Specialty Restaurant Men's Dress

lovetotraveltx

For those that have done specialty restaurants on celebrity, I know its smart casual but do people get dressed up or just dark pants and button down good for husband? He is bringing a suit for the 2 formal nights but I'm trying to avoid also bringing a sports jacket. Thanks!

For those that have done specialty restaurants on celebrity, I know its smart casual but do people get dressed up or just dark pants and button down good for husband? He is bringing a suit for the 2 formal nights but I'm trying to avoid also bringing a sports jacket. Thanks!

The dress code in the specialty restaurants are the same every night; smart casual. No coats or ties required or even common in my experience. Remember, these restaurants book up quickly on formal night for a reason; the dress clothes stay in the closet at home.

SPtrout is correct. Specialty restaurants are always smart casual, even on formal nights. We have found that about 50% of men and women dress up "formally" in the Specialty restaurants on Formal nights. We do not like taking sport coats and suits and just wear dress pants and button down long sleeve shirts. It is you vacation, as long as you follow the "rules" dress as comfortably as you want

On Formal Nights in Murano, most of the diners were nicely dressed. The vast majority of men have worn sport jackets. In fact, on one of our cruises, the maitre d' placed a sport jacket over the back of the chair of one gentleman who did not wear a jacket!

On Formal Nights in Murano, most of the diners were nicely dressed. The vast majority of men have worn sport jackets. In fact, on one of our cruises, the maitre d' placed a sport jacket over the back of the chair of one gentleman who did not wear a jacket!

Sorry, you are correct. I was actually referring to the other specialty restaurants, other than Murano. That one os in a class of its own.

Not in December anyway. I did not wear a coat and none were offered. We were seated in the middle next to a window. I do not remember if it was a formal night or not. I did not notice anyone dressed unusually (formal, or with coat and tie), but there probably was a few.

We dine in Murano, and the Murano-like restaurants on the M class ships, about 75% of the evenings, and from our experience, people do dress up more than just smart casual, even on the non-formal nights. You might see one or two men in just a shirt and slacks, but the vast majority dress up in at least a jacket. But it's not like that in the other specialties.

The hardest evening to get a booking for one of the speciality venues is on the 2 formal evenings. Because more and more are not packing a jacket at all.

Last Nov on the Equinox, pax were 50/50 in them, were as the MDR was close to 90% in a suit or nicer.

image.jpg.16597365195b1953ab9e0936edb9e62b.jpg

We would be in Olympic on millennium. So, he won't be out of place in dress shirt and dark pants and no coat or tie?

Your husband will not be out of place at all in a dress shirt and dark pants, with neither coat nor tie. Hope that you thoroughly enjoy the experience in the Olympic.

We would be in Olympic on millennium. So, he won't be out of place in dress shirt and dark pants and no coat or tie?

Hi,:)....he will not be out of place. I usually dine solo and love people

watching;)....I have seen many guys in both types of attire.....some

with jackets, some without, some with ties, some without,.....he will

be fine without.

Since when?

Hi Katie:)....it is in the same class as all the other Specialty Restaurants.

They are under one awning;)......I have seen plenty of men in a collared

shirt (think golf shirt) and no jacket or tie.

The degree of dress depends on the cruise.....I travel with a blue blazer and use that for formal night or any other time my wife tells me I have to wear it (40+ years have taught me "yes dear"). But the key word in the quoted post is MOST. Smart Casual is "required" (but not uniformly applied) so anything you do above that is certainly OK. Smart Casual does NOT require a jacket.

I do not accept jackets from maitre d's..I'd refuse it or if he insisted on leaving it on my chair, I'd just move it to some other chair at some other table.

• 2 weeks later...
The dress code in the specialty restaurants are the same every night; smart casual. No coats or ties required or even common in my experience. Remember, these restaurants book up quickly on formal night for a reason; the dress clothes stay in the closet at home.

Absolutely one of my favorite things about Celebrity!:D

In fact, on one of our cruises, the maitre d' placed a sport jacket over the back of the chair of one gentleman who did not wear a jacket!

How absurd. Why not just put a jacket on the back of all chairs on all nights? Presto! Every night is formal night and every one meets the dress code!

Edited by RocketMan275

I would have walked out and it wouldn't have ended pretty for the Maitre d'