Best way to book Chef's Table?

Meanee

There is a $15 discount (or something similar) with out wine.

My better half does not drink, but when we informed Maitre'D about it, no discount was given. They dug up a can of Sprite for her, but still poured wine. I had no complaints, since her wine went to me :)

My better half does not drink, but when we informed Maitre'D about it, no discount was given. They dug up a can of Sprite for her, but still poured wine. I had no complaints, since her wine went to me :)

The 2 different prices with/without are listed on the Princess website.

Also, I just uploaded pics from my recent Chef's Table.

http://imgu_r.com/a/UZKZ3

Don't watch on empty stomach, you may want to eat your monitor :)

Remove underscore. CruiseCritic boards would rather have you upload pics to them and create a completely craptastic compressed image of them.

Another link since CC boards suck: http://tllg.net/IDGLQylK

Edited by Meanee

Calling the reservation from our cabin as soon as we board has always worked for us.

We have attended the Chef's Table twice, each time we simply called from our cabin as soon as we boarded. It is a wonderful experience!:)

We have attended the Chef's Table twice, each time we simply called from our cabin as soon as we boarded. It is a wonderful experience!:)

Our first cruise on Princess was on Royal. I tried calling throughout the day, and couldn't get through. Everyone's just luckier than me :p

Our first cruise on Princess was on Royal. I tried calling throughout the day, and couldn't get through. Everyone's just luckier than me :p

That first day I have given up calling anyone for anything.

I prefer to track down a head waiter/asst MD/or the MD either in the DR or buffet in person.

Another thought. I think you have to be onboard and calling the DINE line before noon. Anytime after that and you're SOL. I tried on multiple cruises to get included for The Table but was always out of luck; on these cruises I boarded after 1:00. On the one cruise where I was selected, I was in my cabin and on the phone before noon./COLOR]

Another thought. I think you have to be onboard and calling the DINE line before noon. Anytime after that and you're SOL. I tried on multiple cruises to get included for The Table but was always out of luck; on these cruises I boarded after 1:00. On the one cruise where I was selected, I was in my cabin and on the phone before noon./COLOR]

Good point. :)

I have tried for the Chef's Table four times and have made the cut three times. Who knows why. We did not receive any notification the time we did not make the cut. Once we thought we weren't going to make it, but received the invitation on the fifth day of our cruise (Panama Canal, so there was still plenty of time).

My new favorite eating event is the Ultimate Balcony Dinner. I'll let others have a chance to have the Chef's Table experience, even though I enjoyed all three times.

My sister got through at 2:30 on the Royal Princess with out a problem.

I am never lucky with getting onboard early. I am usually in "Boarding group gazillion"

DINE usually sucks for me. I called for 45 minutes nonstop on Royal. Nothing. Tried an hour later, nothing. I mean, stupid thing was busy after sailaway.

• 1 month later...

I am hoping to book the chefs table on our next cruise in October. Are reservations first come first served. previous post use terms like "chosen and included" when they finally received confirmation. Does that mean someone looks at the list and decides who to include? Maybe platinum or suite passages get preference?

I've never done the Chef's table. Is it worth it? Can you describe your experience? I'm wondering if it might be something my husband might like to do. :confused:

At $75 per person I think it was worth it. Now I think it's up to $95 per person on older ships and it's $115 per person on the Royal and Regal. We attended the Chef's table when it was $75 and would book it again at that price. I would consider it at $95 if I never went before. $115pp is out of the question. I would rather attend the wine makers dinner on the new ships.

I've done this on Carnival and while I realize that's apples to oranges, I'm hoping Princess lives up to the Carnival experience. They sound very similar in how they are run. Despite some of Carnival's shortcomings, they do the steakhouse and Chef's Table extremely well.

Thanks for all the info.

I've done this on Carnival and while I realize that's apples to oranges, I'm hoping Princess lives up to the Carnival experience. They sound very similar in how they are run. Despite some of Carnival's shortcomings, they do the steakhouse and Chef's Table extremely well.

Thanks for all the info.

I've done it both on Carnival and Princess. While I swore I will not set my foot on another Carnival crap-barge until ships get MUUUUUUCH better, Chef's Table on it was an amazing experience. Princess does it a little bit different.

Carnival gives you some hands-on experience with making some small dish. Princess does not.

Carnival kept entire event in the galley, Princess had half in galley, half in MDR.

Carnival gives you a photo, Princess gives you photo, cookbook.

I felt that wine pairings were better on Princess.

I try to do Chef's Table on every cruise I go to. So far, we went on 3. Carnival, NCL and Princess. Food was more creative on Carnival. Princess had better quality, but also somewhat more traditional food. NCL was just underwhelming on all fronts.

Edited by Meanee

I've done it both on Carnival and Princess. While I swore I will not set my foot on another Carnival crap-barge until ships get MUUUUUUCH better, Chef's Table on it was an amazing experience. Princess does it a little bit different.

Carnival gives you some hands-on experience with making some small dish. Princess does not.

Carnival kept entire event in the galley, Princess had half in galley, half in MDR.

Carnival gives you a photo, Princess gives you photo, cookbook.

I felt that wine pairings were better on Princess.

I try to do Chef's Table on every cruise I go to. So far, we went on 3. Carnival, NCL and Princess. Food was more creative on Carnival. Princess had better quality, but also somewhat more traditional food. NCL was just underwhelming on all fronts.

I believe it varies by ship with CCL. We had ours half in the galley and then in a private room off the MDR for the main event. We did get a book as well as a photo.

I believe it varies by ship with CCL. We had ours half in the galley and then in a private room off the MDR for the main event. We did get a book as well as a photo.

Could be. Or could be something new with them. I was on Carnival Dream in 2013. So things could've changed.

Could be. Or could be something new with them. I was on Carnival Dream in 2013. So things could've changed.
I think the new Dream class is done in the galley as they have the space. All others are galley and private room.