Real Benefits of Aqua or Concierge?

KazAllen

I do my homework well and book early. That way' date=' I get Aqua PLUS location location location. My next cruise is 1605, midship, extra large balcony. Check it out :)[/quote']

We were 03 which is also excellent, the only negative is I would prefer the Starboard side so as to avoid any possible smoke coming up from one of the smoking areas on the port side.

We were 03 which is also excellent, the only negative is I would prefer the Starboard side so as to avoid any possible smoke coming up from one of the smoking areas on the port side.

I hear ya. But 1605 is still prime real estate!! Wish I was there now.....although winter will be sweeter :)

We are doing Aqua next week because of the deal we got. For $100 more pp we got all the perks of 1 2 3,upgrading from regular to cc then our TA upgraded us to Blu for free plus she gave us another $100 obc and upgraded us to the higher aqua level,deck 11 aft at no extra charge. So Aqua was an obvious choice for us.

Laura

We did Aqua for a similar reason. We had booked ourselves in a concierge balcony with a classic drink package from the pick your perk promo. We found a TA that was offering free grats and upgrade from the classic drink package (which was included by celebrity) to premium package if we booked Aqua, concierge or suite. Aqua was only about 50pp or so more than we had originally booked. So for $100 total more, we moved to Aqua and got free gratuities and upgraded to premium package. Plus we got the benefits of Aqua, which were mainly Blu and Persian gardens area.

Also Aqua has priority embarkation, but so did concierge. We only waited a few minutes to board the ship, which was nice.

We upgraded from a balcony to Aqua - actually we had to cancel the balcony and rebook the Aqua as the offer on the Aqua meant we would pay less than the remaining $ on the balcony. $100 less OBC but still received the drink package. Booked a guaranty (I know, very risky) but were allocated a cabin just below the seating area of Aqua cafe (not the kitchen). We found it much too hot to sit on the balcony on med cruises so the shade will be welcome. Then we have Blu and the Relaxation Spa to look forward to.

It should also be pointed out that sometimes Celebrity does promotions where benefits kick in at Concierge or Aqua as opposed to having a veranda cabin. If you can get a CC or AQ cab in for 150more pp which might include a drink package, that is a benefit.

If it was me, based on the prices I would give AQ a try.

This is exactly what led me to book our first AQ cabin for our 2017 Equinox cruise. At CC or AQ, the classic drink package and paid grats kicked in. The difference between an A2 and a 1B was about $175pp. This is also our first chance to book an AQ, since it will just me the wife and I, and all AQ's are double occupancy only. Looking forward to trying Blu.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc

Thanks for the clarification on dress code...great to have that option. As we haven't been on Celebrity before, this will be our first time and in Aqua Class...can you describe what Persian Gardens is ....a swimming pool? Thanks so much!☺️

The Persian Gardens is a wanna be sorta kinda steam room without any steam!

It is a relaxation area with a great view of the passing ocean while stretched out on a stone lounger.

EW

This is our first Celebrity cruise (Diamond Plus on Royal) and I booked an Aqua after many suggestions from previous cruisers. We are on Equinox in 1610, did I make a good choice? I know I wanted Aqua but have no idea about cabin location on X ships. I look forward to be coming more "informed" on this line. Love all the feedback from all of you.

This is our first Celebrity cruise (Diamond Plus on Royal) and I booked an Aqua after many suggestions from previous cruisers. We are on Equinox in 1610, did I make a good choice? I know I wanted Aqua but have no idea about cabin location on X ships. I look forward to be coming more "informed" on this line. Love all the feedback from all of you.

The way I read the deck plan is that 1610 is one of 12 AQ cabins that have larger than normal balconies. And 1610 is one of the ones with the largest balcony. It's also a good mid ship location. I'd say you probably couldn't have done better.

The Persian Gardens is a wanna be sorta kinda steam room without any steam!

It is a relaxation area with a great view of the passing ocean while stretched out on a stone lounger.

EW

Thank you for explaining. Guess I will have to see it to really understand the attraction. Must be a pretty busy place on a big ship. Thanks again!

Welcome to Celebrity! You will wonder why you waited so long to sail.

Ok, as a D+ you have surely sailed in a hump cabin on a Voyager or Freedon class ship. The design is the same on Celebrity and 1610 is on the angle of the hump which gives you the deeper balcony, mid ship, great local.

Thank you for explaining. Guess I will have to see it to really understand the attraction. Must be a pretty busy place on a big ship. Thanks again!

Busy? An attraction? ;) 50/50 as they do have a time limit so more can kick back. Enforcement:rolleyes: now that is like, well, you know! But not normally a problem to get a lounger

Don, please. The smoking area is on deck 5, the 1600 cabins are on deck 11. Even when docked with no breeze, there is no chance of any smell, let alone second hand fume coming up 6 stories to be disturbing to someone on their balcony. The chance gets even more faint if the ship is underway.

I would be more concerned with a drunk trying to see if they could spit in the ocean from the deck above, and the wind, well you get get the 'drift' :eek:

I guess sometimes you just get lucky! Thanks for the info on 1610, we sail in hump cabins whenever we can. In fact, a couple weeks ago on Freedom we were back of the hump. We are truly looking forward to this cruise. As loyal Royal cruisers, we felt it was time to venture out and X sounds like a really great fit for us. We like everything we have been hearing. We are in our 60's so we don't do the rock climbing walls, the flowrider, etc. My girls and I DID enjoy the carousel on Oasis & Allure though, you just can't take the kid out of me! But, we certainly don't choose a ship based on that. We enjoy just being at sea.

I guess sometimes you just get lucky! Thanks for the info on 1610, we sail in hump cabins whenever we can. In fact, a couple weeks ago on Freedom we were back of the hump. We are truly looking forward to this cruise. As loyal Royal cruisers, we felt it was time to venture out and X sounds like a really great fit for us. We like everything we have been hearing. We are in our 60's so we don't do the rock climbing walls, the flowrider, etc. My girls and I DID enjoy the carousel on Oasis & Allure though, you just can't take the kid out of me! But, we certainly don't choose a ship based on that. We enjoy just being at sea.

You are going to love an angle of the hump on an S-Class Celebrity ship! You already know exactly what to expect. Our last time on the Freedom, 2011, we were in an aft Jr. The super structure ruined the view, wish we had of stayed on the hump. We too are in our 60'ties, well I am, the wifesters is close!:eek::D

Our DD, 31, worked on ship for Royal, but Celebrity is her favorite line.

Please let us know your thoughts when you get back.

EW

ps: when are you sailing? We were on the Equinox last Nov for the 11 day sailing, and are back again this Nov for the 10 Day sailing.

Edited by wallie5446

Don, please. The smoking area is on deck 5, the 1600 cabins are on deck 11. Even when docked with no breeze, there is no chance of any smell, let alone second hand fume coming up 6 stories to be disturbing to someone on their balcony. The chance gets even more faint if the ship is underway.

I would be more concerned with a drunk trying to see if they could spit in the ocean from the deck above, and the wind, well you get get the 'drift' :eek:

There is also smoking on the pool deck and upper decks on the port side, sunset bar on the port side. You could have a problem in some places on the upper decks on port side.

There is also smoking on the pool deck and upper decks on the port side, sunset bar on the port side. You could have a problem in some places on the upper decks on port side.

At least there are no passenger cabins up there:D

wallie5446, we are sailing 3/25/16. We just got our revised itinerary yesterday telling us that Dominica is dropped and we will overnight in St. Maarten. Never done that before either, so I guess they are trying to teach this old dog some new tricks! Never been to Dominica so don't know if I will be missing anything but I am pretty much happy just being onboard a cruiseship so it would take a lot to disappoint me and this doesn't seem to come close.

wallie5446, we are sailing 3/25/16. We just got our revised itinerary yesterday telling us that Dominica is dropped and we will overnight in St. Maarten. Never done that before either, so I guess they are trying to teach this old dog some new tricks! Never been to Dominica so don't know if I will be missing anything but I am pretty much happy just being onboard a cruiseship so it would take a lot to disappoint me and this doesn't seem to come close.

We are on the same route in Nov and have never been to Dominica. CC friends seem to be split 50/50, but :eek: our day there is Thanksgiving! And as with most Roll Calls we have folks from all over that will be spending the day in the GastroBar watching football!:D

St Maarten is one of our favorite stops, so we too would have been ok with an overnight. We have only done it one time, in Nassau 25 yrs ago, it was cool.

Edited by wallie5446

We have stayed Aqua cabins and for us it is a must for us because of Blu. It is so nice to go down for breakfast in the morning with a set table usually by the window and order off the menu, instead of dealing with buffet. Especially if you like made to order omelets....

Just to clarify, the main dining room also offers menu dining for breakfast (including omelets, eggs Benedict, etc) for any category of room. No need to deal with the buffet.

Aqua and Blu are supposed to be great. We can do it do to the fact no adjoining cabins, and we always travel with our family. Concierge, I have been told by Celebrity reservations people that it isn't worth the up charge if you are Elite and above. Most of the Conciege perks you get as an Elite or above.

Just off Summit last week and was in Aqua for the 2nd time. Blu was terrific, service was outstanding and food was delicious as it was the first time. I've read several complaints about the main dining room on that cruise, so if the price is right I will always book Aqua or a Suite from now on just for the more intimate dining rooms.

I've read on CC about the dress code on formal nights in Blu several times, so on this cruise I surveyed the room on both formal nights and 95% of the men wore jackets on both formal night. DH wears a tie to work most days (doesn't want to on vacations), so only wore a dress shirt and slacks both formal nights and didn't feel out of place. The dress code is supposed to be smart casual in Blu, but I did notice on the Dailys there was a notice that said the entire ship is considered formal night, but I've never noticed that before.

Also, the Persian Garden includes the heated beds (on S class ships) and heated bench (M class ships). There are also wet and dry saunas in separate rooms. The Persian Gardens on S class ships were built into the back of the ship, so have a wonderful view. On M class they were an add on, so the area is enclosed without the view. Some complain it's too dark, but I did enjoy the area almost as much as I have on S class ships.

Summit has the wonderful therapool in the solarium which is wonderful and relaxing, wish I was in it now!

Is it correct that Persian Gardens is aft on Equinox? I thought when we first booked and were in a forward cabin starboard side that deck plans showed this area in front of the ship on the port side. We are now midship on the hump so either location would work.