Celebrity: What's up with Infinity September-October 2016

milesfromu

If you look now on Celebrity there is a 4 night cruise on Infinity starting on Oct 23, 2016

Interesting!....Thanks for the update, We might have booked it as an add on to our 10/27/16 ABC Island cruise....except Key West is on both itins so not really worth the extra fare....,

Good that there are some answers after a long wait for many cruisers even if some are not happy with the outcome.

Edited by hcat

Well our sept 11 pacific coastal has become a cruise to Alaska. Just like that, Celebrity thinks we are going to Alaska.

This cruise line is now so arrogant as to think that they can completely change the destination and not inform the client.

They are now calling it the surprise box!

You book a cruise and then wonder what it will become as time goes on.

The whole idea of the surprise is that they will do all they can to not give you any information, no matter how you try and in fact will do all they can to mislead you.

Until one day you see that you better get some warm clothes, cause Alaska in September is definitely not San Diego in September.

I am very angry. Im sorry for the sarcasm. The truth is today our cruise on the Infinity for Sept 11 to Catalina Island, Monterey, San Fran, San Diego has become an Alaskan cruise.

With still no information, no phone call, no email from Celebrity.

Outrageous!!!!

Well our sept 11 pacific coastal has become a cruise to Alaska. Just like that, Celebrity thinks we are going to Alaska.

This cruise line is now so arrogant as to think that they can completely change the destination and not inform the client.

The whole idea of the surprise is that they will do all they can to not give you any information, no matter how you try and in fact will do all they can to mislead you.

Until one day you see that you better get some warm clothes, cause Alaska in September is definitely not San Diego in September.

I am very angry. Im sorry for the sarcasm. The truth is today our cruise on the Infinity for Sept 11 to Catalina Island, Monterey, San Fran, San Diego has become an Alaskan cruise.

Outrageous!!!!

Checking Celebrity site and finally found our missing Oct 17, 2016 Infinity ABC Island cruise. It has become Oct 7, 2016, 16 day Panama Cruise from SF to FLL.

No notice from Celebrity. Waiting to hear when i can expect my deposit back.

Way to Go Celebrity in treating your loyal customers. Would have appreciated notice prior to the cruise being posted on Celebrity site for booking:(

Our 9/18 15 day Panama cruise has been changed to a 7 day Pacific coastal. And get this for the same price as the Panama cruise WTH!!!!! Our TA went and pulled our booking info and found this out, no call from Celebrity. She will be calling in the morning.

Celebrity could have just left us on the 16 nt SF-FLL and informed us of the new dates. We live in SF Bay Area so it will still work for us. We have not lost our cabin we had on the original booking.:p

It is going to get ugly at the Celebrity call centers...

Our 9/18 15 day Panama cruise has been changed to a 7 day Pacific coastal. And get this for the same price as the Panama cruise WTH!!!!! Our TA went and pulled our booking info and found this out, no call from Celebrity. She will be calling in the morning.

Celebrity could have just left us on the 16 nt SF-FLL and informed us of the new dates. We live in SF Bay Area so it will still work for us. We have not lost our cabin we had on the original booking.:p

It is going to get ugly at the Celebrity call centers...

Excuse me for LOL, what in the world is Celebrity thinking ??? we are --- stupid ???

Edited by texkan

Outrageous!!!!

It's still not listed on our reservations page so that I can cancel it.

Excuse me for LOL, what in the world is Celebrity thinking ??? we are --- stupid ???

I don't think that they give even that much thought to us. They only think about their money... the heck with their customers.

I love the new 7-day Pac Coastal cruise, Vancouver to SF. Lots of great ports, only 1 sea day, even an overnight in SF for those not from the Bay Area. That should be popular!

It probably will be popular. But so is a Vancouver to San Diego. Most Pacific Coastals fill up rapidly and are popular because the West Coast has so few options.

I might have even considered changing our previous bookings, if possible, to include the new Vancouver to SF, and then fly home from SF. But I am totally turned off by the way Celebrity handled this. Would it have been impossible for them to notify those of us who had booked sailing during this time period and told us that they were in the process of doing some rescheduling. Just an email that said your Sept 11 booking might be changed - hang in there, and we'll get back to you with your options - would have gone a LONG way in making me more willing to just wait to see what the new options might be. After all, it is over a year away. It's the total lack of communication when a cruise disappears from your reservations that upsets me. As it is, having had two cruises with Celebrity cancelled and handled in such a cavalier attitude, I am definitely NOT going to even consider Celebrity for any future cruises. I'll no longer be checking the Celebrity site once I get my deposit back. I doubt that they even care.

I have the Oct 17, 2016 cruise booked with my last Future Cruise Certificate. I haven't heard anyhtignform Celebrity or my TA about the change or cancellation. I will be happy if I can get my deposit back for that certificate. I have no intentions of buying any more or making any more bookings with Celebrity. I will still have 4 more cruises booked with Celebrity and thankfully they can be canceled with refund of my deposit.

The grass does look greener.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I love the new 7-day Pac Coastal cruise, Vancouver to SF. Lots of great ports, only 1 sea day, even an overnight in SF for those not from the Bay Area. That should be popular!

I also really like the Sept. 25 itinerary, and had my TA move my Sept. 11 cruise (now to Alaska) to it.

Our agent just called. Sept 11 cancelled. Nothing for us.

Disgusting!!!

I am cancelling our 4 future cruises.

Our money needs to do the talking that you dont treat clients this way.

I am putting a new topic up. Letting people know how we now feel about Celebrity.

Our TA is one of the highest volume TAs for X. They knew nothing and had to call X to get details on what to do. Although the 25th is a nice itinerary it is not as nice or of similar value as the original 9/11 sailing. As for our other booking, no alternatives. We cancelled both and requested cancellation forms for our other three X bookings, one of which had an altered itinerary too under the new overnight program.

Wishing everyone well going forward.

We Booked 10/07/16 and it was canceled. (Thank you for Cruise Critic peeps for the info) I got the run around for 2 days. Finally this morning they offered us 200 OBC and to price lock a Coastal Cruise ( which i am totally not interested) The same cruise on 10/27/16 I got switched to but had to pay the price difference. What makes me mad is how much i have spent over last 3 years with Celebrity (about 20,000 dollars) and they could not price match the cruise on 10/27/16 the 200 OBC does not even begin to cover how much was between the two cruises and we don't get the room next to the penthouse that we originally had in the first place. I am not mad they canceled the cruise I am mad how cheap they are and they recovery process.

Edited by downing84

After contacting our TA with all the known info about our 10/17/2016 ABC cruise, she confirmed it was cancelled. When I asked about the 10/7/2016 Infinity cruise (16 days) which is listed on the website she said that one was going to be cancelled to! Celebritys offer to us is an additional $200 OBC, and the same fare on a 12/9/2016 cruise. We were just on that exact cruise 2 months ago!! Are they stupid?? And their offer is only good until 6/15/15. They kept us in limbo for over a month but I have to decide on an alternate cruise in 2 weeks? I do believe Celebrity has just lost me as a customer!

Still NO word from Celebrity about the cancellation of our Infinity cruise.

TA was still in dark yesterday and I have not heard from TA yet.

I do not like the way Celebrity has treated everyone on these cruises. This is NOT good business practice unless Celebrity thinks that we like to be treated poorly and will continue to book with Celebrity in the future. Guess Celebrity is busy with Grass is Greener on Celebrity Promo (NOT)

sent several emails to celebrity about my 10/07/2016 cruise. my cruise planner called and we re-booked the same cruise for 10/27/2016. he said he didn't know about the 10/07 change until he received my emails.

we kept the same price and 123 go benefits we had on the 10/07 cruise. we had to move several rooms down and stayed in the same class room.

since we're retired the change doesn't bother me----sorry celebrity didn't react faster to the changes

Our agent just called. Sept 11 cancelled. Nothing for us.

Disgusting!!!

I am cancelling our 4 future cruises.

Our money needs to do the talking that you dont treat clients this way.

I am putting a new topic up. Letting people know how we now feel about Celebrity.

It's not that there isn't a cruise on Sept. 11, but it is going to Alaska instead of down the Pacific Coast. I was not happy about being in limbo for several weeks, but I'm glad Celebrity is still doing several Pacific Coast cruises.

I understand being upset with Celebrity about their lack of communication, but I think some of you are "biting your nose to spite your face"!

Agree with you, NancyIL. I called my TA this morning and it's the first he's heard of it. I explained some of the changes I'd read about and the new cruises listed on X's website, the deletion on our reservation list, and that we are interested in transferring to the Sept. 25 Pacific Coastal; but he didn't even see that cruise listed on his computer! I told him I saw it on X's site, but there's no telling what's going on; he's looking into it and will get back to me.

I know cruise lines can cancel and/or change cruises and I really don't have a problem with that. Of course, I'm not too happy with the "why" X changed and/or cancelled these cruises; it seems X is motivated more by corporate greed than customer satisfaction, but then, I think they all are on some level. More than anything, I'm concerned mostly about the serious lack of communication from X, especially to the TA's booking their cruises. Well, at least it wasn't a cruise that was "just around the corner," so there's time to adjust, if you can.

This is why we jumped over to Princess for the ABC cruise 11/7/16 Still have not heard anything from Celebrity. Being ignored when asking what happened is whats making everyone upset. :confused:

Hello my friend Pat. Rudy and I have a March 2017 cruise on Equinox which lost a port in favor of an overnight in St. Maarten. I found a similar cruise on Royal so we too will be cancelling our Celebrity cruise. We have NOT been advised of the change either. Will Sharon and Mike be sailing with you?

Hello my friend Pat. Rudy and I have a March 2017 cruise on Equinox which lost a port in favor of an overnight in St. Maarten. I found a similar cruise on Royal so we too will be cancelling our Celebrity cruise. We have NOT been advised of the change either. Will Sharon and Mike be sailing with you?

Yes Mike and Sharon are joining us, We are looking forward to visiting the ABC islands together. We cant do Panama for 16 days so we switched. :) People are more irritated with the lack of communication and the rumors around whether or not we were cancelled sort of put people on edge.