.

Just finished the survey, one thing I mentioned was that some of the clothes hangers are rough & snagged some of my clothes, Ladies, consider taking your own clothes hangers for your delicate clothes.

We didn't bother with the Diamond Lounge, it was always too crowded, we used the upstairs Music Hall bar instead & found Eka from Bali was very attentive & remembered our names & what we liked. At the top tier event I think the figures were 400 Diamond, 180 Diamond+ & 8 Pinnacle, that could answer why it was hard to find a seat in the Diamond Lounge. :rolleyes:

It's just personal preference. It isn't size, it is layout and concept more than anything. I find the other ship classes suit my cruising style far more than Quantum Class does.

Allure is my favourite ship, so I am really looking forward to Harmony.

Thanks for your reply! I hear a lot say they don't like the 'bigger' ships but also hear the Oasis class are really well laid out so they don't feel as huge as they are!

We'll start with Ovation, then hopefully will have chance to experience an Oasis class ship to compare (we are from Oz so unless they come to us like Ovation is, it's a big trip for us with some loooong flights involved!).

Cheers

Matt

At the top tier event I think the figures were 400 Diamond, 180 Diamond+ & 8 Pinnacle, that could answer why it was hard to find a seat in the Diamond Lounge. :rolleyes:

I made a note of the specific numbers: 444 Diamond, 182 Diamond+ and 23 Pinnacle... would make sense why I couldn't find a seat in peak times in either lounge!

Thanks for your reply! I hear a lot say they don't like the 'bigger' ships but also hear the Oasis class are really well laid out so they don't feel as huge as they are!

We'll start with Ovation, then hopefully will have chance to experience an Oasis class ship to compare (we are from Oz so unless they come to us like Ovation is, it's a big trip for us with some loooong flights involved!).

Cheers

Matt

Bigger ships definitely aren't an issue for me, if they are done right. I'd agree that Oasis Class and the neighbourhood layout does disperse people well and it doesn't feel crowded. I love the layout of Oasis Class, easy to navigate and very accessible.

Just got off ovation yesterday. Had an amazing time and I loved the ship but I don't think I'd sail on a quantum class again. I love the big ships so it's not about that, I'm going on harmony on October and can't wait. My biggest problem was the dining situation on quantum class. Didnt ruin my holiday at all But just wasn't for me or my grandma.

The shows were amazing. The dream was good and loved all of the headliner shows. Spectres caboret was good in terms of the technology, But generally I hated it. There was no theme or story, it was just a whole load of crazy and was really confusing. Gave me a massive headache and needed some fresh air afterwards! I'm 23 as well so not as if I'm not used to loud music and flashing lights!

I did miss some of the entertainment I've seen on other ships like the quest, pool parties, and the daytime things by the pool like the cheesy activities that are a laugh! I don't know why some of these things wernt on this cruise, could be the length of cruise or the lack of studio b for the quest, not really sure what determines what entertainment there is.

Overall it was a brilliant holiday and wished I was on for another week!

Just got off ovation yesterday. Had an amazing time and I loved the ship but I don't think I'd sail on a quantum class again. I love the big ships so it's not about that, I'm going on harmony on October and can't wait. My biggest problem was the dining situation on quantum class. Didnt ruin my holiday at all But just wasn't for me or my grandma.

The shows were amazing. The dream was good and loved all of the headliner shows. Spectres caboret was good in terms of the technology, But generally I hated it. There was no theme or story, it was just a whole load of crazy and was really confusing. Gave me a massive headache and needed some fresh air afterwards! I'm 23 as well so not as if I'm not used to loud music and flashing lights!

I did miss some of the entertainment I've seen on other ships like the quest, pool parties, and the daytime things by the pool like the cheesy activities that are a laugh! I don't know why some of these things wernt on this cruise, could be the length of cruise or the lack of studio b for the quest, not really sure what determines what entertainment there is.

Overall it was a brilliant holiday and wished I was on for another week!

Do you know By Chance what the Price of the Voom packages were per day if purchased for the entire cruise? Also The surf and streak Package?

Thanks.:)

In case you missed them, Cruise Critic has published a few new stories about Ovation, particularly what will happen to the ship in China and Australia.

4 new Australia/NZ cruises added this summer: http://www.cruisecritic.com.au/news/news.cfm?ID=6988

Ovation redesigned for China:

http://www.cruisecritic.com.au/articles.cfm?ID=2315

Ovation adapted for Australians:

http://www.cruisecritic.com.au/news/news.cfm?ID=6953

They are opening the Gucci shop this evening onboard.

This could be expensive!!

c356734feb8c489f9a5662a4b11af0d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Go on. You know you want to.

Given the amount of Chinese onboard I think it will be stripped bare within minutes!

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Got o use the elbows!!

Welcome to Gibraltar to those of you onboard! She's looking great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ship IS great. Unfortunately the weather in Gib... not so. Its warm, 19 but wet

Edited by icsys

We were onboard from 22nd - 29th April. It was our first time with RCI, never mind a behemoth like Ovation!

There were some things that I didn't like so much as other lines and I think I would have been short of things to do in the daytime if I hadn't been a quizzer (can't do the exercise classes etc).

On the whole the number of people was managed well and was not a problem - the only exception being the queue for a shuttle bus in Le Havre, which wasn't RCI's fault anyway.

We had the 'select' drinks package included. Hubby was fine with that, I upgraded to Premium aboard and that worked well.

However, we still had a lovely week and I would certainly go RCI again if the price was right :)